mcsemcp73

Default New-look Raptors won't make playoffs

http://www.sportsnet.ca/fanfuel/2012...n_no_playoffs/

I think they will make the playoff with a record 45-37

Post Thanks / Like

Quote mcsemcp73 wrote: View Post
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/fanfuel/2012...n_no_playoffs/

I think they will make the playoff with a record 45-37
    Wow. That is optimistic. Puts them in the 5-6 seed.

I am 50/50 on making the playoffs and if they do I expect 8 seed and likely 38-41 wins.

I am not intending to be antagonistic here. Just sharing an opinion. I truly hope you are correct.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I would absolutely love to make the playoffs and even have a sniff at home court in the first round. But please explain how adding Lowry, Ross, Acy, and Big Val creates a jump in our winning percentage by 20%
    Last edited by NoBan; Tue Oct 2nd, 2012 at 06:44 PM.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoBan wrote: View Post
    I would absolutely love to make the playoffs and even have a sniff at home court in the first round. But please explain how adding Lowry, Ross, Acy, and Big Val creates a jump in our winning percentage by 20%
    its funy you dont consider just the fact that ab is healtly and for the first time he didn play for italy so yes if you put a healty ab
    (whom the team was 1 game below .500 with and u add lowry and field wow.)

its sample u change calderon and rasual butler and replace them with lowry and fields plus u got calderon of the bench humm
    yes i believe)

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the consensus that all fans reached about last season is that we played .500 ball last year with a healthy Bargnani and that we could have finished with that 0.500 record by the end of the year with all our players being/reamining healthy.

Luckily, or not, we did have the injuries that sidelined Bargnani, LK and others for extended periods of time, which resulted in us being in a position to draft Ross, make a move for Lowry and also JV is here. We should also expect improvement from Bargnani, DeRozan, Kleiza and some other guys like Ed Davis...

With all of that in mind, all of the improvements, full training camp, and provided all our players remain healthy for most of the season, I really don't see why we shouldn't be able to play 0.500 ball, even when taking into account that the east has gotten much stronger this year.

I really do not expect us to reach higher though than an 8th spot in the east, but this also means that we're targeting somewhere between 37-43 wins. (I think the top 6 teams in the east will take a lot of W's from the remaining teams). Everything below 34 wins for Raps will be considered a disappointment, I guess, and will result in a 11th spot or so... Everything above 41 wins will be great for us and should guarantee a playoff berth. Getting more than 43 wins, would be considered an extra-ordinary turnaround for our franchise.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a terrible gambler but I'm saying the Raptors will have a record of 39-43. Not sure if that will qualify them for the playoff (I hope it does) but they'll be in the hunt.

Raptors Republic Superstar ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like