Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The amnesty clause question - We can use it once on a player that was from the original draft? or can I use it in the future if I sign a newly drafted player to a long contract I decide to get rid of?
    in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
      The amnesty clause question - We can use it once on a player that was from the original draft? or can I use it in the future if I sign a newly drafted player to a long contract I decide to get rid of?
      You can use it once; per original rule by Apollo. You can use it on any player you'd like, already signed or not.

Comment

• I would like to amnesty Bass off of my list, I have already dropped him off the roster and would like to just free up the extra cap space.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
          I would like to amnesty Bass off of my list, I have already dropped him off the roster and would like to just free up the extra cap space.
          That is allowed of course, but he is only on the books for one more year. Personally, I think that would be a tremendous waste of your one time amnesty option. Right now you have 21 years invested in 9 players and 19 years left for 6 players and some flexibility, that should give enough room to save your amnesty for later years.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
            That is allowed of course, but he is only on the books for one more year. Personally, I think that would be a tremendous waste of your one time amnesty option. Right now you have 21 years invested in 9 players and 19 years left for 6 players and some flexibility, that should give enough room to save your amnesty for later years.
            True enough, I will give it some more thought. Can you only extend as player on your roster once they have 0 years left, can we extends players early?
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
              True enough, I will give it some more thought. Can you only extend as player on your roster once they have 0 years left, can we extends players early?
              You can only extend players once their contract is over; at least, that's how I interpreted the rules.

Comment

• Thanks Soft Euro and Joey.

Lots of work here to keep on top of it all. I appreciate it. My wife certainly doesn't but whatever.

Two questions:

1) Free agency: are we doing it like the big leagues? i.e. July 1st courting/bidding begins and a week later free agents awarded?

2) signing players to extensions: the two players who you can extend who you picked up on waivers provided you were under the salary cap when the pick up occurred; that is to happen before the draft, do we have a date? I imagine there will be some free agents added to the available pool once this happens. For example, there is no doubt I will be extending Sanders and not sure who else at this time: Jack? Dudley? Blatche?

THanks again guys.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Thanks Soft Euro and Joey.

Lots of work here to keep on top of it all. I appreciate it. My wife certainly doesn't but whatever.

Two questions:

1) Free agency: are we doing it like the big leagues? i.e. July 1st courting/bidding begins and a week later free agents awarded?

2) signing players to extensions: the two players who you can extend who you picked up on waivers provided you were under the salary cap when the pick up occurred; that is to happen before the draft, do we have a date? I imagine there will be some free agents added to the available pool once this happens. For example, there is no doubt I will be extending Sanders and not sure who else at this time: Jack? Dudley? Blatche?

THanks again guys.
                  I'm starting to get the idea you might need some marriage counseling...

1) For me, there are a few things unknown. I think that Yahoo closes the leagues and opens them only when all the fantasy basketball leagues for the 2013-2014 season are opened. That will be some time after July 1st. This is only my second year with Yahoo leagues, so I'm not quite sure here, but I think that's the case. We won't be able to set any concrete timetables untill we know these dates.

2) It's not just players picked up from waivers, but all players with an expired contract signed under (or at) the cap.

My suggestion would be (just the order, no dates of course)

(- to be established period of possible mail-trades facilitated by SE)
                  - re-signing players > players not signed added to the free agent pool
                  - draft (non-live draft of one round containing only the rookies)
                  - free agent bidding
                  - cap submission

Comment

Here's the new capsheet for the 2013-2014 season with the adjusted contract length. Players that have 0 contract years but are still on the roster are restricted free agents. Every team can resign up to two of their own restricted free agents; the others will become unrestricted free agents.
                    Added the traded draft picks to the overview page (because we'll likely have to import these at the start of the new season).

Comment

• Quick question. I'm looking at the cap sheet, and a lot of people have three or more players who are signed for 4 years. Assuming we can't sign players to extensions, and you can only resign two restricted free-agents, won't that mean that 4 years from now, there will be a lot of elite players hitting free-agency? For example, if I'm interpreting it right, I would only be allowed to sign two of LaMarcus Aldridge, Danilo Galinari, and Rajon Rondo. Apollo would only be allowed to sign two of Dion Waiters, Anthony Davis, and Marc Gasol. Drizz would only be allowed to keep two of Brandon Jennings, Paul Millsap, DeMarcus Cousins, and Al Horford. The same thing would happen to SKYWALKERS and The Coach in year three, rather than year four. Shouldn't you be allowed to retain your best players, rather than being forced to let one, or in some cases two, of them go?

Comment

• Kadazzle wrote: View Post
                        Quick question. I'm looking at the cap sheet, and a lot of people have three or more players who are signed for 4 years. Assuming we can't sign players to extensions, and you can only resign two restricted free-agents, won't that mean that 4 years from now, there will be a lot of elite players hitting free-agency? For example, if I'm interpreting it right, I would only be allowed to sign two of LaMarcus Aldridge, Danilo Galinari, and Rajon Rondo. Apollo would only be allowed to sign two of Dion Waiters, Anthony Davis, and Marc Gasol. Drizz would only be allowed to keep two of Brandon Jennings, Paul Millsap, DeMarcus Cousins, and Al Horford. The same thing would happen to SKYWALKERS and The Coach in year three, rather than year four. Shouldn't you be allowed to retain your best players, rather than being forced to let one, or in some cases two, of them go?
                        A dynasty league should be a strategy game. The limits to the cap and the restrictions to resignings are meant to force managers to make choices. Apollo decided on these particular rules and there has been quite some discussion about it in the thread(s) before the season started. I, in particular, have held some discussions about the number of contract years allowed (before I joined as assistant commisioner to support Joey and Apollo).

These particular rules cannot be changed because they are too much at the heart of the league (in my opinion). People have based their initial strategy on those rules.

Four, or five at the start of this finished season, is a very long time. If those players all are still very productive, those managers will probably try to trade those players for players with different contracts (at least that's what they should do). There are lots of years left to try to get a good deal. In this aspect it is no different than when teams in the nba can, for one reason or another, not re-sign a player > see Harden, Williams, Howard or ... Bosh.

If you want to make sure you can keep your good players you have plan ahead, the cap is just low enough that you have to make some choices here and/or have to be active in trades and high enough to be able to keep a lot of your core for a very long time.

Comment

• Kadazzle wrote: View Post
                          Quick question. I'm looking at the cap sheet, and a lot of people have three or more players who are signed for 4 years. Assuming we can't sign players to extensions, and you can only resign two restricted free-agents, won't that mean that 4 years from now, there will be a lot of elite players hitting free-agency? For example, if I'm interpreting it right, I would only be allowed to sign two of LaMarcus Aldridge, Danilo Galinari, and Rajon Rondo. Apollo would only be allowed to sign two of Dion Waiters, Anthony Davis, and Marc Gasol. Drizz would only be allowed to keep two of Brandon Jennings, Paul Millsap, DeMarcus Cousins, and Al Horford. The same thing would happen to SKYWALKERS and The Coach in year three, rather than year four. Shouldn't you be allowed to retain your best players, rather than being forced to let one, or in some cases two, of them go?
                          I know for me, this played a MAJOR role in how I gave out my contracts. So when I was dishing out my contract years, I made it so I tried to have only 2 players expiring in the same year (ie. I've only got Chris Paul and Rudy Gay expiring in 5 years; only Chris Bosh and Pekovic expiring in 4 years; Beasley, OJ Mayo and Brandon Knight expiring in 3 years, etc.) I've spaced out my main players so as to ensure Security down the road.

This rule has been known since Day-1. If people didn't take it into consideration as a strategy point, that is their own fault. You can always trade these players before they expire (as in real life) if you don't want to lose them for nothing.
                          Last edited by Joey; Fri Apr 12, 2013, 02:51 PM.

Comment

• Bargnani will be amnestied

Comment

You can only extend players once their contract is over; at least, that's how I interpreted the rules.
                              At the end of the year you are allowed to two sign players on your roster to an extension for as many years as you want provided you remain under cap. This decision must be made prior to the draft.

The above is from Appolo's original rules

I see no mention of "contract is over"

Comment

• IMO I think players who's contracts are over AND those with 1 year left should be allowed to be extended.

Comment

Working...
                                X