Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Charles Barkley's preview of the Raptors 2012-13 Season

Raptors Republic Rookie huskies2raps's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Charles Barkley's preview of the Raptors 2012-13 Season

Came across this on NBA.COM - this is the most ridiculous preview I've seen so far; I'm a big Barkley fan and think he is hilarious to watch in between NBA games. This is stupid - he has no reasoning behind his points, and he bashes them by stating they have absolutely no chance of finishing better than last in their division. I expect a little more from Charles......thoughts?

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nb...r-preview.nba/

Apologies if this was posted somewhere else, but I saw this and had to put this up - didn't see it anywhere else. I guess if I'm playing devil's advocate, my point would be they need to start winning to gain the respect of US media....same story every year
    Your ex came by; you can call me Jonas Valanciunas, cause I'm the king of rebounds!

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

like my friend would say. Charles Barkley can suck my D***, he may have been a great player but he can't analyze shit. He needs to go back to doing taco bell commercials

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't like Charles. He seems to know less about basketball then any other analyst *cough*skip bayless*cough*. He doesn't know who plays for what team and said last years Kentucky team could beat the Toronto raptors.

Post Thanks / Like

i know i'm just trolling but i hate it when people give their opinion on something they don't know anything about. Its like a movie critic critiquing a movie after watching the first 5 mins.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

True that he offers no insight but he's not wrong, it's a HELL of a long shot to not finish last in our division. Not saying playoffs are impossible but if the raps get in, the entire atlantic is in.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    like my friend would say. Charles Barkley can suck my D***, he may have been a great player but he can't analyze shit. He needs to go back to doing taco bell commercials
    If "D***" means what I think it means, does that make he/you/or both of you gay? =P Don't put too much stock into these idiot analysts predictions. They know less than you and I about most teams.

Chuck is good for a chuckle or laugh here and there, but there's obviously a reason he's still talking trash on TV and not making decisons in a front office somewhere...

Post Thanks / Like

but he blows it way out of proportion. He over exaggerates soo much when he's talking bout the raps. He treats us like the bobcats

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    If "D***" means what I think it means, does that make he/you/or both of you gay? =P Don't put too much stock into these idiot analysts predictions. They know less than you and I about most teams.

Chuck is good for a chuckle or laugh here and there, but there's obviously a reason he's still talking trash on TV and not making decisons in a front office somewhere...
    you know what i meant homie. And well said, just like dwane casey

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Begone, Charles Barkley! BEGONE!
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

NEVER FORGET... NUMERO OCHO 👌 #saluteJose

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    but he blows it way out of proportion. He over exaggerates soo much when he's talking bout the raps. He treats us like the bobcats
    I know it's tough to swallow, but as i'm slowly learning myself, it's best to take others opinions with a grain of salt. They just don't see things from the same perspective a true fan of any given team would. So they can all go suck a D***... as it were! lol

Raptors Republic Starter TheR3dMenace's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Sucks to hear bad news, but he's right. The Raptors are all but guaranteed a 5th place finish in the Atlantic.

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

wow, raps fans can be so sensitive, who knew?

Get a grip, he's 90% jokes and style and 10% on the money. Not a snowballs chance in hell this team doesn't finish last in the Atlantic. Our only prayer is devestating injuries to the competition.
    "Analytics has a place. It can’t be the be all end all. I’m still trying to figure out when the Oakland Athletics won a championship with all the analytics they have."
    —Coach Hollins, who is a better basketball mind than you are.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Not if (when?) Bynum's knees explode. Sixers are terrible without him, and might not even be that good with him; we'll see how well he handles constant double teams.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I can't hate on Charles....I'm not saying he's a genius or anything, but like minks77 said, he's mostly just jokes. He's ok at the in-studio thing for TNT because he clearly knows how to watch the game and players, but that being said, he probably hasn't seen a Raptors game since one of Bosh's years here.

Quote tkfu wrote: View Post
    Not if (when?) Bynum's knees explode. Sixers are terrible without him, and might not even be that good with him; we'll see how well he handles constant double teams.
    Totally agree with this. The Sixers could go in either direction after this trade. Bynum isn't even health right now, as they say they'll sit him most of preseason to rest his knees...And they did little else to upgrade their roster, mostly plugging holes (ie Nick Young taking Lou's bench scorer role, Dorrell Wright to help replace some of Iggy's game).

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Matt52's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TheR3dMenace wrote: View Post
    Sucks to hear bad news, but he's right. The Raptors are all but guaranteed a 5th place finish in the Atlantic.
    5th is likely most probable but not a guarantee, in my opinion.

The Knicks were pretty bad for the majority of last year. Big turnover, egos, euphoria of new coach wearing off.... You never know.

Brooklyn is not a guarantee either. Little to no depth. Injuries in Lopez are always a possibility. Wallace is another year older and relies on athleticism. Who says all the new pieces mesh? This was a really bad team last year.

Philly lost best rebounder and post defender and scorer. Lost best wing defender. Lost leading scorer. Bynum's knees? Chemistry? Selfishness in young and age in Richardson?

My only point is while 5th is most likely it is hardly a definite.

Raptors Republic Rookie pillowmint's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's a tough division, but what's the point in trashing a team that by all measures has gotten better? I have this sick feeling that he wouldn't be as hard on the Bobcats...and that is a team in dire straights.

Honestly, I'm tired of Charles. He strikes me as a guy who walks up to the bar and expects you to buy him a drink because he's there...despite being loaded.

Ugh! But white people problems was a funny sketch on SNL last year.

NO! I remain confident in my dislike. There I said it.
    i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha, I just watched the actual clip for the 1st time. I don't think Sir Charles could name one player on the roster.

"Hey Charles, what are your thoughts on abortion?"

"There's no way abortion could be one of the top 5 teams. Abortion shouldn't have any expectations this year."
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

You don't get respect you earn it. Look at how Raps have fared these last couple years, brutal. On top of all that, the fans have treated their star players like garbage (VC & Bosh). Not that I disagree with their treatment, but it does have an after effect.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Explain to me why we care about somebodies opinion who can't count to Five. I kept expecting him to look down at his fingers. I say this about very few people in this world. Barkley is stupid. He really is. He didn't say anything predicated on insight or comparison. He made a grand generality that exposed the fact that for Charles, Math is hard.

When I saw everybody's reaction here I had thought there had been some kind of indepth disturbing analysis done. Nope...
    Just Chuck playing with some Lego.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

he should just stick to javale mcgee bashing!
    Entourage: Harvey - "E (BC) was right, there's genius in this (Bargnani)"
    Ari - "You wanna buy it?"
    Harvey - "I do, for a dollar"

Thread Information