X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Thanks.

As for your proposal, I'm fine with whatever. To make it more 'real' we could say any player who is signed for 4 or more seasons is eligible for an extension after year 3.

Didn't you also have a proposal (or was it concrete) about the option to sign up to 2 of your own free agents each year?
    Yes, but you have to have cap space to do so. You can only go over cap by signing "rentals".

Also note:
    Exception: You will be allowed to additionally re-sign or extend one player on your roster who you drafted as a rookie. [Effective 2013 draft]

Comment

My head hurts. lol

Comment

You'll get it. Right now all you need to decide is what your cap allocation should be. Maybe save a little flexibility and worry about the other stuff later would be my advice. This league is not just about picking good talent, it's about managing it carefully as well.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          Diminishing. Anthony Davis is listed as 6 on my team this year. Next year he's listed as 5, four years later he's up for contract.
          I understand this part. But does the hit against the cap diminish as well? I am of the opinion that if we sign someone for 6 years, that 6 years should count against the 40-year-cap for ALL 6 years. As this is far more realistic.

Comment

No, it doesn't work that way. It will be far too complicated then. The years are a literal representation. The real league has years(x), plus money(y); "x + y". We're only using x. In the real league the cap is established be limiting y. In our league we're limiting x.

If someone wants to use y then they would first need to build a model on a platform that we all know how to use. Otherwise it would be too hard to maintain.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              No, it doesn't work that way. It will be far too complicated then. The years are a literal representation. The real league has years(x), plus money(y); "x + y". We're only using x. In the real league the cap is established be limiting y. In our league we're limiting x.
              Which was actually my train of thought when I raised the issue in the first place.
              And the best way I could think to remedy it, is if x=y; in that the "Total Years" of the initial contract is the "Salary", and therefore, it could be viewed as a salary cap and not a 'year' cap.

This is how I envisioned it anyway.
              Spreadsheet would have 3 columns instead of 2: "Player", "Total Years (Salary)", "Years Left".

Again, this is perhaps slightly more complicated than what is the actual case, but this is just how I had envisioned it working.
              If we have an extra 15 years, every-year to Sign/Extend players, then I am obviously fine with that.

Thanks for clarifying Apollo!

Comment

No problem. This will offer plenty of complexity and is actually a little more complex than some other dynasty leagues I took a look at.

Comment

shopping a center if you have a volume scorer to give up. take your pick.
                  in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

@jbml: maybe Chad Buddinger is the more talented brother of Chase and maybe you wanted to draft someone named something like Darren Collisions, but you did draft Nick Collison. It's also Kris Humphries and not Khris Humpries. Maybe you like all seasons, but it's spelled Sessions. It's also Al-Farouq Aminu, not Al Faroq Amino.

As punishment for this blatant disregard for playername-integrity (and giving me work correcting it for the capsheet) I'll ask the moderators to change your Kevin Durant into Kevin Murphy.

Comment

WOOW ... did jbml just try and steal Darren Collison from Coastal?!? Hahah

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                        WOOW ... did jbml just try and steal Darren Collison from Coastal?!? Hahah
                        I don't think that's a bad idea; I'm thinking of handing out contracts to Chris Paul and Lebron, selling them on the superstar team; they might just take it.

Comment

Don't make me fine you 20 fantasy dollars for tampering!!! No talking with players until thier free agency.

Comment

Haha; I'll gladly pay the fine if they sign their contracts; you can even have my first round picks for the next five years.

Comment

An interesting question on the unrestricted part and trades. If I'm over the cap, sign a free agent to an one year deal and trade him next in a deal for other players I'll assume I'm trading the contract, meaning he remains unrestricted after the season. Same goes for incoming players; they'll come with the contract they have including, when on one year deals, restricted or unrestricted.

Now that part's pretty obvious (I think). But now assume the teammanager I traded him too wants to sign him to a longer deal (is under the cap and has enough FA money left to win a bid), can he drop the player and resign him to a new deal which, because he's under the cap, would either be a longer deal or make him restricted after the season? This is probably (only) limited by the rule that you can't pick up a guy on waivers when you dropped him yourself?

Comment

Btw, Apollo, did you see that we have a match up in the first week in both the keeper and dynasty league? You'd better get a head start and buy a bag of tissues to get you through that week.

Comment

Working...
                                X