Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 LastLast
Results 701 to 720 of 734

Thread: RR NBA Dynasty League - S1

  1. #701
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,656
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
    Thumbs-up #2
    Sorry, should have said click "Like this post"....

    ..... unless you are on a cell phone and in which case we'll count yours!
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  2. #702
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    3,488
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Im down with Matt's suggestions. And Sunday the 27th at Noon Eastern is great. Anything later will cut into NFL time, and nobody(ME!!!!) wants that.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

  3. #703
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    3,488
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Since Trey Burke is out 3-6 weeks(hopefully that's all), I should get another rookie to replace him hehehehe

    J/K but that sucks... He was being projected as ROY.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

  4. #704
    Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,400
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    How many years are Fully's rookies being signed for? I want to post an updated cap sheet prior to the draft and he's the only one I'm missing. Also, nothing has been posted about Kadazzle's free agents/rookie or did I miss something?
    Last edited by tucas; Mon Oct 14th, 2013 at 10:25 PM.

  5. #705
    Raptors Republic Starter The Coach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    338
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    After seeing who is left for free agents, I wouldn't mind using my draft pick... too late?

  6. #706
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,656
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    How many years are Fully's rookies being signed for? I want to post an updated cap sheet prior to the draft and he's the only one I'm missing. Also, nothing has been posted about Kadazzle's free agents/rookie or did I miss something?
    I never received anything and all his players with no years were released

  7. #707
    Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    3,072
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    For time purposes, the live auction draft for free agency can't be beat.

    If we go FAAB, then I like your suggestion about locking, waiver, locking, waiver, etc. The problem is we are 2 weeks to tip off and the amount of time for commissioners to be setting things up. Also at some point in time teams are going to be unlocked and someone will have an advantage looking at the add/drop (they will be immediate with UFA). If a live auction is done then everyone knows their players and a couple of days later we can unlock with everyone having a full roster - again, someone is always going to have an advantage on the unlocking of the teams.
    Yeah that all makes sense. Since most people only need a few players to fill out their roster, I wouldn't expect either method to take too long and by the end, there isn't likely to be any great steals to be had with UFAs. Perhaps something to consider for next year, assuming there is continuity of owners. Without continuity it is much harder, plus you guys had to replace the Godfather (Apollo) and a key contributor (SoftEuro) which is really tough.

    Hopefully next year everyone is back and ready early, so that we have the time to lay things out. I am super excited for this and can't imagine not finding time for it, even with a little bundle of mayhem on the way (Jan 24th!). Thank god for iPhone apps.

  8. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
  9. #708
    Raptors Republic Starter James Ballswin (Realizar)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    853
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote The Coach wrote: View Post
    After seeing who is left for free agents, I wouldn't mind using my draft pick... too late?
    Who do you want to draft and for how many years?

  10. #709
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,656
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote The Coach wrote: View Post
    After seeing who is left for free agents, I wouldn't mind using my draft pick... too late?
    No.

    Not going to be able to add until after free agency.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  11. #710
    Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,400
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well if there's no more signings before free agency here is the Cap Sheet leading into free agency. I still need the years for Fully's rookies and if I don't get them in the next couple days they will be set to 1. Please check to make sure I correctly distributed years to all of your rookies and resigned players.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/wq9nc6s619...pRrDynasty.pdf

    Also I'm just updating our free agency rules and then will post an updated rule book available for read.
    Last edited by tucas; Tue Oct 15th, 2013 at 08:09 PM.
    Teams that won't beat me this year in RR Dynasty League
    McHappy , jbml
    Joey's Monstars, Team Ballswin
    Keeping it Real !!
    Ceezus , Mack North
    Fully , WJF
    Drizz , DanH's Team
    Koncept , The Coach
    Axel

  12. Like drizz, Joey liked this post
  13. #711
    Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,400
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Also a reminder to anyone who wants to use their amnesty provision, please decide soon because after free agency you won't be able to use it until next offseason.
    Teams that won't beat me this year in RR Dynasty League
    McHappy , jbml
    Joey's Monstars, Team Ballswin
    Keeping it Real !!
    Ceezus , Mack North
    Fully , WJF
    Drizz , DanH's Team
    Koncept , The Coach
    Axel

  14. #712
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    434
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    Also a reminder to anyone who wants to use their amnesty provision, please decide soon because after free agency you won't be able to use it until next offseason.
    Amnesty for Bargnani

  15. #713
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,656
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Hey,

    Just thinking about everyone's suggestions and comments combined with original CBA rules combined with Yahoo! tools combined with (and most importantly!) ease of implementation.

    This is what I am thinking for free agency:


    Draft Type: Live Auction draft
    Why? Immediate/fastest, everyone can participate, people who can't make it can pre-set their preferences through auto-draft, there are also apps for drafting (last year I drafted on my cell phone in one of the most remote places in Canada), easiest for commissioners to implement

    Free agency budget: $200
    Why? Fair and sticks to original CBA/rules

    Waiver wire budget for inseason: remainder of $200 after free agency
    Why? Fair, sticks to original CBA/rules, offers realism, rewards prudent/punishes free and easy, can do this through Yahoo!


    If you agree, just give me a thumbs up/Like this post. 8 thumbs up is majority rule (as I thumbs up myself) giving 9/16.

    If you disagree, give an alternative. Regardless of which way we go, the $200 should be for free agency AND in-season waiver wire.
    7 thumbs up plus TEAM BALLSWIN and myself is 9.

    Boom - there it is.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  16. #714
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,656
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote jbml wrote: View Post
    Amnesty for Bargnani
    We are going to have to decide how amnesty is to be implemented. My understanding is it was to be used like it is in "real" life. Bargnani was already waived therefore amnestying a player who is already waived doesn't meet criteria. Original CBA:

    Exception: Each team has a one time amnesty clause available for use. This will allow you to cut one player in the off-season without any salary cap implications.

    I'm alright with whatever majority decide but I don't think using the amnesty on a player who is already waived was the original intention.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  17. #715
    Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    3,072
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    Well if there's no more signings before free agency here is the Cap Sheet leading into free agency. I still need the years for Fully's rookies and if I don't get them in the next couple days they will be set to 1. Please check to make sure I correctly distributed years to all of your rookies and resigned players.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/wq9nc6s619...pRrDynasty.pdf

    Also I'm just updating our free agency rules and then will post an updated rule book available for read.
    So question....this shows Kleiza on my books for another year. Now that he is playing in a different league (not just sitting at home waiting for a NBA call without retiring), is there a provision for his cap hit to be removed?

    I can't understand why anyone would have signed Kleiza for 2 years last year, so I'd love to remove his cap hit if at all possible. If he was simply a free agent in the NBA, who hasn't retired, then I wouldn't even ask. But this also raises the question, what happens if a guy retires, do you carry his full cap hit still, or is it waived or is it reduced?

    So if Kleiza can't be removed under a provision "Not in the NBA anymore", do I have to waive him since he wont appear in yahoo to even put on my roster?

  18. #716
    Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    1,400
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    We are going to have to decide how amnesty is to be implemented. My understanding is it was to be used like it is in "real" life. Bargnani was already waived therefore amnestying a player who is already waived doesn't meet criteria. Original CBA:




    I'm alright with whatever majority decide but I don't think using the amnesty on a player who is already waived was the original intention.
    I was thinking the same thing but from the looks of thing people have dropped their high players(Nick Young, Bargnani) with the intent to amnesty their years off their cap in the offseason. Since we never actually specified this and multiple teams have dropped high players, I suggest we let people amnesty their waived contracts just because it seems people assumed that was alright.

    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    So question....this shows Kleiza on my books for another year. Now that he is playing in a different league (not just sitting at home waiting for a NBA call without retiring), is there a provision for his cap hit to be removed?

    I can't understand why anyone would have signed Kleiza for 2 years last year, so I'd love to remove his cap hit if at all possible. If he was simply a free agent in the NBA, who hasn't retired, then I wouldn't even ask. But this also raises the question, what happens if a guy retires, do you carry his full cap hit still, or is it waived or is it reduced?

    So if Kleiza can't be removed under a provision "Not in the NBA anymore", do I have to waive him since he wont appear in yahoo to even put on my roster?
    Unfortunately the rule has been that if a player retires you still have to pay out the contract. I wouldn't worry about his hit as this season particularly no one will likely hit the 40 cap.

  19. #717
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    434
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    We are going to have to decide how amnesty is to be implemented. My understanding is it was to be used like it is in "real" life. Bargnani was already waived therefore amnestying a player who is already waived doesn't meet criteria. Original CBA:




    I'm alright with whatever majority decide but I don't think using the amnesty on a player who is already waived was the original intention.

    This was discussed before I opted to drop Bargnani (Post #307). There was a couple of responses one from yourself Matt. There were no objections at the time
    Last edited by jbml; Wed Oct 16th, 2013 at 08:17 AM.

  20. #718
    Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    3,072
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    I was thinking the same thing but from the looks of thing people have dropped their high players(Nick Young, Bargnani) with the intent to amnesty their years off their cap in the offseason. Since we never actually specified this and multiple teams have dropped high players, I suggest we let people amnesty their waived contracts just because it seems people assumed that was alright.


    Unfortunately the rule has been that if a player retires you still have to pay out the contract. I wouldn't worry about his hit as this season particularly no one will likely hit the 40 cap.
    Dang. So he might as well be waived instead of active on my roster then. Unless I can count his Turkish league stats

    Please waive Kleiza, unless someone wants to trade for him?

  21. #719
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,656
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote jbml wrote: View Post
    This was discussed before I opted to drop Bargnani (Post #307). There was a couple of responses one from yourself Matt. There were no objections at the time
    Right you are.

    Good thing we keep records around here. lol

    Fact still remains it is not how the league implements it and that was how I was thinking this go around. But you are definitely right, you checked prior to waiver and no one had an issue then. Should be no issue now.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  22. #720
    Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Smoke City
    Posts
    3,488
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Must have missed it somewhere, but why do some owners have less than $200 to spend?
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •