Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: RR NBA Dynasty League - S1

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

As per your last paragraph, that's why I inked Kobe to a 3 year deal.

Thanks for the clarification on the amnesty, I forgot I had read that.

One more question I have though. I have about 3-4 players on my roster with one year deals that I may not want to keep very long. Can we just keep releasing these players and picking up new ones(to same 1 yr deals) throughout the year without it effecting our cap?

Sorry if all this has been covered, I'm just not used to so many different rules and stipulations in fantasy sports. More questions will follow I'm sure, until my dumbass has it down pat!

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    As per your last paragraph, that's why I inked Kobe to a 3 year deal.

Thanks for the clarification on the amnesty, I forgot I had read that.

One more question I have though. I have about 3-4 players on my roster with one year deals that I may not want to keep very long. Can we just keep releasing these players and picking up new ones(to same 1 yr deals) throughout the year without it effecting our cap?

Sorry if all this has been covered, I'm just not used to so many different rules and stipulations in fantasy sports. More questions will follow I'm sure, until my dumbass has it down pat!
    Most things can be found in the CBA thread Apollo made on the group page. Whatever still needs to be sorted out, like how the draftorder will be decided, I guess will be added later.

Concerning your question; this has indeed been discussed before in this thread. You can keep dropping and adding players and sign them to any contract untill your cap reaches 40. You have the right to re-sign each of these players in the off-season if their contract expires (with a max of two players each year). The contract of every player you drop will still count against the cap. When your cap is at 40 and you want to drop a player and add a new one that player gets a one-year contract and he becomes a free agent after the year.

Something to note here: I'm assuming that if you drop a player and add him again later that you have to give him a new contract.

Post Thanks / Like

Sometimes I just need a little clarification! Muchos Gracias, I appreciate it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    My apologies if this has been asked but here goes:

What happens with the 'contracts' when 2 team complete a trade?

This is what I think, correct me if wrong:
    Players outgoing contracts are removed from team cap. Players coming in are assigned contracts based on available
    The contract goes with the player.

If both teams are capped, contracts have to balance or I veto the trade.

Raptors Republic Starter The Coach's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What happens to an injured player? Will we be able to put them on the disabled list and then pick up a player till they return?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote The Coach wrote: View Post
    What happens to an injured player? Will we be able to put them on the disabled list and then pick up a player till they return?
    Nope

Post Thanks / Like

Quote The Coach wrote: View Post
    No IR in the NBA, no IR in our league.

Raptors Republic Starter The Coach's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    Nope
    Thanks for the info!

Post Thanks / Like

Will the amnesty clause be available to use on players we originally drafted, or can it be used on anyone throughout our Dynasty career?

Post Thanks / Like

We didn't specified it had to be used on guys you drafted. You can use it on anyone.

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I had 1 roster spot left and went to pick up 2 guys off of waivers. I got Carl Landry but not the other guy I wanted because my roster was full. Do I have to assign years to Carl Landry or can I drop him and pick up the other guy I wanted?

Post Thanks / Like

Ummm ... Koncept .. you spent $56 of your $100 TOTAL waiver moneys on Marcus Camby and CJ Watson? Did your friends Prank you or something?? Haha
    "That was Nasty right? Cocked that Joint back and banged on 'em." -James Johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Joey - nice pick up on Wright. I was thinking but never pulled the trigger.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Joey - nice pick up on Wright. I was thinking but never pulled the trigger.
    Thanks man! And I guess I should thank you for not bidding as wel! haha

Ya my hope is that Wright will be given a more permanent role in Dallas this year; after a pretty solid year last year.
    And now with Dirk having the Bad Knee drained etc, hoping Wright will be able to capitalize.

I was eyeing both JJack and Blatche as well, but you likely outbid what I was willing to pay.
    Last edited by Joey; Tue Oct 16th, 2012 at 02:16 PM.
    "That was Nasty right? Cocked that Joint back and banged on 'em." -James Johnson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Thanks man! And I guess I should thank you for not bidding as wel! haha

Ya my hope is that Wright will be given a more permanent role in Dallas this year; after a pretty solid year last year.
    And now with Dirk having the Bad Knee drained etc, hoping Wright will be able to capitalize.

I was eyeing both JJack and Blatche as well, but you likely outbid what I was willing to pay.
    I feel good about Blatche this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Proposed Trade

Matt52 trades Tony Parker (Rank-61. 2-Year Contract) to The Coach for Sam Dalembert (Rank-100. 1-Year Contract)

Easy win for The Coach in this deal, but I guess Matt needs some help down low.
    I won't be voting against it.
    Works under the CBA.

However, I'd imagine there are people willing to give alot more than Sam Dalembert for Parker.
    Last edited by Joey; Tue Oct 16th, 2012 at 06:02 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Proposed Trade

Matt52 trades Tony Parker (Rank-61. 2-Year Contract) to The Coach for Sam Dalembert (Rank-100. 1-Year Contract)

Easy win for The Coach in this deal, but I guess Matt needs some help down low.
    Works under the CBA.

However, I'd imagine there are people willing to give alot more than Sam Dalembert for Parker.
    People had opportunities and I let it be known he was available. Granted one or two trades were blatantly insane but I made a lot of offers. Parker is hardly a hot commodity from what I can tell.

Also, I did mean to ask The Coach for a 1st round pick but I forgot and it wasn't until he accepted I realized my mistake. Whoops. Lucky Coach.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    I had 1 roster spot left and went to pick up 2 guys off of waivers. I got Carl Landry but not the other guy I wanted because my roster was full. Do I have to assign years to Carl Landry or can I drop him and pick up the other guy I wanted?
    We'll let you off the hook this time because it's the very beginning of the league but you can rank your waiver claims on the yahoo website. You need to do that in the future because we're not going to let you off next time. Alternatively you could simply put in one claim, not two.

Works under the CBA.
    Same here.

Post Thanks / Like

Joey, tucas, don't forget to submit your contract info in the appropriate group page for your signings:

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/gr...d=8&do=discuss

Post Thanks / Like

I won't be voting against trades in the Dynasty League quickly; it's not just about player rankings, there's a lot more to consider in this league. And that's especially the case when the owner has been shopping a player, giving a big part of the league the chance to make an offer.

Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information