Yeah I decided to live or die by my original team. There will be some moves next season for sure.
Great season everyone!
I'm not against facilitating trading during the off-season; they will have to be subject to certain trade trules and you'll probably have to work them out through mail instead of through Yahoo (I don't think that trading is possible during the off season on Yahoo).
I'll make a bunch of posts in the upcoming periode about commissioning, trades, our collections of managers, the draft, etc. I'll put each subject in a separate post to enable discussion.
I have made the final adjustment to the capsheet and made the starting capsheet for the new season. Please check these, as it's very well possible that I've made some mistakes!
Here's the final capsheet of the 2012-2013 season.
Here's the new capsheet for the 2013-2014 season with the adjusted contract length. Players that have 0 contract years but are still on the roster are restricted free agents. Every team can resign up to two of their own restricted free agents; the others will become unrestricted free agents.
Btw: rosters are officially locked now; you can't add free agents at this moment. For some reason Yahoo allows to do this even though the settings are such that this should not be possible.
thanks for updating the rosters. looking forward to next year
The amnesty clause question - We can use it once on a player that was from the original draft? or can I use it in the future if I sign a newly drafted player to a long contract I decide to get rid of?
I would like to amnesty Bass off of my list, I have already dropped him off the roster and would like to just free up the extra cap space.
Thanks Soft Euro and Joey.
Lots of work here to keep on top of it all. I appreciate it. My wife certainly doesn't but whatever.
1) Free agency: are we doing it like the big leagues? i.e. July 1st courting/bidding begins and a week later free agents awarded?
2) signing players to extensions: the two players who you can extend who you picked up on waivers provided you were under the salary cap when the pick up occurred; that is to happen before the draft, do we have a date? I imagine there will be some free agents added to the available pool once this happens. For example, there is no doubt I will be extending Sanders and not sure who else at this time: Jack? Dudley? Blatche?
THanks again guys.
"You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"Bruno Caboclo
Basketball has clear winners every night --except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.
1) For me, there are a few things unknown. I think that Yahoo closes the leagues and opens them only when all the fantasy basketball leagues for the 2013-2014 season are opened. That will be some time after July 1st. This is only my second year with Yahoo leagues, so I'm not quite sure here, but I think that's the case. We won't be able to set any concrete timetables untill we know these dates.
2) It's not just players picked up from waivers, but all players with an expired contract signed under (or at) the cap.
My suggestion would be (just the order, no dates of course)
(- to be established period of possible mail-trades facilitated by SE)
- re-signing players > players not signed added to the free agent pool
- draft (non-live draft of one round containing only the rookies)
- free agent bidding
- cap submission
Quick question. I'm looking at the cap sheet, and a lot of people have three or more players who are signed for 4 years. Assuming we can't sign players to extensions, and you can only resign two restricted free-agents, won't that mean that 4 years from now, there will be a lot of elite players hitting free-agency? For example, if I'm interpreting it right, I would only be allowed to sign two of LaMarcus Aldridge, Danilo Galinari, and Rajon Rondo. Apollo would only be allowed to sign two of Dion Waiters, Anthony Davis, and Marc Gasol. Drizz would only be allowed to keep two of Brandon Jennings, Paul Millsap, DeMarcus Cousins, and Al Horford. The same thing would happen to SKYWALKERS and The Coach in year three, rather than year four. Shouldn't you be allowed to retain your best players, rather than being forced to let one, or in some cases two, of them go?
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)