Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread: RR NBA Dynasty League - S1

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote koncept wrote: View Post
    I did not realize that Brandon Rush was under contract for 2 years. Can I take him back?
    I had the same with Isaiah Thomas; I dropped him and after that realized I had him under a two years contract. It's my own fault as I gave him a two year contract. Same goes for you in this case. Once you drop a player you release him of his contract; picking him up again means a new contract. Luckily enough it's not more years, that would have been real shitty.
    Last edited by Soft Euro; Thu Jan 24th, 2013 at 12:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Updated again on last monday. As already announced with the last update; rosters of the managers who were getting close to 50 (and thus realistically will not again get under the cap this year) will not be updated except when they drop a player under contract. This saves me quite some time. This concerns: Skywalkers, koncept, coastal and me. We're now at 1000...

Added a column in the overview to keep track of amnesties.
    You're the man! Thanks again for doing this Euro.

Quote koncept wrote: View Post
    I did not realize that Brandon Rush was under contract for 2 years. Can I take him back?
    As Soft Euro already points out, a few of us have been placed in this same shitty situation (I've got John Henson on the books for 2 years), but unfortunately, its a hit you must take. If you want him back, give him a new contract.
    "That was Nasty right? Cocked that Joint back and banged on 'em." -James Johnson

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

....I can't believe it. Rondo has torn ACL out for the season. I'm in win now mode. If anyone who's not wants him Im willing to give him up for another point guard

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    ....I can't believe it. Rondo has torn ACL out for the season. I'm in win now mode. If anyone who's not wants him Im willing to give him up for another point guard
    Depends how quick you want to make a deal. I'm trying to get back in the play-off race, but in three or four weeks I might have to change my mind. In that case I'd be willing to talk about a deal involving either Chalmers, Lawson or Westbrook; depending on what pieces I can get back.

Post Thanks / Like

Depends how quick you want to make a deal. I'm trying to get back in the play-off race, but in three or four weeks I might have to change my mind. In that case I'd be willing to talk about a deal involving either Chalmers, Lawson or Westbrook; depending on what pieces I can get back.
    At this point it looks like I'm making the playoffs so it doesn't look like I need immediate help. But I also don't want to slide too far and have to face the best teams early.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I have Mike Conley and Jeremy Lin, and I'm not looking to win this season, so I'd be interested in trying to make a Rondo deal work.

Edit: Also, was it decided what happens if you finish the season/off-season over the cap?
    Last edited by Kadazzle; Sun Jan 27th, 2013 at 04:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Kadazzle wrote: View Post
    I have Mike Conley and Jeremy Lin, and I'm not looking to win this season, so I'd be interested in trying to make a Rondo deal work.

Edit: Also, was it decided what happens if you finish the season/off-season over the cap?
    Finishing over the cap will happen to a lot of teams. It's no problem as all the one years contracts will come of the books which will get all the teams under the cap again.

Post Thanks / Like

Btw: I hoped you'd continue trade talks with me...

Post Thanks / Like

Finishing over the cap will happen to a lot of teams. It's no problem as all the one years contracts will come of the books which will get all the teams under the cap again.
    I remember there was some conflict over this but I don't remember the end result. Next year will all the 5 year players become 4, 4 become 3, etc. or are the 5 year players 5 years of cap space for the length of their contract?

Post Thanks / Like

I remember there was some conflict over this but I don't remember the end result. Next year will all the 5 year players become 4, 4 become 3, etc. or are the 5 year players 5 years of cap space for the length of their contract?
    There was never any real argument over this. After the year just take a year of the contract. Only the years left on the contract will count against the cap.

E.g.: I have Westbrook 5 years, after this year 4 years will be left and that's the number that will count against my cap.

Post Thanks / Like

The trade you sent me doesn't work under the cap. I couldn't really find away of adjusting without screwing you over. If your still interested send me a similar one and I should accept it.

There was never any real argument over this. After the year just take a year of the contract. Only the years left on the contract will count against the cap.

E.g.: I have Westbrook 5 years, after this year 4 years will be left and that's the number that will count against my cap.
    Alright thanks

Post Thanks / Like

The trade you sent me doesn't work under the cap. I couldn't really find away of adjusting without screwing you over. If your still interested send me a similar one and I should accept it.
    Correction I think I found a fair trade let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

Just like the big leagues you are stuck with minimum contracts!
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Btw: I hoped you'd continue trade talks with me...
    I'm still interested in trade talks with you. I'm not in a rush to make any moves, as I'm not in a great position to win this year, but I'm still looking to get a SF of the future, trade one of my PGs, and also trade some of my older players (Vince, Chauncey, KG, Tayshaun).

Post Thanks / Like

Default League 'issues'

Hi guys,

Promted by the recent trade by Tucas and Kadazzle I wanted to bring up the rulebook and also start a discussion on some other issues.

1. League rules / the 'nascent' rulebook
    In november I posted that I was working on a rulebook to cover some (perceived) holes and unadressed issues in the rules. I did sent a draft to Joey and Apollo but as of yet they probably haven't had the time / taken the time to give me some detailed feedback. Hence the fact that there hasn't been any followup on this. My suggestion now would be that I'll post this in the off-season so everyone can give feedback (which is in line with what Joey suggested to me in a mail earlier). As not to create some confussion with this year's rules it's probably better not to do this now (as I'm suggesting some further restrictions to trades in relation to the cap which e.g. would make this recent trade 'illegal'). This years rules have been published by Apollo on the league group page. Some things might not be covered by this, but so far, there haven't been many problems with this and we can discuss it here together if any problem arises.

2. Inactivity by LilRomeo
    LilRomeo hasn't set his line-up since some point in december. Skywalker mentioned that he knows someone who would love to take over the team. I'm up for that if you guys agree as well; I expect any manager who brought forward by Skywalker will probably be an active manager and there haven't been active forum members showing interest in the league as far as I know.

3. The draft / lottery
    Prior to and at the beginning of the season there has been some discussion about how we would go about deciding the draft order. This hasn't been resolved yet, but I think we should start discussing this and come to a decision.

Apollo suggested that, to help prevent blatant tanking the consolation rounds should play a factor in deciding the draft order. I'm all for that and there are different ways to go about this, e.g. start a lottery system or maybe a point system, where you get a number of points based on your regular season finish (high finish = more points) and a number of points based on the play-offs/consolation rounds where finishing high in the consolation rounds means getting less points. Team with the lowest point total gets the highest draft position and so on. I could work this out in an example if we are interested in this, but I'd also welcome any other ideas.

Post Thanks / Like

Well then .. lets hope Rudy Gay sees an explosion in numbers now thats he's a Rap. My team could use the boost.
    "That was Nasty right? Cocked that Joint back and banged on 'em." -James Johnson

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I messaged Apollo last week about having one of my friends take over for Lil Romeo, I knew that guy would flop.

Whatever you guys decide is fine, just keep in mind that he would love to get in on it and is an avid reader of this site
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, we read that. Skywalker also proposed someone in the league smack box. My idea would be to ask Skywalker's guy as I think he was earlier and put your guy at the top of the waiting list.

Whoever it is, they'll be getting a solid team. LilRomeo is in the play-off hunt with only 14 players and without setting his line-up. I might like to change teams with him as well...

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, we read that. Skywalker also proposed someone in the league smack box. My idea would be to ask Skywalker's guy as I think he was earlier and put your guy at the top of the waiting list.

Whoever it is, they'll be getting a solid team. LilRomeo is in the play-off hunt with only 14 players and without setting his line-up. I might like to change teams with him as well...
    Not sure how I missed this, but how is it that LilRomeo is at the 40 year cap, but only has 14 guys ... Thats not right at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Not sure how I missed this, but how is it that LilRomeo is at the 40 year cap, but only has 14 guys ... Thats not right at all.
    To start the season he didn't sign all 15 players. Instead he signed 14 to reach the cap at 40.

Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information