• RR NBA Dynasty League - S1

Draft date/time: Sun Oct 7 2:00pm EST
    Commissioner: joey_hesketh
    Assistant Commissioner: Soft Euro

RaptorsRepublic.com Group Page
    League Page - Hosted by Yahoo Sports

CBA (Collective Baller Agreement):
    • Standard Yahoo league scoring
    • 15 man roster (PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN)
    • Year 1 draft will be a live auction featuring both veterans and rookies
    • Year 2 draft and there after will be a live standard draft featuring only rookies.
    • Draft order to be determined later.
    • Draft picks can be traded,
    • Salary cap will be based on years and the cap will be 40 years. After the draft is complete you will assign years to your players. The total of all players combined on your roster cannot be greater than 40 at this point in the off-season.
    • After this point free agency begins. Teams may sign players to multi-season contracts if they have the cap space. If they do not have cap space than can sign players to one year deals; such a player cannot be extended in the off-season.
    • Free agency will use a money system. Each team is given equal FA dollars which they can use to place secret bids on FA's who are currently on waivers. When a player is signed the team must immediately post on the league page or the league thread if it is a multi-season signing. If no mention is made within a one week window of the signing then the signing is deemed a one year deal regardless of cap space.
    • Released players' contracts will continue count against a team's cap.
      • Exception: Each team has a one time amnesty clause available for use. This will allow you to cut one player in the off-season without any salary cap implications.

• At the end of the year you are allowed to two sign players on your roster to an extension for as many years as you want provided you remain under cap. This decision must be made prior to the draft.
      • Exception: You will be allowed to additionally re-sign or extend one player on your roster who you drafted as a rookie. [Effective 2013 draft]

Last edited by Joey; Sat Jun 15, 2013, 04:31 PM.

Managers
    • The Coach
    • drizz
    • Vykis
    • Matt52
    • WJF
    • Mack North
    • joey_hesketh
    • SKYWALKERS
    • Kadazzle
    • koncept
    • Tucas
    • Fundamentally Sound
    • LilRomeo
    • Soft Euro
    • jbml
    • Apollo

Comment

This thread looks official!! Nice.

I do have a question though regarding next years draft. Since there are 30 NBA teams, and two rounds of drafts, that equates to 60 draft picks. How many rounds will our draft be? Even at 2 rounds, that's 32 players. We'll be hard pressed to find 32 rookies just making squads, let alone playing time to provide stats to our fantasy teams. I hope I'm not too far off in my understanding here...

My apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere, I didn't notice it in the other thread.

Comment

That is a detail we have yet to finalize, just like how the ordering will work. I am happy with one round if that works. Alternatively we can say two rounds with only the first rounder being guaranteed a contract.

Comment

Maybe a draft of 1st and 2nd year players could work? I guess it's not too pressing as of right now, considering our first draft hasn't even commenced. I still think it's good to set rules early on. So if anyone has any suggestions on how we should do it, let's hear 'em!

Comment

It wouldn't be a true dynasty league if you let second year players in the draft. They already appeared in the draft the year before.

If we roll with two rounds and the first round pick being guaranteed a roster spot(at least one year contract) would mimic the real league.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post

Exception: Each team has a one time amnesty clause available for use. This will allow you to cut one player in the off-season without any salary cap implications.

I think you mean every year instead of 'one time', right?

Comment

Hey Matt!! Look up "Fantasy Basketball Draft '12 for Yahoo/ESPN" in the App store. $2.99 will let you participate in the draft!
                Looking at the App, I almost want to get it .. looks very organized and handy.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                  Hey Matt!! Look up "Fantasy Basketball Draft '12 for Yahoo/ESPN" in the App store. $2.99 will let you participate in the draft!
                  Looking at the App, I almost want to get it .. looks very organized and handy.
                  Joey, if I could KISS you right now I would.

God love you!

Whoooooooo!

Downloaded and works!

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                    I think you mean every year instead of 'one time', right?
                    No, I mean one time.

Matt52 wrote: View Post

God love you!

Whoooooooo!

Downloaded and works!
                    Alright! You're gonna be there now?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

God love you!

Whoooooooo!

Downloaded and works!
                      Excellent! Like I said, I might get it myself.

Especially now that you've confirmed its in working order.

Good to hear you'll be at the draft! Can't leave you any excuses when you lose. Oooooo snap.
                      Last edited by Joey; Fri Oct 5, 2012, 09:24 PM.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                        Excellent! Like I said, I might get it myself.

Especially now that you've confirmed its in working order.

Good to hear you'll be at the draft! Can't leave you any excuses when you lose. Oooooo snap.
                        Snap indeed.

I am retracting that KISS.

haha

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          No, I mean one time.

Alright! You're gonna be there now?
                          Wouldn't miss it.

Comment

Guys , I get this mesage when i try to enter the draft: There was a problem
                            You cannot enter the draft for this team. (Error #439)

Comment

Not sure. Try a different browser

Comment

Working...
                              X