X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hollinger's Preview on ESPN.com

stretch's post from Barkley preview thread:

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...l=1#post154884

John Hollinger is gung ho on the Raptors this season. Usually he is not.
    http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=842...goryid=2459788

Thought it deserved its own thread. Nice find, stretch.

I always shit on Hollinger because it seems he is always shitting on Toronto with what I feel is very little merit.

I actually like what he is saying here. He is saying what a lot of Rap fans around here are saying: Raps have improved and they could be decent - key word there is could - but not great.

Bottom line: Raps are changing for the better.

Comment

Thanks Hollinger for implying that we "added" Gray, Amir and Davis this year :|

Comment

Hollinger apparently expands on what he said here:
        http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story...layer-profiles

Anything interesting in there? I don't have insider access...

Comment

Hollinger talks about lack of offense but should be noted in 31 games Bargnani played they were, I believe, average in scoring.

A healthy Andrea and a few more made 3 pointers will certainly help.

Comment

I respect Hollinger opinion. This is pure conjecture, but I believe that Hollinger's anti Raptor bias may be more of a anti Colangelo bias as BC has consistently drafted talent ignoring Hollinger's draft rater with the exception of Valanciunas. DeRozan, ED, and Ross were all rated as late first rounders by Hollinger.

Hollinger has predicted NBA successes with surprising accuracy in the few years' existence of the draft rater.

Comment

Keep in mind he's basing his predictions on players who played in the NBA last year. Rookies are not accounted for.
              LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
                I respect Hollinger opinion. This is pure conjecture, but I believe that Hollinger's anti Raptor bias may be more of a anti Colangelo bias as BC has consistently drafted talent ignoring Hollinger's draft rater with the exception of Valanciunas. DeRozan, ED, and Ross were all rated as late first rounders by Hollinger.
                Hollinger has no "anti-Raptors bias" or "anti-BC bias". The Raptors won a total of 45 games in the past two years, have missed the playoffs for 4 straight years and have one winning season since 2002. In 17 seasons, the team has been awful for probably 11 or 12 of them. Noting this organization's failure isn't being anti_Raptors, it's just telling the truth.

Comment

hollinger is one of the few espn guys i like
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                  X