Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm looking to shake things up a bit. If anyone's interested in anyone on my team everyone is available except harden. I sent some offers out already but I want to make a deal soon.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
      Updated the Salary Cap Allocation for online viewing or download in pdf-format.
      Updated today; trade deadline is getting closer ...

Vykis joined the 1000 cap-club.

Comment

• On another note; there haven't been any reactions to my post about (mainly) starting a discussion about deciding on a draft order. If there is no discussion, I'm taking this as a signal that, when we'll come up with a system that includes the post-season (and thus also consolation rounds as a way to gain in the draft postion), everybody will be ok with that.

Comment

• I can't seem to find your post about draft order. What were you thinking?

I would prefer a system similar to the NBA. This is of course coming from a guy sitting near the bottom of the league. But I feel it'll help balance out the teams in the long run and provide something for the teams riding the bottom. The whole league is active so I don't think theres a real tanking factor.
          Last edited by koncept; Sat Feb 23, 2013, 11:52 PM.
          in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• This:

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
            3. The draft / lottery
            Prior to and at the beginning of the season there has been some discussion about how we would go about deciding the draft order. This hasn't been resolved yet, but I think we should start discussing this and come to a decision.

Apollo suggested that, to help prevent blatant tanking the consolation rounds should play a factor in deciding the draft order. I'm all for that and there are different ways to go about this, e.g. start a lottery system or maybe a point system, where you get a number of points based on your regular season finish (high finish = more points) and a number of points based on the play-offs/consolation rounds where finishing high in the consolation rounds means getting less points. Team with the lowest point total gets the highest draft position and so on. I could work this out in an example if we are interested in this, but I'd also welcome any other ideas.

Comment

This:
              Just wanted to let my voice me heard. Tanking to get top pick is the only potential issue I see, and if Soft Euro is willing to put the time and energy into his proposed point system, I'd say lets roll with that.

Comment

• skywalker wrote: View Post
                Just wanted to let my voice me heard. Tanking to get top pick is the only potential issue I see, and if Soft Euro is willing to put the time and energy into his proposed point system, I'd say lets roll with that.
                I'd like to; at the moment though, I'm not sure there even are consolation games for the teams that don't reach the play-offs (after a pm by Joey). I am building on something proposed by Apollo before the season. If there are no consolation games for the bottom 8 teams, we should look at some sort of lottery system. I think Apollo did something like that in the football league, but I don't know exactly how he executed it. I'm strongly in favor of any system that gives some sort of reward for trying to be competitive even for bottom teams or which at least lessens the incentive to stop being (seriously) competitive.

Comment

• When's the trade deadline?

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                    When's the trade deadline?
                    March, 14th

Comment

• On the tanking /draft issue my thoughts are this:

Is there a tanking problem? As of today the oldest date of a manager activity was Feb 19. That is not bad in my books. Vykis beat me last week. He now has two wins. I think this is a pretty good group to play with.

This is a large league with large rosters.There is relatively little available on the waiver wire. Trades do not come easily. Our teams are set. The chance to improve your team is minimal compared to standard leagues. Drafts orders are from worst to first for a reason.

I would be concerned about an over reaction to tanking being to the detriment of long term interest and retainment. I would love to be kicking the same ass for the next number of years .

Having said that i would not be adverse to what is being suggested here. (season+consolation rd).

Perhaps something as simple as a consolation rd win being added to the regular season losses. Most losses plus consolation wins gets the higher pick
                      There will be a chance for movement while at the same time maintaining the principal that the worst teams have the best chance to improve.

Whatever is decided I will be here on draft night
                      Last edited by jbml; Wed Feb 27, 2013, 06:38 PM.

Comment

• What the hell Noah!? 3 turnovers and only one assist? #useless

Comment

• I just noticed an error on the drop box salary page for my team. It has Kevin Seraphin listed as a 2 year contract. He was never assigned to two. Here is a reference to my originaly cap submission if you need it. http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...e=2&do=discuss
                          in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• TRADE:

Pau Gasol and his 3 year contract (2 years after this year) + my top draft pick for your 3 year contract player that can help me make a push into the playoffs!! Any takers??

Comment

Updated the Salary Cap Allocation for online viewing or download in pdf-format.
                              koncept wrote: View Post
                              I just noticed an error on the drop box salary page for my team. It has Kevin Seraphin listed as a 2 year contract. He was never assigned to two. Here is a reference to my originaly cap submission if you need it. http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/forum...e=2&do=discuss
                              Fixed it. See new update.

Comment

• jbml wrote: View Post
                                On the tanking /draft issue my thoughts are this:

Is there a tanking problem? As of today the oldest date of a manager activity was Feb 19. That is not bad in my books. Vykis beat me last week. He now has two wins. I think this is a pretty good group to play with.

This is a large league with large rosters.There is relatively little available on the waiver wire. Trades do not come easily. Our teams are set. The chance to improve your team is minimal compared to standard leagues. Drafts orders are from worst to first for a reason.

I would be concerned about an over reaction to tanking being to the detriment of long term interest and retainment. I would love to be kicking the same ass for the next number of years .

Having said that i would not be adverse to what is being suggested here. (season+consolation rd).

Perhaps something as simple as a consolation rd win being added to the regular season losses. Most losses plus consolation wins gets the higher pick
                                There will be a chance for movement while at the same time maintaining the principal that the worst teams have the best chance to improve.

Whatever is decided I will be here on draft night
                                I do not agree with the bold at all. I started 1-8 and if I happen to win this week I'll be at 9-9. There is plenty of possibility to improve you time through the wire; because the league is this big and it's Dynasty, the gaps in talent from the bottom teams to some (or most) of the teams in the play-off spots isn't as big as usual; talent is more spread out and teams at teams won't drop underperforming or injured players as quickly as usual. Btw, tanking isn't just not setting your line-up; that's just Casey.

Comment

Working...
                                X