This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Might have been discussed, not sure, but I don't see anything wrong with it.
    Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I see no issue with that.
    It is not about dropping the player, it is dropping the years of his contract.
    Agreed. Okay, so let this be the official Announcement (no one else has chimed in as to whether or not they object, so I have to assume everyone else is on board):
    You CAN drop a guy now, while waiting until the off-season to amnesty his Contract from your books.

WJF wrote: View Post
    I would like to amnesty Jeff Green, how do I make that happen?
    Just drop him, and in the off-season, let it be known he is to be amnestied off your books.

Comment

• Is it the top 8 teams that make the playoffs or the top 4 in each conference?

Comment

• I'm still interested in getting younger and trading Lin, Garnett, Wilson Chandler, Vince Carter, Tayshaun Prince, and Chauncey Billups. Willing to take on cap and/or injured players (assuming they're young). Looking for SF and C's specifically. Might be willing to trade Eric Gordon if I can get a really good player in return (package deal).

Comment

Updated the Salary Cap Allocation for online viewing or download in pdf-format.
          Updated again on last monday. As already announced with the last update; rosters of the managers who were getting close to 50 (and thus realistically will not again get under the cap this year) will not be updated except when they drop a player under contract. This saves me quite some time. This concerns: Skywalkers, koncept, coastal and me. We're now at 1000...

Added a column in the overview to keep track of amnesties.

Comment

• I did not realize that Brandon Rush was under contract for 2 years. Can I take him back?
            in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
              I did not realize that Brandon Rush was under contract for 2 years. Can I take him back?
              I had the same with Isaiah Thomas; I dropped him and after that realized I had him under a two years contract. It's my own fault as I gave him a two year contract. Same goes for you in this case. Once you drop a player you release him of his contract; picking him up again means a new contract. Luckily enough it's not more years, that would have been real shitty.
              Last edited by Soft Euro; Thu Jan 24, 2013, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Updated again on last monday. As already announced with the last update; rosters of the managers who were getting close to 50 (and thus realistically will not again get under the cap this year) will not be updated except when they drop a player under contract. This saves me quite some time. This concerns: Skywalkers, koncept, coastal and me. We're now at 1000...

Added a column in the overview to keep track of amnesties.
                You're the man! Thanks again for doing this Euro.

koncept wrote: View Post
                I did not realize that Brandon Rush was under contract for 2 years. Can I take him back?
                As Soft Euro already points out, a few of us have been placed in this same shitty situation (I've got John Henson on the books for 2 years), but unfortunately, its a hit you must take. If you want him back, give him a new contract.

Comment

• ....I can't believe it. Rondo has torn ACL out for the season. I'm in win now mode. If anyone who's not wants him Im willing to give him up for another point guard

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                    ....I can't believe it. Rondo has torn ACL out for the season. I'm in win now mode. If anyone who's not wants him Im willing to give him up for another point guard
                    Depends how quick you want to make a deal. I'm trying to get back in the play-off race, but in three or four weeks I might have to change my mind. In that case I'd be willing to talk about a deal involving either Chalmers, Lawson or Westbrook; depending on what pieces I can get back.

Comment

Depends how quick you want to make a deal. I'm trying to get back in the play-off race, but in three or four weeks I might have to change my mind. In that case I'd be willing to talk about a deal involving either Chalmers, Lawson or Westbrook; depending on what pieces I can get back.
                      At this point it looks like I'm making the playoffs so it doesn't look like I need immediate help. But I also don't want to slide too far and have to face the best teams early.

Comment

• I have Mike Conley and Jeremy Lin, and I'm not looking to win this season, so I'd be interested in trying to make a Rondo deal work.

Edit: Also, was it decided what happens if you finish the season/off-season over the cap?
                        Last edited by Kadazzle; Sun Jan 27, 2013, 05:19 PM.

Comment

• Kadazzle wrote: View Post
                          I have Mike Conley and Jeremy Lin, and I'm not looking to win this season, so I'd be interested in trying to make a Rondo deal work.

Edit: Also, was it decided what happens if you finish the season/off-season over the cap?
                          Finishing over the cap will happen to a lot of teams. It's no problem as all the one years contracts will come of the books which will get all the teams under the cap again.

Comment

• Kadazzle wrote: View Post
                            I have Mike Conley and Jeremy Lin, and I'm not looking to win this season, so I'd be interested in trying to make a Rondo deal work.

Btw: I hoped you'd continue trade talks with me...

Comment

Finishing over the cap will happen to a lot of teams. It's no problem as all the one years contracts will come of the books which will get all the teams under the cap again.
                              I remember there was some conflict over this but I don't remember the end result. Next year will all the 5 year players become 4, 4 become 3, etc. or are the 5 year players 5 years of cap space for the length of their contract?

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                                I remember there was some conflict over this but I don't remember the end result. Next year will all the 5 year players become 4, 4 become 3, etc. or are the 5 year players 5 years of cap space for the length of their contract?
                                There was never any real argument over this. After the year just take a year of the contract. Only the years left on the contract will count against the cap.

E.g.: I have Westbrook 5 years, after this year 4 years will be left and that's the number that will count against my cap.

Comment

Working...
                                X