Page 7 of 37 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: RR NBA Dynasty League - S1

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    I won't be voting against trades in the Dynasty League quickly; it's not just about player rankings, there's a lot more to consider in this league. And that's especially the case when the owner has been shopping a player, giving a big part of the league the chance to make an offer.
    This.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, only Joey and myself have veto power. We will listen to what everyone has to say though. The reason it can't be a league decision is because the years may not work on a trade and we'll have to shoot it down.

I agree. It can't just be a question of "does player A equal player b?"

Post Thanks / Like

Lol best GM quote ever about my man Luis Scola:

Suns GM Lance Blanks said that Luis Scola will provide "griminess and crustiness that we need."
    That has got to be one of the weirdest things we've heard a GM say about a player he's acquired, and we're really not sure what he means by "crustiness." Regardless, Blanks expects Scola to set an example for the younger players and he should have a major role as the starting PF for Phoenix. Scola averaged 15.5 points and 6.5 rebounds on 49.1 percent shooting last season, all down from his averages in 2010-11. Aug 15 - 9:27 AM
    Source: Arizona Republic

When I drafted I was looking for crustiness first and foremost.

Post Thanks / Like

it's not just about player rankings, there's a lot more to consider in this league.
    I agree. I apologize if I gave the impression that thats what I was basing my decision on.
    I only posted the ratings because thats what Yahoo posts and figured it was at least slightly relevant.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Starter The Coach's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    People had opportunities and I let it be known he was available. Granted one or two trades were blatantly insane but I made a lot of offers. Parker is hardly a hot commodity from what I can tell.

Also, I did mean to ask The Coach for a 1st round pick but I forgot and it wasn't until he accepted I realized my mistake. Whoops. Lucky Coach.
    A quote from the Coach's presser regarding the deal for Tony Parker and the possible inclusion of a draft pick in the deal:

Definitely would have made it a more challenging decision with a draft pick involved. A couple factors that I had to ponder was positional need and cap flexibility. Although one is ranked better than the other, I went against conventional wisdom and traded a big for a small (lots of great PG's, not a lot of great C's). As for flexibility, I was already at 38 years and this puts me at 39, so I lost some flexibility that I think could be very valuable. All in all, our organization is still excited about bringing in a great PG, especially considering Derrick Rose's injury.
    Last edited by The Coach; Tue Oct 16th, 2012 at 10:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Apollo in the market for a PG?

Unnamed sources are reporting that Apollo is currently listening to offers involving a second or third tier PG as the main return in the deal.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

i heard camby added 15 pounds this off season. i hope its not the eddy curry diet

Post Thanks / Like

Quote The Coach wrote: View Post
    A quote from the Coach's presser regarding the deal for Tony Parker and the possible inclusion of a draft pick in the deal:
    lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote koncept wrote: View Post
    i heard camby added 15 pounds this off season. i hope its not the eddy curry diet
    At his age I'm not sure adding weight is the ideal thing to be doing. Only going to make his knees wish he was lighter.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic All-Star tucas's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If anyone is looking for 3 pts, I'm looking to trade Jason Richardson and Kyle korver for a big man.

Post Thanks / Like

Also I'm desperately looking for a backup pg.

Post Thanks / Like

If you sign a player for 2 years then drop him it goes against your cap. But if you decide to resign him for 2 years does it then take up a total of 4 years of cap space or just 2?

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    If you sign a player for 2 years then drop him it goes against your cap. But if you decide to resign him for 2 years does it then take up a total of 4 years of cap space or just 2?
    It's my understanding that if you drop someone and pick him up again, you'll have to hand out a new contract.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tucas wrote: View Post
    Also I'm desperately looking for a backup pg.
    Tony Parker WAS available ... Haha
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

i was joking joey about the mysterious 15 LBs of training camp. I def overpaid for those 2 guys, but I doubt I'm going to be competing for any FA signings during the season that will require more than $50
    Last edited by koncept; Wed Oct 17th, 2012 at 01:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Jarrett Jack is available for anyone looking for a PG.

Looking for steals.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote koncept wrote: View Post
    i was joking joey about the mysterious 15 LBs of training camp. I def overpaid for those 2 guys, but I doubt I'm going to be competing for any FA signings during the season that will require more than $50
    Haha Fair enough. I was actually curious if Camby had put on weight! Went and looked around and everything ... Now if you had said Jason Kidd had put on 15lbs over the summer, I would have really believed you though; from what I can gather, that guy hasn't stopped drinking since signing in NY!
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

It's my understanding that if you drop someone and pick him up again, you'll have to hand out a new contract.
    Exactamundo. Gentlemen, welcome to the world of fantasy consequences.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

OK. I have one more question . For our players on 1 year contracts... if we drop them and sign a next guy, does that count as a new year on our contract? I'm confused by a comment I read earlier... For instance: My cap is at 36 right now. If I were to drop say Kendall Marshall(1 yr deal) and pick up a guy like Willie Green to a one year deal(without stating i want him for 2-3 before the one week deadline), does my cap move up to 37? Or does it remain at 36?

Basically I'm just wondering if 3-4 guys at the bottom of my bench are interchangeable with FA's like our Football season is.(Apollo?)

I hope it hasn't been posted previously, and sorry again if I've missed it. This is my last (dumb?) question before we get it rolling. I'm way to used to simple fantasy and don't pay much attention to real cap issues!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

From my understanding, your cap would be 37 after that move.

Thread Information