This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    Salary cap will be based on years and the cap will be 40 years. After the draft is complete you will assign years to your players. The total of all players combined on your roster cannot be greater than 45 at this point in the off-season.
    Skywalker pointed discrepancy this out.

Comment

Sorry, fixed.

Comment

Cap submission deadline:

Friday, October 12th.

Comment

Ok before I'll completely forget this thing for the turkey dinner tonight, I just want to ask on how or where to submit cap? I've never played a dynasty league and I was going to do it earlier but I couldn't find it on the Yahoo page.

Happy thanksgiving everyone!

Comment

I sent an email to you. You submit in the group page. If you're not already in the group, check your notifications here on this board because you should have an invite.

Comment

Player extensions

Hey guys, I think we may want to consider player extensions as well. Basically this would give you the right to extend one player already on your roster to a longer deal. This will help prevent a bunch of teams getting stuck with a big group of free agents in one year after we get rolling for two or three seasons.

Comment

I have submitted my cap on the group page:

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/gr...d=5&do=discuss

You don't have to put it in a table if you don't want to.

Comment

I lost connection for last pick. For some reason I got lamb when my queue was set for Landry. Any way to fix this?

Comment

Just sign him off the WW. I had to leave early and I didn't get my guy either.

Comment

Cap allocations rule explanation:

• Salary cap will be based on years and the cap will be 40 years. After the draft is complete you will assign years to your players. The total of all players combined on your roster cannot be greater than 40 at this point in the off-season.
                      • After this point free agency begins. Teams may sign players to multi-season contracts if they have the cap space. If they do not have cap space than can sign players to one year deals; such a player cannot be extended in the off-season.
                      In case you don't realize, you aren't required to sign everybody you drafted today. If you don't want to allocate cap to a player then don't and simply drop him from your team when it is unlocked.

Also, if you do allocate all your cap you can still sign FA's, but the player you release to sign the new guy will still count against your cap. The next guy you sign can only be signed to a one year deal if you're over cap and will be unrestricted at the end of the season.

Comment

Just sign him off the WW. I had to leave early and I didn't get my guy either.
                        Will do.

What does the locked roster mean? I think this has confused me.

Comment

I locked everything down until everyone submits their cap allocations (deadline is Friday). Then I will unlock teams and free agency will begin. (the following Monday)

Comment

In case you don't realize, you aren't required to sign everybody you drafted today. If you don't want to allocate cap to a player then don't and simply drop him from your team when it is unlocked.

Also, if you do allocate all your cap you can still sign FA's, but the player you release to sign the new guy will still count against your cap. The next guy you sign can only be signed to a one year deal if you're over cap and will be unrestricted at the end of the season.
                            Hold on hold on; you are saying we can go over the cap??

Now if I missed something pre-draft, you can point it out to me and disregard all below.

I was under the assumption that it was a hard cap and that we couldn't sign any players to go over the cap. At least, I believe I haven't read anything leading up to the draft the gave the other idea.

Now I'm seeing that I can go over the cap (endlessly) by signing players to one year deals. I'm totally not ok with that because my draft strategy was based on the idea that I could never go over the cap. And it's no small deal, I would have changed my approach drastically.

I have taken very little risks with veterans who might have more injury risk or whose role is uncertain, like Ray Allen (according to reports Miami is very concerned about his health) or Jason Kidd (how many minutes will he get); and I've taken very little risk with cheap rookies/ young players who might or might not get minutes. If I would have take the risk, I assumed cutting them later in the season would be impossible because of the cap. So I have not targeted Austin Rivers or Ruben Patterson or even Royce White (who has a lot of risk, but a lot of upside and what it's going to probably be very clear within a few months), I have not drafted Teletovic, not drafted Tobias Harris et cetera et cetera. Instead I went mostly with, what I consider reasonably low upside, reasonably safe choices like Jarrett Jack, Mike Dunleavy, Isaiah Thomas, etc. Whether I am correct there is not the point. It was the result of my drafting strategy thinking I knew the rules: there is a cap, and you can not go over the cap.

If I had known I could go over the cap I would have taken more risk, knowing people like Jack and Ayon (or players of a similar level) might still be available in free agency and could be signed even if I was already over the cap.

Again, if I missed an earlier post where this was mentioned, in that case it's my mistake and I apologize in advance for my stupidity. But otherwise I'm not ok with changing the rules after the draft.

Comment

Rules wrote:
                              •Salary cap will be based on years and the cap will be 40 years. After the draft is complete you will assign years to your players. The total of all players combined on your roster cannot be greater than 40 at this point in the off-season.
                              •After this point free agency begins. Teams may sign players to multi-season contracts if they have the cap space. If they do not have cap space than can sign players to one year deals; such a player cannot be extended in the off-season.
                              Apologies if you missed this Soft Euro, but from what I can remember, it has been in the rules since Day 1.
                              Last edited by Joey; Mon Oct 8, 2012, 12:14 PM.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                                Apologies if you missed this Soft Euro, but from what I can remember, it has been in the rules since Day 1.
                                +1

This is also on the very first post in the old Dynasty thread:

After this point free agency begins. Teams may sign players to multi-season contracts if they have the cap space. If they do not have cap space than can sign players to one year deals; such a player cannot be extended in the off-season.

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...ue-Disccussion

I always liked it because it was just like the NBA and creates a soft cap. Now if we could just get some MLE and mini-MLE plus a bi-annual exception!

Comment

Working...
                                X