Media Day/Training Camp Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Media Day/Training Camp Thread

Wow, this summer has passed by pretty quickly, huh? After this weekend, it's back to business as usual!

Check out the training camp roster here: http://blog.raptors.com/press-releas...g-camp-roster/

Interesting tidbit here: Valanciunas is shown as 7ft 257lbs (Draft measurements were 6'11" 231lbs)

There's going to be many articles, pictures, interviews, videos from media day and training camp, so post them here and discuss!
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
    Wow, this summer has passed by pretty quickly, huh? After this weekend, it's back to business as usual!

Check out the training camp roster here: http://blog.raptors.com/press-releas...g-camp-roster/

Interesting tidbit here: Valanciunas is shown as 7ft 257lbs (Draft measurements were 6'11" 231lbs)

There's going to be many articles, pictures, interviews, videos from media day and training camp, so post them here and discuss!
    I'd like to believe the 257 but it's a bit too good to be true. More than Magloire?! Maybe they're tacking on the weight of the Republic's expectations. That said, for all you conspiracy people out there, I tried to see what nba.com has him listed as.....but he doesn't exist!! Acy's there. Ross is there. Maybe it was a buyout thing. I guess we can't change the name of this thread just yet

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
      That said, for all you conspiracy people out there, I tried to see what nba.com has him listed as.....but he doesn't exist!! Acy's there. Ross is there. Maybe it was a buyout thing. I guess we can't change the name of this thread just yet

The only guys that have different height/weight on the Raps website as opposed to the official NBA website are the rookies

Acy:

Official NBA website: 6'7" 225
      Raptors Training Camp: 6'7" 233

Ross:

Official: 6'6" 195
      Raptors: 6'7" 197

I'd like to believe the 257 but it's a bit too good to be true. More than Magloire?! Maybe they're tacking on the weight of the Republic's expectations.
      None of the players have weight/height updated since rookie years I believe...

DeRozan:

Official: 6'7" 216
      Raptors: 6'7" 217

But from what we've been hearing from the Raps FO, he's grown... and not only by one pound.

Comment

theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
        The only guys that have different height/weight on the Raps website as opposed to the official NBA website are the rookies

Acy:

Official NBA website: 6'7" 225
        Raptors Training Camp: 6'7" 233

Ross:

Official: 6'6" 195
        Raptors: 6'7" 197

None of the players have weight/height updated since rookie years I believe...

DeRozan:

Official: 6'7" 216
        Raptors: 6'7" 217

But from what we've been hearing from the Raps FO, he's grown... and not only by one pound.
        Imagine if he was 240.. he would be a beast!

Comment

Media day is on Monday? and they travel to Hali Tuesday?

Comment

IROR wrote: View Post
            Media day is on Monday? and they travel to Hali Tuesday?
            Yup, they leave right away.

Comment

I'd like to believe the 257 but it's a bit too good to be true. More than Magloire?! Maybe they're tacking on the weight of the Republic's expectations. That said, for all you conspiracy people out there, I tried to see what nba.com has him listed as.....but he doesn't exist!! Acy's there. Ross is there. Maybe it was a buyout thing. I guess we can't change the name of this thread just yet
              Hey just looking at the kid he's definitely filled out.

He was rail thin when drafted he looks stronger now for sure!
              Twitter:@coachclement

The best way to predict your future is to create it - Peter Drucker

Comment

Starting wings? with the sheriff in the back

Comment

Derozen looks Fabuuuulous!
                  i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

pillowmint wrote: View Post
                    Derozen looks Fabuuuulous!
                    Got his wings spread.

Comment

Why do I feel like DeRozan is saying, "Sorry Ms. Jackson. Never meant to make yo daughter cry. I apologized a million times."

Also, DD does look bigger. Nice to see.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        Why do I feel like DeRozan is saying, "Sorry Ms. Jackson. Never meant to make yo daughter cry. I apologized a million times."

Also, DD does look bigger. Nice to see.
                        Demar does have a bit of Andre 3000 going on, I agree. Haha

What I find especially interesting though is that in your Avatar, Matt, Fields is rocking a #9 jersey. In the photo above, he's rocking #2 ...

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post

What I find especially interesting though is that in your Avatar, Matt, Fields is rocking a #9 jersey. In the photo above, he's rocking #2 ...
                          My understanding is that the press conference photo was prior to the James Johnson trade, which opened up the #2 jersey for Fields.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post

As CRF said....

I will get on the new avatar search, Commish.

Comment

Jonas does look like he's bulked up (he takes the shirt off towards the end)

Comment

Working...
                              X