This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kadazzle wrote: View Post
    I have Mike Conley and Jeremy Lin, and I'm not looking to win this season, so I'd be interested in trying to make a Rondo deal work.

Edit: Also, was it decided what happens if you finish the season/off-season over the cap?
    The trade you sent me doesn't work under the cap. I couldn't really find away of adjusting without screwing you over. If your still interested send me a similar one and I should accept it.

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    There was never any real argument over this. After the year just take a year of the contract. Only the years left on the contract will count against the cap.

E.g.: I have Westbrook 5 years, after this year 4 years will be left and that's the number that will count against my cap.
    Alright thanks

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
      The trade you sent me doesn't work under the cap. I couldn't really find away of adjusting without screwing you over. If your still interested send me a similar one and I should accept it.
      Correction I think I found a fair trade let me know.

Comment

• Kadazzle wrote: View Post
        I have Mike Conley and Jeremy Lin, and I'm not looking to win this season, so I'd be interested in trying to make a Rondo deal work.

Edit: Also, was it decided what happens if you finish the season/off-season over the cap?
        Just like the big leagues you are stuck with minimum contracts!

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
          Btw: I hoped you'd continue trade talks with me...
          I'm still interested in trade talks with you. I'm not in a rush to make any moves, as I'm not in a great position to win this year, but I'm still looking to get a SF of the future, trade one of my PGs, and also trade some of my older players (Vince, Chauncey, KG, Tayshaun).

Comment

• League 'issues'

Hi guys,

Promted by the recent trade by Tucas and Kadazzle I wanted to bring up the rulebook and also start a discussion on some other issues.

1. League rules / the 'nascent' rulebook
            In november I posted that I was working on a rulebook to cover some (perceived) holes and unadressed issues in the rules. I did sent a draft to Joey and Apollo but as of yet they probably haven't had the time / taken the time to give me some detailed feedback. Hence the fact that there hasn't been any followup on this. My suggestion now would be that I'll post this in the off-season so everyone can give feedback (which is in line with what Joey suggested to me in a mail earlier). As not to create some confussion with this year's rules it's probably better not to do this now (as I'm suggesting some further restrictions to trades in relation to the cap which e.g. would make this recent trade 'illegal'). This years rules have been published by Apollo on the league group page. Some things might not be covered by this, but so far, there haven't been many problems with this and we can discuss it here together if any problem arises.

2. Inactivity by LilRomeo
            LilRomeo hasn't set his line-up since some point in december. Skywalker mentioned that he knows someone who would love to take over the team. I'm up for that if you guys agree as well; I expect any manager who brought forward by Skywalker will probably be an active manager and there haven't been active forum members showing interest in the league as far as I know.

3. The draft / lottery
            Prior to and at the beginning of the season there has been some discussion about how we would go about deciding the draft order. This hasn't been resolved yet, but I think we should start discussing this and come to a decision.

Apollo suggested that, to help prevent blatant tanking the consolation rounds should play a factor in deciding the draft order. I'm all for that and there are different ways to go about this, e.g. start a lottery system or maybe a point system, where you get a number of points based on your regular season finish (high finish = more points) and a number of points based on the play-offs/consolation rounds where finishing high in the consolation rounds means getting less points. Team with the lowest point total gets the highest draft position and so on. I could work this out in an example if we are interested in this, but I'd also welcome any other ideas.

Comment

• Well then .. lets hope Rudy Gay sees an explosion in numbers now thats he's a Rap. My team could use the boost.

Comment

• I messaged Apollo last week about having one of my friends take over for Lil Romeo, I knew that guy would flop.

Whatever you guys decide is fine, just keep in mind that he would love to get in on it and is an avid reader of this site

Comment

• Yes, we read that. Skywalker also proposed someone in the league smack box. My idea would be to ask Skywalker's guy as I think he was earlier and put your guy at the top of the waiting list.

Whoever it is, they'll be getting a solid team. LilRomeo is in the play-off hunt with only 14 players and without setting his line-up. I might like to change teams with him as well...

Comment

Yes, we read that. Skywalker also proposed someone in the league smack box. My idea would be to ask Skywalker's guy as I think he was earlier and put your guy at the top of the waiting list.

Whoever it is, they'll be getting a solid team. LilRomeo is in the play-off hunt with only 14 players and without setting his line-up. I might like to change teams with him as well...
                    Not sure how I missed this, but how is it that LilRomeo is at the 40 year cap, but only has 14 guys ... Thats not right at all.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      Not sure how I missed this, but how is it that LilRomeo is at the 40 year cap, but only has 14 guys ... Thats not right at all.
                      To start the season he didn't sign all 15 players. Instead he signed 14 to reach the cap at 40.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                        To start the season he didn't sign all 15 players. Instead he signed 14 to reach the cap at 40.
                        Ok perhaps I should have phrased that better .. obviously I know HOW it happened. Lol But why was it allowed?!

Comment

Ok perhaps I should have phrased that better .. obviously I know HOW it happened. Lol But why was it allowed?!
                          See way back in the thread. It was one of those things not covered by the rules. I think fixed this in the concept rulebook you got by mail (didn't check as I'm on the road).

Comment

See way back in the thread. It was one of those things not covered by the rules. I think fixed this in the concept rulebook you got by mail (didn't check as I'm on the road).
                            This is on the first page. Second point down from the top:

CBA (Collective Baller Agreement):

Standard Yahoo league scoring
                            15 man roster (PG, SG, G, SF, PF, F, C, C, Util, Util, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN)
                            Year 1 draft will be a live auction featuring both veterans and rookies
                            Year 2 draft and there after will be a live standard draft featuring only rookies.
                            It was definitely covered by the rules.

Obviously now its too late, but this was a massive oversite on our (commissioners) Part.

Comment

This is on the first page. Second point down from the top:

It was definitely covered by the rules.

Obviously now its too late, but this was a massive oversite on our (commissioners) Part.
                              I don't think that quote covers it, it's just the league stettings.

Also, it wasn't an oversight, it has been discussed and you were actually the commish who ok'ed here in the league thread. Below I've quoted the discussion in the order it has taken place before the start of the season.

@LilRomeo: you forgot giving Carlos Delfino a contract; for now I have him at 1 year (I'm preparing the spreadsheet), briging your total for 14 players up to 40; I, think, but am not sure this is within the rules for your initial roster, Apollo or Joey might be able to comment on that.
                              joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                              As I understand it, you need space to sign someone to fill that 15th spot.
                              Romeo will need to adjust his numbers accordingly.
                              @LilRomeo: according to the above post by Commish Joey you still need to make an adjustment today or tomorrow.
                              joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                              I was since corrected by Apollo. Haha
                              Apparently Romeo can sign guys to the exception 1-year deals; and simply not be able to re-sign them if they happen to blow up.

Comment

• Crazy, I don't remember that at all. Haha Alright, thanks for Digging that up.

Comment

Working...
                                X