Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was more just asking for clarification. Is it possible we could use one of our two RFA signings one year as an extension for a player already under contract? Or must they only be used on RFAs? (Again, I know the answer as per the rules. I'm just throwing ideas out there, as at the beginning of the league everyone said they wanted it to be as close to real life as possible, and in real life teams don't lose their best players when they have the cap space to retain them).

Comment

• Do we have any ideas on how we want to do the draft order?
      in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
        Do we have any ideas on how we want to do the draft order?
        Keeping the draft order as similar to the NBA would be good. One possible way would be to use the Lottery Machine on ESPN. All non-playoff teams are eligible for the lottery - worst team in our league = worst team in NBA and so on. Then one of the GMs plays the lottery machine and we get the draft order. Playoff teams pick from 9 on in reverse order of their regular season finish.

Regarding re-signing 2 players per year I'm divided in my opinion. I allocated my contract years based on having 2 players to re-sign at the end of each of the next couple seasons. That said, if the rules did not specifically say that contract extensions could only be granted to players on expiring contracts (as jbml has pointed out), then it seems fair to allow teams to extend ANY two players, regardless of whether their contract is expiring.

Comment

• that seems like a fair way to make a draft order.
          in masai we trust

Comment

• coastal wrote: View Post
            Keeping the draft order as similar to the NBA would be good. One possible way would be to use the Lottery Machine on ESPN. All non-playoff teams are eligible for the lottery - worst team in our league = worst team in NBA and so on. Then one of the GMs plays the lottery machine and we get the draft order. Playoff teams pick from 9 on in reverse order of their regular season finish.
            koncept wrote: View Post
            that seems like a fair way to make a draft order.

I'm not against this method, however, if we did go this route, I would like to see the simulation run several times and take the average of the positions.

Kadazzle wrote: View Post
            Is it possible we could use one of our two RFA signings one year as an extension for a player already under contract? Or must they only be used on RFAs?
            coastal wrote:
            Regarding re-signing 2 players per year I'm divided in my opinion. I allocated my contract years based on having 2 players to re-sign at the end of each of the next couple seasons. That said, if the rules did not specifically say that contract extensions could only be granted to players on expiring contracts (as jbml has pointed out), then it seems fair to allow teams to extend ANY two players, regardless of whether their contract is expiring.
            I'm not against this either. This won't really hurt peoples draft/signing strategy as I can't imagine people won't be able to find two people with expiring contracts worth extending, before reaching to next years expiring crop. I can't see this being utilized all that much even, at least not for the next few years until we get into the Big Name guys who will be expiriing.
            Last edited by Joey; Mon Apr 15, 2013, 09:55 AM.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
              I'm not against this method, however, if we did go this route, I would like to see the simulation run several times and take the average of the positions.
              Sure, but then you might as well just go from worst to first. The more trials you do, the closer you will get to what you would expect. The advantage of just running it once is to keep the random element that the lottery provides (and take some of the allure away from tanking).

Comment

Sure, but then you might as well just go from worst to first. The more trials you do, the closer you will get to what you would expect. The advantage of just running it once is to keep the random element that the lottery provides (and take some of the allure away from tanking).
                Hmmm Suppose this is true ... good point.

Comment

• How many rounds are we drafting? 2?

Comment

• skywalker wrote: View Post
                    How many rounds are we drafting? 2?
                    Just one. It's only rookies.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                      So it was completely unnecessary for me to trade my 2nd round pick? Steal!

Comment

I would be in favour of this

Comment

I think that for this year rules should be kept as stated. Especially if there was no discusion throughout the season on clarification. was there not a precedent on a subject earlier in the year that maintained the rules as written??

If it is felt that any rules should be changed next year should be fine but it should be discussed this year.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                            I thought we would be going deeper than that, 60 players get drafted every year....I guess the unsigned free agents are just that, free agents. When can we start bidding on them?
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                              I thought we would be going deeper than that, 60 players get drafted every year....I guess the unsigned free agents are just that, free agents. When can we start bidding on them?
                              There's really no sense in going more than one though... How many rookies play any meaningful minutes to garner any decent fantasy stats? Plenty of those that get drafted don't even end up making rosters anyways.

I believe someone brought up earlier that we do our courting of FA's when the real NBA does. Then we have a week to put in our bids. I'm up for that, because that's right in the heart of summer when plenty of people are on vacation...

Kobe's up for grabs! Anyone? Anyone?? That put a damper on my season two plans dammit...

Comment

• Yeah I don't think we need to go deeper than 16. I'm sure you'll have opportunity to get the rookies you want outside the top 16 in FA.
                                in masai we trust

Comment

Working...
                                X