Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: RR NBA Dynasty League - S1

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    How do you figure you could be 2nd when theres .. at least 3 people, maybe 4 (depends how you look at ties) with better records than you? Haha

You want something to complain about, how about me finishing with the same record as you; beating you during the regular season, and still I'm ranked lower than you. Explain that one. Lol
    Lol I woulda been 2nd because I was tied for first in my division with Apollo. And ya I know what you mean. Me and Apollo finished with the same percentage, I beat him in the regular season and he still got the higher ranking. Yahoo has some weird methods...

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    Lol damn I can't believe I'm 5th instead of second because of a virtual coin flip. Now I know how the raptors feel.
    Could be worse.

Just missed the playoffs in 9th, so no extra revenue from the playoff games but not much of a draft pick either. I'm slotting myself into "perpetual rebuild mode" right now.

Post Thanks / Like

Me and Apollo finished with the same percentage, I beat him in the regular season and he still got the higher ranking. Yahoo has some weird methods...
    Hmm ya, I do not understand this. And unfortunately, from what I can see, theres nothing we can do as Commish to adjust these 'methods' of determination.

And another "issue" that has presented itself, is WJF, 7th overall is facing a 'weaker' opponent than Tucas, who finished 5th.

Tucas takes on 14-6 Matt52, while WJF gets off relatively easy with the comparitively worse record of Apollo's 11-7-2.

Just something I've noticed.
    I think we can be using this Inaugural season to find what works and what doesn't, and try to make for a better experience going forward.
    Last edited by Joey; Wed Mar 20th, 2013 at 05:34 PM.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Tiebreak rules are pretty easy to find. I had to know them because of the battle for eight.

Apollo is second seed because he won his conference. This is what happens in the nba to Western teams all the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote coastal wrote: View Post
    Could be worse.

Just missed the playoffs in 9th, so no extra revenue from the playoff games but not much of a draft pick either. I'm slotting myself into "perpetual rebuild mode" right now.
    That's only because you didn't set your line-up when you were in full battle for the last play-off spot...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Tiebreak rules are pretty easy to find. I had to know them because of the battle for eight.
    Suppose, but I will post them for next season to avoid any further confusion; although according to Yahoo! (quote below) I should have been the 5th seed over Tucas then. Ugh. Lol
    And Tucas over Apollo for 2nd. Although Apollo's 2 tie games make for a different situation.

Quote Yahoo! Fantasy Basketball Help wrote:
    Head-to-Head One-Win Leagues

The tiebreaker in these leagues is the matchup win percentage against this opponent during the regular season. (Not stat category wins)

Example: Team C beat Team D, 3 out of 4 times during the regular season for a .750 win percentage.

It is not possible for a custom league commissioner to deviate from this tiebreaking system.

Source

Quote Soft Euro wrote:
    Apollo is second seed because he won his conference. This is what happens in the nba to Western teams all the time.
    Right, but in the NBA the Conferences don't mix come playoff time. So its not really an even comparison. In the NBA Apollo would be facing the 4th best Record in your Conference.

And the NBA actually changed the seeding rules a few years back to help mitigate this from happening again.

I don't know, just seemed wrong to me. Perhaps I'm stirring up the pot too much.
    Last edited by Joey; Wed Mar 20th, 2013 at 07:15 PM.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Good point on the mixing.

You got the wrong rules though. Those are for ties in a playoff matchup. For position at the end of the regular season 'they' look at the results in the last week. If that's the same, the results one week earlier, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Added point about the mixing and 2nd seed for conf winner: everyone who looked at the rules at Yahoo isn't surprised...

Post Thanks / Like

Good point on the mixing.

You got the wrong rules though. Those are for ties in a playoff matchup. For position at the end of the regular season 'they' look at the results in the last week. If that's the same, the results one week earlier, etc.
    That can't be right. Appolo lost his last week and I won my last week. By those rules I still should've been 2nd.

Post Thanks / Like

Ahh, thanks for pointing that out! Tough to tell the two interpretations apart. Yours makes more sense though.

Added point about the mixing and 2nd seed for conf winner: everyone who looked at the rules at Yahoo isn't surprised...
    Its not whether we're surprised or not. We all knew Winner of the conference would get #1 & #2.
    It's just at the beginning of the season, we didn't necessarily foresee a situation like this happening. I know I didn't.
    I loved the idea of conferences. Less so when I found out we couldn't have 4 teams from each conference go through to the playoffs.

It could have turned out completely normally, and everything could have been fine with the mixing, had the conferences been more balanced. Which could very well work itself out by next season.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Ahh, thanks for pointing that out! Tough to tell the two interpretations apart. Yours makes more sense though.

Its not whether we're surprised or not. We all knew Winner of the conference would get #1 & #2.
    It's just at the beginning of the season, we didn't necessarily foresee a situation like this happening. I know I didn't.
    I loved the idea of conferences. Less so when I found out we couldn't have 4 teams from each conference go through to the playoffs.

It could have turned out completely normally, and everything could have been fine with the mixing, had the conferences been more balanced. Which could very well work itself out by next season.
    I was just thinking, what's the point of having the conferences? Wouldn't it be more fair to eliminate the conferences all together and have 1 big one? There were 4 teams in your conference with better records that got lower rankings just because these conferences exist. I get the idea if its like nba, 4 make it from each 1st faces 4th and 2nd faces 3rd and then a team from each conference in the finals, but all having 2 conferences is doing is awarding a decent team with 2nd seed because they're in an easier conference. It just seems pointless to me unless its more like nba rules.

Post Thanks / Like

That can't be right. Appolo lost his last week and I won my last week. By those rules I still should've been 2nd.
    Yes, you should. That is weird. Nothing can be done about it of course, but we should ask Yahoo about it.

Post Thanks / Like

I've always thought that yahoo fantasy leagues are one of the weaker and less configurable of the ones out there. Not to mention slow interface and shitty player updates.
    It's not a big deal to me though, I don't mind where or how the league is setup. I thank you guys for having the league in the first place and putting all the time and effort into keeping stats, maintaining cap info and all that stuff. Thanks and keep up the great work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote drizz wrote: View Post
    I've always thought that yahoo fantasy leagues are one of the weaker and less configurable of the ones out there. Not to mention slow interface and shitty player updates.
    It's not a big deal to me though, I don't mind where or how the league is setup. I thank you guys for having the league in the first place and putting all the time and effort into keeping stats, maintaining cap info and all that stuff. Thanks and keep up the great work.
    Besides Yahoo, I've only played at espn. What other sites are there we could best be looking at?

Post Thanks / Like

ESPN is a good one. There is also CBS which is ok as well. I have heard really good things about fleaflicker but have yet to join one of their leagues.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote drizz wrote: View Post
    ESPN is a good one. There is also CBS which is ok as well. I have heard really good things about fleaflicker but have yet to join one of their leagues.
    I'm not against looking into another host; certainly if there are good other options for Dynasty. Lets get back on this topic in the offseason.

Post Thanks / Like

For those who lose their first round play-off series: places 5-8 will be decided by match-ups as well, our season ain't over yet...

Unfortunately no play-off rounds for 9-16, so for the draft position we'll have to work out something else.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

That's only because you didn't set your line-up when you were in full battle for the last play-off spot...
    lol, I know. Work got busy.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Drizz!!

That is such an epic win by Drizz .. great fight put up by Skywalker, but think about it ... Drizz didn't make ONE move all year. Talk about trusting your Draft Strategy! Hah, Check out his Roster, not even a Top 10 Fantasy player on the team. Amazing. We could all learn a thing or two. Congrats man!

Was going to try and pick a Finals MVP from your lineup, but honestly, the contributions are so evenly distributed its tough to single any one player out!
    Brandon Jennings, Rodney Stuckey, Paul Millsap and Kemba Walker all had pretty fantastic Weeks.

Final Standings:

1. drizz
    2. Skywalkers
    3. WJF
    4. Tucas
    5. Matt52
    6. joey_hesketh
    7. Soft Euro
    8. Apollo
    9. coastal
    10. jbml
    11. Keeping it Real !!
    12. Mack North
    13. The Coach
    14. concept
    15. Kadazzle
    16. Vykis

(I think I got these right. Haha)

Congrats Everyone on a Successful Season!!
    Last edited by Joey; Mon Apr 8th, 2013 at 12:00 AM.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

When is the deadline to sign your own 2 free agents before the draft?

It would be good to know the free agent list before the draft as well.

Dynasty never sleeps.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread Information