Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I agree that the waiver wire can add some good pieces to a team. But I don't think that it turn a team with a bad initial dynasty draft into a contender.
    in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
      I agree that the waiver wire can add some good pieces to a team. But I don't think that it turn a team with a bad initial dynasty draft into a contender.
      If it's that bad you need at least a 5-year plan ... The funny thing with h2h is that, if you get some nice wire players and catch a little hot streak, a lot can happen. That's the funny (and if you're on the other side, annoying) thing about h2h.

Comment

• skywalker wrote: View Post
        TRADE:

Pau Gasol and his 3 year contract (2 years after this year) + my top draft pick for your 3 year contract player that can help me make a push into the playoffs!! Any takers??
        What about hypothetically Gortat?

If anyone has a better offer for him, better hurry.

Comment

• Maurice Harkless available for a pick.
          in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• I propose a slight rule change to be made in the off-season. Call me out if I'm totally out of line on this, please.

I am of the opinion, that in the current set up, those managers who are at the 40-year-cap actually hold a slight advantage over Managers who are not, by being able to sign and drop players off the waiver wire as they please with no consequence to their cap situation.

I believe those Managers who are NOT at the Cap limit, should have the option of signing the player to a deal for the remainder of the season that does not count against their cap, by waiving their right to restricted free-agency of that player.

And we could streamline the book keeping a bit as well with this, as any player who is declared to be signed in this regard will simpy be left off the books altogether; similar to what the masterful Soft Euros doing now with those players signed to Capped out teams.

And then any player not on a teams books is in the pool at the end of the year.

What do you guys think?

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
              I propose a slight rule change to be made in the off-season. Call me out if I'm totally out of line on this, please.

I am of the opinion, that in the current set up, those managers who are at the 40-year-cap actually hold a slight advantage over Managers who are not, by being able to sign and drop players off the waiver wire as they please with no consequence to their cap situation.

I believe those Managers who are NOT at the Cap limit, should have the option of signing the player to a deal for the remainder of the season that does not count against their cap, by waiving their right to restricted free-agency of that player.

And we could streamline the book keeping a bit as well with this, as any player who is declared to be signed in this regard will simpy be left off the books altogether; similar to what the masterful Soft Euros doing now with those players signed to Capped out teams.

What do you guys think?
              I was thinking the same thing too. Chances are if your at 40+ your not going to find a player on waivers who you'll extend so there isn't much of a penalty. It seems like its penalizing those under the cap and rewarding those over the cap with a shopping spree. I like your idea, I'm all for it.

Comment

• I need a bit more explanation. Is the suggestion that signing players won't count against the cap for all players if you say that you waive your right at re-signing them?

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                  I need a bit more explanation. Is the suggestion that signing players won't count against the cap for all players if you say that you waive your right at re-signing them?
                  Exactly.

What do you think?

Comment

I propose a slight rule change to be made in the off-season. Call me out if I'm totally out of line on this, please.

What do you guys think?
                    I don't like it.

advantage then goes to team under on completing trades and puts no consequence in place for adding and dropping a gazillion times to make up extra games.

I am happy to roll with majority but prefer to keep as same.

Comment

• I'm with Matt.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        advantage then goes to team under on completing trades and puts no consequence in place for adding and dropping a gazillion times to make up extra games.
                        All the more incentive to keep yourself under the cap.

But right now the advantage lies with the Capped out team who can add and drop a gazillion times, and thats not right, in my opinion.
                        Last edited by Joey; Sun Mar 10, 2013, 01:30 AM.

Comment

All the more incentive to keep yourself under the cap.

But right now the advantage lies with the Capped out team who can add and drop a gazillion times, and thats not right, in my opinion.
                          The advantage of the capped team comes at a consequence: all trades must have equal years sent out coming back for the capped out team. So by your proposed rule the team under the cap now has a double advantage in trade and adding/dropping.

If the goal is to make this as close to the "real" thing as possible, then you need to have any player added count towards the cap. In the NBA even 10 day contracts count towards the cap and luxury tax calculations.

Also, as the rules currently stand, you can only extend 2 guys currently on your roster for the following season. Once you have 2 guys you want to keep and extend, this rule also adds another benefit to a team under the cap.

I think this rule takes away from the intended purpose of running a dynasty league. Every action needs to have implications.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            Also, as the rules currently stand, you can only extend 2 guys currently on your roster for the following season. Once you have 2 guys you want to keep and extend, this rule also adds another benefit to a team under the cap
                            I'm probably misunderstanding this, but can't a team that's over the cap now, still extend 2 players currently on the roster for the following season in the off season?

The rule states "At the end of the year you are allowed to two sign players on your roster to an extension for as many years as you want provided you remain under cap. This decision must be made prior to the draft."

I'm reading 'under the cap' in terms of my 2013-14 cap.. is that right? OR is the rule saying you can only extend 2 players if you have 'current' cap space. If it is the latter, only drizz, joey, and appollo are under the cap.

Comment

• skywalker wrote: View Post
                              I'm probably misunderstanding this, but can't a team that's over the cap now, still extend 2 players currently on the roster for the following season in the off season?

The rule states "At the end of the year you are allowed to two sign players on your roster to an extension for as many years as you want provided you remain under cap. This decision must be made prior to the draft."

I'm reading 'under the cap' in terms of my 2013-14 cap.. is that right? OR is the rule saying you can only extend 2 players if you have 'current' cap space. If it is the latter, only drizz, joey, and appollo are under the cap.
                              You are right. After the season all 1 year contracts come off the books and the others get lowered by one.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                                You are right.
                                No one has ever said this to me.. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X