Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My team is so injured. I've yet to get anything from Avery Bradley, Chauncey Billups and Eric Gordon. Melo is injured now too. I'd probably be willing to take on Augustin.

Comment

• Injuries have played a huge role in this season so far. Thrilled to be getting Rubio back tonight! Probably won't give me much at first, but I'm near the bottom of the league in assists, steals and FT %, so I'm hoping he gets back into the swing quickly.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
        Updated (december 15).
        Thanks again for doing these Updates Euro. If you didn't live on the other side of the Ocean, I'd take you out for a beer! Haha

And nice doing business with you. Augustin has probably been my biggest disappointment of the entire year.
        I guess since you're already at 42-years, you could just drop Augustin farely consequence free now as well.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          Thanks again for doing these Updates Euro. If you didn't live on the other side of the Ocean, I'd take you out for a beer! Haha
          Don't worry about it, I'll drink the beer anyway...

And nice doing business with you. Augustin has probably been my biggest disappointment of the entire year.
          I guess since you're already at 42-years, you could just drop Augustin farely consequence free now as well.
          I wanted to stay below 40 as well, but didn't do very well in the draft; too many players with no production at all. Probably waited too long with making changes.

Comment

• I'm looking to move my top draft pick and one of my players. In return I'm asking that the player you offer be an upgrade from the player I trade away. Any takers??

Comment

• skywalker wrote: View Post
              I'm looking to move my top draft pick and one of my players. In return I'm asking that the player you offer be an upgrade from the player I trade away. Any takers??
              Thats essentially the move I just made to rid myself of Augustin. My team is in "Win Now" mode.
              Gotta keep CP3 happy, or else he'll leave when his contract is up, or force my hand to trade him.

Comment

• I wonder what everyone thinks about being able to stash draft picks? One thing that is nice about a Dynasty league is the ability to build slowly with youth (as one strategy). Right now there are several 1st round picks available on the free agent market who may turn into great players a couple years down the line. I forsee that a good chunk of the league won't bother keeping their draft picks next year.

What I was thinking was that teams could carry 1 or 2 (2 would be better I think) players that they have drafted on an inactive list. Basically, you retain the rights to these players but they can't be used in games. As soon as you promote a player he comes off your inactive list for good. Only players you draft, or, inactive players you trade for could be on your inactive list. Rights would be retained for 2 years, and then that player is available to everyone if you don't want them on your active team.

I think this would add an interesting aspect to the league, and wouldn't be hard to manage. Right now there a guys who should be pretty solid players in a couple years on the free agent market because their situation right now doesn't warrant putting them on a roster.

Thoughts?

Comment

I'm looking to move my top draft pick and one of my players. In return I'm asking that the player you offer be an upgrade from the player I trade away. Any takers??
                  I am open to offers.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• coastal wrote: View Post
                    I wonder what everyone thinks about being able to stash draft picks? One thing that is nice about a Dynasty league is the ability to build slowly with youth (as one strategy). Right now there are several 1st round picks available on the free agent market who may turn into great players a couple years down the line. I forsee that a good chunk of the league won't bother keeping their draft picks next year.

What I was thinking was that teams could carry 1 or 2 (2 would be better I think) players that they have drafted on an inactive list. Basically, you retain the rights to these players but they can't be used in games. As soon as you promote a player he comes off your inactive list for good. Only players you draft, or, inactive players you trade for could be on your inactive list. Rights would be retained for 2 years, and then that player is available to everyone if you don't want them on your active team.

I think this would add an interesting aspect to the league, and wouldn't be hard to manage. Right now there a guys who should be pretty solid players in a couple years on the free agent market because their situation right now doesn't warrant putting them on a roster.

Thoughts?
                    You say it's not hard to manage, but I don't think that's possible with the Yahoo settings.

Comment

Open for offers as well.

Comment

I wonder what everyone thinks about being able to stash draft picks? One thing that is nice about a Dynasty league is the ability to build slowly with youth (as one strategy). Right now there are several 1st round picks available on the free agent market who may turn into great players a couple years down the line. I forsee that a good chunk of the league won't bother keeping their draft picks next year.

Thoughts?
                        I might be in better shape if we could do this, but as Soft Euro said, I don't think it's doable with Yahoo's settings.

As an aside, I don't exactly understand the whole draft pick situation for next year or going forward. How is it possible to trade a 15th rounder or a 7th rounder? I don't recall reading anything about this in the rules, sorry.

If someone can clarify this, i think I'll pretty much be in full understanding of this complex league! I hope...

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                          As an aside, I don't exactly understand the whole draft pick situation for next year or going forward. How is it possible to trade a 15th rounder or a 7th rounder? I don't recall reading anything about this in the rules, sorry.

If someone can clarify this, i think I'll pretty much be in full understanding of this complex league! I hope...
                          There's really only the 1st round. So by trading a 15th pick for a 1st pick, its essentially done to appease Yahoo's insistance on trading a pick for pick.

The 1st Round picks are the only ones which will carry any value, or serve any real purpose.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                            You say it's not hard to manage, but I don't think that's possible with the Yahoo settings.
                            I can think of two ways off the bat, I'm sure others could think of other ways with more effort.

1. One extra roster spot (to keep it simple). This spot can only be used for an inactive player you drafted (or traded for from another team). If you "activate" the player (ie use him in your active line-up at any point in the season) you must drop another player to do so, and that spot must remain empty (unless filled by another "prospect"). Consequences "cheating" by playing an extra player could be decided upon by the league - ie lose your draft pick in the next season, less free agent money next off season, whatever.

2. Have a list of players who are free agents but whose rights are retained by another team. If a team accidentally picks up one of these players because they forget to look at the list, the person with the rights to that player will notice, complain, and the player will be removed from the other team's roster.

Anyways, something to think about. I think it would add something to the league.

Comment

Thoughts?
                              This would eliminate part of the challenge of this league.

coastal wrote: View Post
                              I can think of two ways off the bat, I'm sure others could think of other ways with more effort.

1. One extra roster spot (to keep it simple). This spot can only be used for an inactive player you drafted (or traded for from another team). If you "activate" the player (ie use him in your active line-up at any point in the season) you must drop another player to do so, and that spot must remain empty (unless filled by another "prospect"). Consequences "cheating" by playing an extra player could be decided upon by the league - ie lose your draft pick in the next season, less free agent money next off season, whatever.

2. Have a list of players who are free agents but whose rights are retained by another team. If a team accidentally picks up one of these players because they forget to look at the list, the person with the rights to that player will notice, complain, and the player will be removed from the other team's roster.

Anyways, something to think about. I think it would add something to the league.
                              And who's going to do all the work in tracking this to make sure everyone follows it? This league is complex enough in my opinion. Adding to it adds work and I don't think this proposal makes the league better, it just makes it easier.

I have guys on my bench right now who wouldn't be there if this were merely a keeper league. If I wanted t squeeze a little more out of my team now then I have the power to do so while sacrificing the future. That in my opinion is the brilliance of a dynasty league. Taking away challenge only moves the pack closer to the stronger managers. I'd rather see the pack fight their way up the board within the same confines as those who are succeeding right now.

You're going to need to be really good to win this league with the current rules. You're going to have to be downright amazing to maintain that success. That's a perfect balance in my opinion.
                              Last edited by Apollo; Thu Dec 20, 2012, 03:59 PM.

Comment

• It seems like Lilromeo hasn't set his line-up for some weeks; I hope we're not losing a manager this quick.

Comment

Working...
                                X