This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jbml wrote: View Post
    I think that for this year rules should be kept as stated. Especially if there was no discusion throughout the season on clarification. was there not a precedent on a subject earlier in the year that maintained the rules as written??

If it is felt that any rules should be changed next year should be fine but it should be discussed this year.
    The rules only say you can resign two players, it was never clarified whether it has to be an expiring contract or any restricted free agent. That's why he asked for clarification, because different people interpreted it differently. If we go by the rules "as written", it leaves it open for interpretation because it's not explicit.

Comment

• Hi guys,

I'm going to be resigning from the hoops leagues... Between leagues at work, leagues with friends and leagues here, I need to cut back.

NFL is my favorite so I'm going to limit it to just football this year. The leagues look like they're in great hands and I'm really glad it was a success this year.

Apollo

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        Hi guys,

I'm going to be resigning from the hoops leagues... Between leagues at work, leagues with friends and leagues here, I need to cut back.

NFL is my favorite so I'm going to limit it to just football this year. The leagues look like they're in great hands and I'm really glad it was a success this year.

Apollo
        Sorry to see you go Apollo. Wouldn't have either league without you.

We'll look for a replacement Owner/GM for your team ASAP.
        Spread the word guys!

Comment

• Thanks Joey and good luck next season!

Comment

Hi guys,

Apollo
            It will be sad to see you go man! You're an original founding member of both the dynasty league and the keeper league! Thanks for laying the foundation for future RR fantasy hoops junkies!

Comment

Hi guys,

Apollo
              As the others said, sorry to see you go. But it's not a surprise after this season. You'll probably have to transfer the commissioner position to Joey as your last act?

Comment

• Joey is the man. Sorry, I thought it went without saying. He's done such an excellent job.

It's up to the league, not me but he would be my choice. He's a really good choice.

Comment

Joey is the man. Sorry, I thought it went without saying. He's done such an excellent job.
                  It goes without saying, was just mentioning it so it wouldn't be forgotten.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                    Sorry to see you go Apollo. Wouldn't have either league without you.

We'll look for a replacement Owner/GM for your team ASAP.
                    Spread the word guys!
                    We might need more than one replacement for Dynasty and at least one for Keeper. I think it would be good for the leagues if we could get some of the young guys in like Raptorreuben and Nopropsneeded.

Comment

• I would recommend sending a group message to all and gauge the interest. If it was me, interest should be the driver, especially for the Dynasty.

If there was lots of interest for the Dynasty it wouldn't hurt having a commish, a co-commish and then a couple guys overseeing rule enforcement. Dynasties of this magnitude are extremely fun but tough for one guy to manage.

It would also help if there was a rule where the people involved in the trade have to submit a case to the league explaining why the trade meets to rules. This would cut down on admin time and also encourage accountability.
                      Last edited by Apollo; Tue Apr 23, 2013, 06:22 PM.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                        As the others said, sorry to see you go. But it's not a surprise after this season. You'll probably have to transfer the commissioner position to Joey as your last act?
                        Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Joey is the man. Sorry, I thought it went without saying. He's done such an excellent job.

It's up to the league, not me but he would be my choice. He's a really good choice.
                        Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                        It goes without saying, was just mentioning it so it wouldn't be forgotten.
                        Actually, if it suits the court, I would like to elect Soft Euro as Commissioner for Dynasty.
                        I will continue to Co-commish Dynasty, and Commish the Keeper League; if again it suits everyone, but Soft Euro has done such an incredible job keeping this league going, that it really wouldn't be what it is without him.

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                        We might need more than one replacement for Dynasty and at least one for Keeper. I think it would be good for the leagues if we could get some of the young guys in like Raptorreuben and Nopropsneeded.
                        Definitely. We will have to have an active campaign to make sure we get the best, and most committed replacement managers coming in. Completely agree that getting one of Reuben or NoProbs would be a nice energy boost to the league.

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        I would recommend sending a group message to all and gauge the interest. If it was me, interest should be the driver, especially for the Dynasty.

If there was lots of interest for the Dynasty it wouldn't hurt having a commish, a co-commish and then a couple guys overseeing rule enforcement. Dynasties of this magnitude are extremely fun but tough for one guy to manage.

It would also help if there was a rule where the people involved in the trade have to submit a case to the league explaining why the trade meets to rules. This would cut down on admin time and also encourage accountability.

I also second having some sort of by-law in place where the Trading Managers submit to the board a FULL break down of all trades. Great idea.

And would absolutely welcome anybody who wants to take on a bigger role within the League to send me a message and we can discuss getting you some commish rights for any possible sticky situations.
                        Last edited by Joey; Tue Apr 23, 2013, 08:35 PM.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                          Actually, if it suits the court, I would like to elect Soft Euro as Commissioner for Dynasty.
                          I will continue to Co-commish Dynasty, and Commish the Keeper League; if again it suits everyone, but Soft Euro has done such an incredible job keeping this league going, that it really wouldn't be what it is without him.
                          I'd rather have you be the main man, or if you don't want responsibility for both leagues, that we bring someone else in. I'm ok with doing most of the leaguemanagement as an assistent, but my personal situation isn't such that I can be sure to have the time all the time. I have some months were I certainly can't keep up with things. Another reason to keep you as the main man is that I think it's good to have a moderator be the official commissionar for continuity's sake and for keeping a good link with the forum. We can still make it that I'll make a rulebook as was the intention and keep the capsheet up to date for now.

Comment

• Sorry for not mentioning you Soft Euro. I know you were a little reluctant to get involved at the beginning of the year. I'd have mentioned you too otherwise.

Comment

Sorry for not mentioning you Soft Euro. I know you were a little reluctant to get involved at the beginning of the year. I'd have mentioned you too otherwise.
                              Still a reluctant assistent, so I'm not hurt...

Comment

• Ha, ha fair enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X