Thanks for the awesome speedy work Matt!
When does free agency start?
Thanks for the awesome speedy work Matt!
When does free agency start?
I've set my keepers as the guys under contract plus 2 free agents who I signed with less than cap (40 years) who I could resign as per our "CBA".
I would think this keeper deadline should be moved up until the start of FA so we know who is available.
For example, I am resigning Sanders and Jack while letting Blatche, Miles, and Dudley enter free agency.
Don't forget this post:
Lots of information.
Last edited by mcHAPPY; Mon Oct 7th, 2013 at 06:20 PM.
Are we waiting until free agency to sign rookies/resign players? Personally I think it'd be better for everyone to submit their years for rookies and resignees now that way I could have them imputted before the start of free agency. I'm fine either way though. Also if we do decide to do this would either Joey or SoftEuro be able to send me the files from last year when you get the chance?
Last edited by tucas; Mon Oct 7th, 2013 at 10:04 PM.
Was there an email sent out asking for our picks? I have been checking this discussion quite regularly but must have missed something.
Keeping Sanders and Jack.
Sanders: 5 years.
Jack: 2 years
MCW: 1 year
Don't forget the following as it has all the latest information for your team, including players, years under contract, amnesty, cap total:
I know there are no available teams, but if someone decides to drop this league, then contact me, I'm willing to participate.
First up, I'd like to address the attention this league has received in recent days from Interested parties looking to buy into several of our clubs. The league is in a very strong place financially, and these offers reflect that. And while expansion could be a possibility, at this point in time, the complexities of the league will restrict us to 16 teams, as we look to evolve in the most organic way possible.
And subsequently, because of these complexities, I have been forced to look for a little help running the ins and outs of this league. Thus, I am PROUD to announce that Matt52 will be coming on Co-Commissioner, and I look forward to his contributions. Tucas will also be taking over as League Treasurer and Official Book Keeper, as well as helping out in a co-commish capacity.
Please join me in thanking them for keeping this League Strong and Awesome!
Lets get to business:
- We need to get everyone registered. Since Joey enabled my commish powers this morning I am starting to get an idea of how much freaking work it is to run the league. Lots of tedious clicking.
- Drafted players have been added with the exception of coastal (Anthony Bennett) because he is not registered - get 'er done! Everyone have a look at your team to make sure I did it properly.
- You need to select your keepers. You do this by signing in to Yahoo!, go to your roster, click on keepers, check the boxes. Anyone you have under contract, click the box. Any rookie drafted, click the box. You can sign up to two of your own free agents - but only two - click the box. Everyone else leave unchecked and they will be removed. If you want that player you can bid in free agency - but we can't start free agency until we get this done.
- Once you have #3 done, you then need to send those results to tucas so he can do the books. Also, you need to assign the number of years you want to keep the player. Remember the cap is 40 and you can't go over the cap, even to sign your own FAs.
- If you haven't been to this post yet, what are you waiting for? All your information is there. http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...l=1#post202770
- TEAM BALLSWIN has replaced Apollo. TEAM BALLSWIN has the roster Apollo ended the year with. Like above, you need to select up to two free agents to keep in Yahoo! and email/personal message tucas.
- If you did not submit a selection in the draft, you can still add a rookie until free agency begins. It will be first come, first serve. If you want a rookie send me a personal message and I'll add him to your roster.
I can't emphasize how important the above is because we can't start free agency until it is done. We'll set a deadline in a day or two after we see the response. Hopefully it gets done.
Last edited by mcHAPPY; Tue Oct 8th, 2013 at 10:24 AM.
I'm sorry guys; you can count me out. I just don't want to come back to the forums after how I experienced it before I left with the nazi stuff and the ad hominem attacks. That's not why I liked being a part of this forum and unfortunately moderating was really slacking (at least that's how I see it). I get really annoyed by that stuff and I'm out.
Loved being in the leagues here and being a part of this forum for a long time and will miss not being able to capitalize after building my keeper league for the first two years.
But I just don't really understand why you've decided to wait until 2 weeks before the fantasy season starts to inform us that we will require new managers.
Furthermore, "nazi stuff"? There was one user with a swastika as his avatar and he was banned for life.
Last edited by Joey; Tue Oct 8th, 2013 at 12:18 PM.
WJF I got your PM and your players have been added as well.
I will be resigning Zach Randolph for 1 year and Jeff Teague for 3 years.
Also I ask that everyone still keep tabs on their own cap as well. It's always better to have 2 sets just incase a mistake is made somewhere.
Something that I'm starting to notice and I doubt there is a reasonable fix for is that since this is just season 2 the free agent crop isn't going to be very good this year. People are starting to have 20+ years available to fill out 4 or 5 spots in free agency. When we started last season everyone started the season either at around the 35-40 years range. I personally won't even crack much more 25 going into this season. I'm not sure there's much we can do about it but this basically gives everyone free reign on the waiver wire and in trades for this entire season with likely no consequence.
Also the years in free agency don't matter. We are going to have an auction with everyone having just $200 to round out their roster. Once guys spend their $200 they can allocate years. We've already seen some examples of what happens when guys hand out 4-5 year contracts to a guy they drop.
Yuccas using yourself as an example if you don't crack 25 then in the next year or two you are going to have a load of guys coming off your books and you can only resign 2. There are risks to handing out big contracts but there is also a risk of not handing out big deals. Guys might find themselves having to pick 2 all stars out of 4 to keep and watching the other two get signed by someone else in free agency.
Anyways I could go on but if prefer to keep it as is because any change is really going to f&@k up strategy I've been using since we started.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)