Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread: RR NBA Dynasty League - S1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    When is the deadline to sign your own 2 free agents before the draft?

It would be good to know the free agent list before the draft as well.

Dynasty never sleeps.
    I would love to see some off-season moves as well. I am looking to deal!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Joey
    Yeah I decided to live or die by my original team. There will be some moves next season for sure.

Great season everyone!

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

When is the deadline to sign your own 2 free agents before the draft?

It would be good to know the free agent list before the draft as well.

Dynasty never sleeps.
    Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    I would love to see some off-season moves as well. I am looking to deal!
    I edited the rosters so that all current unrestricted free agents are on the available players list.

I'm not against facilitating trading during the off-season; they will have to be subject to certain trade trules and you'll probably have to work them out through mail instead of through Yahoo (I don't think that trading is possible during the off season on Yahoo).

I'll make a bunch of posts in the upcoming periode about commissioning, trades, our collections of managers, the draft, etc. I'll put each subject in a separate post to enable discussion.

4. Like Joey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Default End of season rosters and 2013-2014 starting rosters

I have made the final adjustment to the capsheet and made the starting capsheet for the new season. Please check these, as it's very well possible that I've made some mistakes!

Here's the final capsheet of the 2012-2013 season.

Here's the new capsheet for the 2013-2014 season with the adjusted contract length. Players that have 0 contract years but are still on the roster are restricted free agents. Every team can resign up to two of their own restricted free agents; the others will become unrestricted free agents.

6. Like mcHAPPY, drizz, Joey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Btw: rosters are officially locked now; you can't add free agents at this moment. For some reason Yahoo allows to do this even though the settings are such that this should not be possible.

8. Like Joey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Euro! You're the man!

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Btw: rosters are officially locked now; you can't add free agents at this moment. For some reason Yahoo allows to do this even though the settings are such that this should not be possible.
    Good call man. Just locked all the teams in Keeper as well.
    Last edited by Joey; Tue Apr 9th, 2013 at 06:14 PM.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Thanks Euro! You're the man!

Good call man. Just locked all the teams in Keeper as well.
    Can you do that in Dynasty as well? I didn't see how to do it. In the settings it says that the rosters will be locked after ellimination, but I was still able to add players.

Post Thanks / Like

Can you do that in Dynasty as well? I didn't see how to do it. In the settings it says that the rosters will be locked after ellimination, but I was still able to add players.
    Done and Done. So weird though, they must have a master-deadline for ALL leagues, or something.
    Anywho, Dynasty is now locked down from any Add/Drops. Left Trades unlocked, but not sure if that can be used at this point or not.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Done and Done. So weird though, they must have a master-deadline for ALL leagues, or something.
    Anywho, Dynasty is now locked down from any Add/Drops. Left Trades unlocked, but not sure if that can be used at this point or not.
    Great.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for updating the rosters. looking forward to next year

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

The amnesty clause question - We can use it once on a player that was from the original draft? or can I use it in the future if I sign a newly drafted player to a long contract I decide to get rid of?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote koncept wrote: View Post
    The amnesty clause question - We can use it once on a player that was from the original draft? or can I use it in the future if I sign a newly drafted player to a long contract I decide to get rid of?
    You can use it once; per original rule by Apollo. You can use it on any player you'd like, already signed or not.

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to amnesty Bass off of my list, I have already dropped him off the roster and would like to just free up the extra cap space.

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to amnesty Bass off of my list, I have already dropped him off the roster and would like to just free up the extra cap space.
    That is allowed of course, but he is only on the books for one more year. Personally, I think that would be a tremendous waste of your one time amnesty option. Right now you have 21 years invested in 9 players and 19 years left for 6 players and some flexibility, that should give enough room to save your amnesty for later years.

Post Thanks / Like

That is allowed of course, but he is only on the books for one more year. Personally, I think that would be a tremendous waste of your one time amnesty option. Right now you have 21 years invested in 9 players and 19 years left for 6 players and some flexibility, that should give enough room to save your amnesty for later years.
    True enough, I will give it some more thought. Can you only extend as player on your roster once they have 0 years left, can we extends players early?

Post Thanks / Like

True enough, I will give it some more thought. Can you only extend as player on your roster once they have 0 years left, can we extends players early?
    You can only extend players once their contract is over; at least, that's how I interpreted the rules.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Soft Euro and Joey.

Lots of work here to keep on top of it all. I appreciate it. My wife certainly doesn't but whatever.

Two questions:

1) Free agency: are we doing it like the big leagues? i.e. July 1st courting/bidding begins and a week later free agents awarded?

2) signing players to extensions: the two players who you can extend who you picked up on waivers provided you were under the salary cap when the pick up occurred; that is to happen before the draft, do we have a date? I imagine there will be some free agents added to the available pool once this happens. For example, there is no doubt I will be extending Sanders and not sure who else at this time: Jack? Dudley? Blatche?

THanks again guys.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Soft Euro and Joey.

Lots of work here to keep on top of it all. I appreciate it. My wife certainly doesn't but whatever.

Two questions:

1) Free agency: are we doing it like the big leagues? i.e. July 1st courting/bidding begins and a week later free agents awarded?

2) signing players to extensions: the two players who you can extend who you picked up on waivers provided you were under the salary cap when the pick up occurred; that is to happen before the draft, do we have a date? I imagine there will be some free agents added to the available pool once this happens. For example, there is no doubt I will be extending Sanders and not sure who else at this time: Jack? Dudley? Blatche?

THanks again guys.
    I'm starting to get the idea you might need some marriage counseling...

1) For me, there are a few things unknown. I think that Yahoo closes the leagues and opens them only when all the fantasy basketball leagues for the 2013-2014 season are opened. That will be some time after July 1st. This is only my second year with Yahoo leagues, so I'm not quite sure here, but I think that's the case. We won't be able to set any concrete timetables untill we know these dates.

2) It's not just players picked up from waivers, but all players with an expired contract signed under (or at) the cap.

My suggestion would be (just the order, no dates of course)

(- to be established period of possible mail-trades facilitated by SE)
    - re-signing players > players not signed added to the free agent pool
    - draft (non-live draft of one round containing only the rookies)
    - free agent bidding
    - cap submission

Post Thanks / Like

Here's the new capsheet for the 2013-2014 season with the adjusted contract length. Players that have 0 contract years but are still on the roster are restricted free agents. Every team can resign up to two of their own restricted free agents; the others will become unrestricted free agents.
    Added the traded draft picks to the overview page (because we'll likely have to import these at the start of the new season).

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quick question. I'm looking at the cap sheet, and a lot of people have three or more players who are signed for 4 years. Assuming we can't sign players to extensions, and you can only resign two restricted free-agents, won't that mean that 4 years from now, there will be a lot of elite players hitting free-agency? For example, if I'm interpreting it right, I would only be allowed to sign two of LaMarcus Aldridge, Danilo Galinari, and Rajon Rondo. Apollo would only be allowed to sign two of Dion Waiters, Anthony Davis, and Marc Gasol. Drizz would only be allowed to keep two of Brandon Jennings, Paul Millsap, DeMarcus Cousins, and Al Horford. The same thing would happen to SKYWALKERS and The Coach in year three, rather than year four. Shouldn't you be allowed to retain your best players, rather than being forced to let one, or in some cases two, of them go?

Thread Information