Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: RR NBA Dynasty League - S1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    To start the season he didn't sign all 15 players. Instead he signed 14 to reach the cap at 40.
    Ok perhaps I should have phrased that better .. obviously I know HOW it happened. Lol But why was it allowed?!
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Ok perhaps I should have phrased that better .. obviously I know HOW it happened. Lol But why was it allowed?!
    See way back in the thread. It was one of those things not covered by the rules. I think fixed this in the concept rulebook you got by mail (didn't check as I'm on the road).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    See way back in the thread. It was one of those things not covered by the rules. I think fixed this in the concept rulebook you got by mail (didn't check as I'm on the road).
    This is on the first page. Second point down from the top:

CBA (Collective Baller Agreement):

Standard Yahoo league scoring
    15 man roster (PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN)
    Year 1 draft will be a live auction featuring both veterans and rookies
    Year 2 draft and there after will be a live standard draft featuring only rookies.
    It was definitely covered by the rules.

Obviously now its too late, but this was a massive oversite on our (commissioners) Part.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

Post Thanks / Like

This is on the first page. Second point down from the top:

It was definitely covered by the rules.

Obviously now its too late, but this was a massive oversite on our (commissioners) Part.
    I don't think that quote covers it, it's just the league stettings.

Also, it wasn't an oversight, it has been discussed and you were actually the commish who ok'ed here in the league thread. Below I've quoted the discussion in the order it has taken place before the start of the season.

@LilRomeo: you forgot giving Carlos Delfino a contract; for now I have him at 1 year (I'm preparing the spreadsheet), briging your total for 14 players up to 40; I, think, but am not sure this is within the rules for your initial roster, Apollo or Joey might be able to comment on that.
    As I understand it, you need space to sign someone to fill that 15th spot.
    Romeo will need to adjust his numbers accordingly.
    @LilRomeo: according to the above post by Commish Joey you still need to make an adjustment today or tomorrow.
    I was since corrected by Apollo. Haha
    Apparently Romeo can sign guys to the exception 1-year deals; and simply not be able to re-sign them if they happen to blow up.

Post Thanks / Like

Crazy, I don't remember that at all. Haha Alright, thanks for Digging that up.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

When are you guys gonna be ready to drop Romeo? My buddy is ready to go... we shouldn't leave it too long.

I saw where Skywalker pointed out the fact he wasn't setting his lineups, but didn't see him mention he has someone willing to take over. It's all good if you take his guy, but time-is-a-tickin' to get someone in there.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    When are you guys gonna be ready to drop Romeo? My buddy is ready to go... we shouldn't leave it too long.

I saw where Skywalker pointed out the fact he wasn't setting his lineups, but didn't see him mention he has someone willing to take over. It's all good if you take his guy, but time-is-a-tickin' to get someone in there.
    Don't know if time's really ticking ... I was kinda waiting for Skywalker to drop in. If you didn't see Skywalkers comment, just take a look in the smack box of his match up.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know if time's really ticking ... I was kinda waiting for Skywalker to drop in. If you didn't see Skywalkers comment, just take a look in the smack box of his match up.
    Yea, i just saw where he said "Set your lineups" and then he said how he hadn't set his lineup in a month. Then i chimed in saying I had a guy willing to takeover.... it's no big deal man. It's up to you guys. I just don't like when people drop out so early and never set lineups. It's not fair to other people that may need a W or L for one of the teams involved.

That being said, I'm pretty sure I lost my matchup vs him a few weeks back to kill my win streak. Go figure I'm the one bitching hehehe
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Raptors Republic Rookie Keeping it Real's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What up guys, ya I'm down to join the fantasy season if you need another person..

Rudy and DeMar the next Jordan and Pippen !!!!

Lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    Yea, i just saw where he said "Set your lineups" and then he said how he hadn't set his lineup in a month. Then i chimed in saying I had a guy willing to takeover.... it's no big deal man. It's up to you guys. I just don't like when people drop out so early and never set lineups. It's not fair to other people that may need a W or L for one of the teams involved.

That being said, I'm pretty sure I lost my matchup vs him a few weeks back to kill my win streak. Go figure I'm the one bitching hehehe
    Ah, that was you, Haha. Damn I must have been high as I thought that was Skywalker as well...Your guy is Keeping it real? PM me a e-mailadress and I'll get on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, that was you, Haha. Damn I must have been high as I thought that was Skywalker as well...Your guy is Keeping it real? PM me a e-mailadress and I'll get on it.
    Done and done.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for bringing him aboard Softy!
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a problem. Would one of the commissioners be able to set my lineups for the time being. I would appear to have been hacked or something. My yahoo won't let me log in and it also won't send my password to my other email(I imagine my backup email was changed as well) I'm going to call yahoo support but I'm not sure how long it could take to get my account back and I don't want to fall behind.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a problem. Would one of the commissioners be able to set my lineups for the time being. I would appear to have been hacked or something. My yahoo won't let me log in and it also won't send my password to my other email(I imagine my backup email was changed as well) I'm going to call yahoo support but I'm not sure how long it could take to get my account back and I don't want to fall behind.
    They said they'd do an investigation and contact me in 48 hours. So it could likely be the remainder of the week that I'm unable to set my lineups.

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, from what I can see, I can only edit for the following days roster. Not today.
    If Soft Euro or Apollo can find something I am missing, then please do guys, but I don't think we can help you for today.

However, I've set your lineup for tomorrow, just in case.

Post Thanks / Like

Alright thanks a lot.

Post Thanks / Like

I decided just to make a new account. Can we transfer my team to my new account?

Post Thanks / Like

PM sent

Post Thanks / Like

Is it the top 8 teams that make the playoffs or the top 4 in each conference?
    Hey Tucas, sorry don't know how I missed this.

It is in fact just the Top 8 overall teams. Not Top 4 from each Conference.
    Yahoo doesn't have an option to set it up more closely to real life ie, Top teams from each conference.

However, the one thing that having the Conferences does do, is that regardless of Record, if you are in First in your Conference, you are given either #1 or #2 spot automatically, depending on who has the better record.

Post Thanks / Like

Just realized that Matt clinched a Playoff Spot! Congrats man!
    Not sure how drizz hasn't clinched, considering he's got the same record ... weird.

Regardless, done in a VERY tough Conference no less; I mean .. we do have the Top 4 teams in the League .. haha

Thread Information