Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: RR NBA Dynasty League - S1

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    '@Coastal:

You can only amnesty a player during the off-season, not during the season; "Each team has a one time amnesty clause available for use. This will allow you to cut one player in the off-season without any salary cap implications." link

About Meyers Leonard, you can simply drop another player and pick him up again.
    Okay, my mistake. Dropping another player will add a cap year, I suppose. I'll have to take a look at my cap situation and make decisions from there.

On another matter, Kirk Hinrich - I picked him up again after waiving him earlier in the year. This would be a first, how will the league address this situation from a cap perspective (now and going forward)?

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote coastal wrote: View Post
    Okay, my mistake. Dropping another player will add a cap year, I suppose. I'll have to take a look at my cap situation and make decisions from there.

On another matter, Kirk Hinrich - I picked him up again after waiving him earlier in the year. This would be a first, how will the league address this situation from a cap perspective (now and going forward)?
    This is what I wrote as a response earlier about this:

We have a pro-workers league, so if you sign someone it's for a guaranteed contract. Even if you drop someone and re-sign him later, he gets two contracts.
    About Meyers Leonard; he is on waivers now. If you want to drop someone else and pick him up right now, send me a mail and I'll do that for you. I can't fix him that he's now on waivers (which he shouldn't be).

Add Managed to change it partially, he's now off waivers on monday.
    Last edited by Soft Euro; Sun Dec 2nd, 2012 at 04:47 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I still don't see what was wrong with assigning hills one year back to me. It seemed like a consensus decision, that there were ways to fix this trade that would still be fair. All this did was cause more problems. There were picks involved in my WJF trade and now I'm out that as well. It would've been a much easier solution and wouldn't really negatively effect anyone except me which I was fine with to keep the trade in place.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    I still don't see what was wrong with assigning hills one year back to me. It seemed like a consensus decision, that there were ways to fix this trade that would still be fair. All this did was cause more problems. There were picks involved in my WJF trade and now I'm out that as well. It would've been a much easier solution and wouldn't really negatively effect anyone except me which I was fine with to keep the trade in place.
    I'll look into the picks in the next few days.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

lol, I agree with you. No one has objected except Soft Euro. What can you do?

Post Thanks / Like

I've resent a trade that works under the cap let me know if your still interested.

Post Thanks / Like

Its not just Soft Euro. As commissioners we all agreed this is a best move.

While I was of the opinion a fix move would suffice, there ultimately wasn't a fix that would work without breaking another rule of some kind. Whats done is done. Tucas has already offered a new deal. Time to move on from this.
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Fair enough, moving on.

Tucas and I have changed the trade so that the cap values are equal going each way. I have picked up players since our original trade, which I believe affects my cap situation. Is there are restriction on making an equal trade if one is over the cap? If so, I think in this situation it should not apply as we simply could have made this alteration earlier, when it would have worked under the cap.

cheers.

Post Thanks / Like

Fair enough, moving on.

Tucas and I have changed the trade so that the cap values are equal going each way. I have picked up players since our original trade, which I believe affects my cap situation. Is there are restriction on making an equal trade if one is over the cap? If so, I think in this situation it should not apply as we simply could have made this alteration earlier, when it would have worked under the cap.

cheers.
    If you are at 40 Years, and Tucas is not, then as long as you are not taking back more years than you are giving, then the deal is fine. I will be reviewing it tonight.

ADD: Deal is 6 years for 6 years; works no problem.
    Last edited by Joey; Mon Dec 3rd, 2012 at 06:12 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll look into the picks in the next few days.
    Don't worry about it. Me and WJF worked out the deal again, so he'll keep my pick and ill get Felton back.

Post Thanks / Like

So glad I took a gamble with Randolph in the draft. From what I remember I got him cheap too. 38 points 22 rebounds with 3 blocks on 68% from the field and 100% from the line tonight. Unreal.

Post Thanks / Like

My team has been an utter failure. Four of the players who I'd hoped would carve out a nice role for themselves this season, mainly Ayon, Beaubois, Isaiah Thomas, Gerald Green and Tobias Harris have quickly carved out their asses on their benches. All five are completely useless. Having Nowitzki (whose injury I read about on twitter about an hour after the draft - sigh) doesn't help either.

Might take me years to recover. If anyone is interested in Nowitzki ... young guy(s) and a pick is what I'm looking for.

Post Thanks / Like

Updated the Salary Cap Allocation for online viewing or download in pdf-format.

Post Thanks / Like

Updated the Salary Cap Allocation for online viewing or download in pdf-format.
    You're the Man! Thanks for doing that Euro.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not happy with my team drafted either. I was busy at the time and could only do it with half attention on my phone. I accidently drafted Bynum without knowing he was on my roster until my 4th person drafted. His injury is crippling my team.

Excuses aside, I'm looking to blow up the team to compete in the future. I'm also looking for young prospects + picks. Feel free to send some trade offers.

Post Thanks / Like

I actually strongly recommended reversing it. It was my mistake(that the trade went through) and I'm sorry about it guys. This thing is brand new, it's time consuming and we're doing our best to set a process. Actually my hat is off to Soft Euro and Joey because without them we would be in trouble given my lack of availability.
    Last edited by Apollo; Fri Dec 7th, 2012 at 02:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Let's not forget they're both doing all this for free. We should thank both of them regularly in my opinion.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Let's not forget they're both doing all this for free. We should thank both of them regularly in my opinion.
    Agreed. Thanks guys.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking to trade Felton and a first rounder for an upgrade at pg with good fg%. I've already sent some people some trades, but figured I'd post it here to see if anyone is interested.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking to trade Felton and a first rounder for an upgrade at pg with good fg%. I've already sent some people some trades, but figured I'd post it here to see if anyone is interested.
    Lol At this point, I'm pretty sure Tucas has been involved in every single trade that has taken place in the league.

I was actually having a look at your roster .. might make an offer. Will have to evaluate my own roster.
    And now that I've lost 2 weeks in a row, perhaps I should consider #tradePekovic.

Page 14 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information