Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: RR NBA Dynasty League - S1

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

My team got no Love, for 6 to 8 weeks, that really sucks...

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, you won't be the only one who will be dealing with injuries. I literally read an hour after the draft about Nowitzki's knee problems and possible surgery on twitter. And this after I completely brainfarted when drafting him, which wasn't in any plan of mine. And this is just the beginning.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    OK. I have one more question . For our players on 1 year contracts... if we drop them and sign a next guy, does that count as a new year on our contract? I'm confused by a comment I read earlier... For instance: My cap is at 36 right now. If I were to drop say Kendall Marshall(1 yr deal) and pick up a guy like Willie Green to a one year deal(without stating i want him for 2-3 before the one week deadline), does my cap move up to 37? Or does it remain at 36?

Basically I'm just wondering if 3-4 guys at the bottom of my bench are interchangeable with FA's like our Football season is.(Apollo?)

I hope it hasn't been posted previously, and sorry again if I've missed it. This is my last (dumb?) question before we get it rolling. I'm way to used to simple fantasy and don't pay much attention to real cap issues!
    Released players will continue to count against the cap. Nevertheless, when you're over the cap you can keep streaming players. You only can give 1 year contracts and you can't extend their contracts after the season. You can go as far over the cap as you want in this scenario.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Released players will continue to count against the cap. Nevertheless, when you're over the cap you can keep streaming players. You only can give 1 year contracts and you can't extend their contracts after the season. You can go as far over the cap as you want in this scenario.
    Gotcha...

Post Thanks / Like

Lets make a deal for a 3pt Contributer coming my way.
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Vykis wrote: View Post
    My team got no Love, for 6 to 8 weeks, that really sucks...
    Wow, that's a lonely eight weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    And this after I completely brainfarted when drafting him, which wasn't in any plan of mine.
    Isn't it funny how 'Draft-brain' takes over, and makes decisions you would never even think about when laying out your draft plan.

I had NO intention of drafting Chris Paul before the draft. Wanted to go the cheaper route for PG as PG is DEEEP.

Well damn Draft-brain takes over and spends $75 on Chris Paul, because I thought it'd be cool to have him in both Leagues..??? Ugh.
    Or how bout Chris Bosh?! Haha No where in my Draft Plan did I have Chris Boshs name circled. Bah.

Don't get me wrong both very effective players, but not what I had in mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Pending Trade

joey_hesketh trades Tony Allen (Rank-129. 2-Year Contract) and Robin Lopez (Rank-245. 1-Year Contract) to Tucas for Jason Richardson (Rank-115. 1-Year Contract) and Kyle Korver (Rank 155. 1-Year Contract)

Works under the CBA. Tucas has the Cap-space to take on an extra Year.

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Isn't it funny how 'Draft-brain' takes over, and makes decisions you would never even think about when laying out your draft plan.

I had NO intention of drafting Chris Paul before the draft. Wanted to go the cheaper route for PG as PG is DEEEP.

Well damn Draft-brain takes over and spends $75 on Chris Paul, because I thought it'd be cool to have him in both Leagues..??? Ugh.
    Or how bout Chris Bosh?! Haha No where in my Draft Plan did I have Chris Boshs name circled. Bah.

Don't get me wrong both very effective players, but not what I had in mind.
    Lol I think I messed up the most. I spend 190 on my first 5 players and had to bid 1 dollar on all my players after that. I didn't even want gortat but still spent close to 50 on him.

Post Thanks / Like

Rashard had a nice night at the office, if he can produce like that during regular season then i got myself a steal!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Rashard had a nice night at the office, if he can produce like that during regular season then i got myself a steal!
    Tyrus Thomas did too (14pts16rebs2ast1blk), got him for 1 buck

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm now that I've slept on my trade, I think I regret trading Tony Allen ... but I did need 3PT help pretty bad. Hrmm .. damn you Fantasy Hoops ... taking over my life again.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

good to see some trades going already, active league!

Post Thanks / Like

Are we allowed to amnesty a player prior to this season start or do we have to wait until next offseason to amnesty a player?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    Are we allowed to amnesty a player prior to this season start or do we have to wait until next offseason to amnesty a player?
    Lol, already??

Post Thanks / Like

Lol, already??
    Lmao. Still trying to figure out what I was thinking when I assigned 4 years to Royce white.

Post Thanks / Like

Page 1:

Exception: Each team has a one time amnesty clause available for use. This will allow you to cut one player in the off-season without any salary cap implications.
    You are in the off-season... Although I never thought someone would be using it already. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Has Ibaka added a 3pt shot to his game? He is 4/7 in preseason 3pt attempts. So many big guys trying to become guards, tsk tsk tsk. Hopefully he remembers his true calling and blocks the 3.7 shots per game again this year

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    Lmao. Still trying to figure out what I was thinking when I assigned 4 years to Royce white.
    I saw that and laughed like hell.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Has Ibaka added a 3pt shot to his game? He is 4/7 in preseason 3pt attempts. So many big guys trying to become guards, tsk tsk tsk. Hopefully he remembers his true calling and blocks the 3.7 shots per game again this year
    I saw him knock down a 3 vs the bulls last night and wondered where he pulled that out of. Moderation would be key for him, kinda like Bosh did in most of his time here.

And let's not forget the way DeRozan was knocking them down in the early part of last year, only to finish at 26% I believe. My assumption would be Ibaka will go back to the blocks once regular season starts.

Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information