Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Raptor Media Brain washing

Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Raptor Media Brain washing

It's all so comical...

Sherman Hamilton actually said "Ed Davis missed his rookie training camp 3 years ago and is still set back by it..."
    WTF - I actually laughed out loud
    Translation: Please be patient with Ed (and Colangelo) and try to make like this is is sophomore season.

I watched the game when I got home and when the Raptors fell behind early (20-10)... I could almost hear the panick in the voices of Matt and Sherman.
    Matt "...This real Madrid team has already got one exhibition game under its belt so they have a big advantage coming in tonight..."
    Sherm "... ya they fly out after this game and immediately start their season so the Raptors are in tough.."
    Translation: Holy crap the Raps look bad starting 4-15 from the field - LOL

David Amber (and others) on Landry Fields "...The name I keep hearing is Shane Battier.."
    Translation: the guy isn't a top three scorer on the team most nights but he does all the intangibles so don't rail on BC for his big price tag because Miami could not win Championship without Battier.

Kyle Lowry: suddenly at game time is injured for the week
    Duane Casey "... he will be fine if it was a playoff game we would let him play.."
    Translation: He is totally fine, they had no intention of playing him, They wanted to evaluate JL3 and let jose start against Real Madrid (since he is spanish). HOWEVER they still did want to get the extra ticket sales from those idiots (like me) who wanted to see Kyle Lowry 's raptor Debut so they announced it at the last second.

Jonas Injury is not real... at least not real enough to keep him out of the lineup.
    Translation: They are holding him back and creating the perception that he is behind on his conditioning and training. The stupid foot cast prop thingy fools only the naive. What they now have is the built in excuse for every missed a shot rebound, assignment or poor boxscore. AND TRUST ME THEY WILL USE IT!

I was a little pissed about not getting to see Kyle but more than anything as these clowns sputter their apologetic BC defending rhetoric its hilarious... like watching WWE commentators.
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You don't actually believe there's a giant conspiracy in the works, do you?
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

BC is an alien.

Bargnani killed JFK.

MLSE is the Canadian front for the Knights Templar.

Sports announcers are notorious homers.

1 of these 4 things is true...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    BC is an alien.
    He must wear those high collars to hide his gills....
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    You don't actually believe there's a giant conspiracy in the works, do you?
    uhhhh - no thats now how the post reads Moulder.

did you read it or just do the usual character assassination?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlz wrote: View Post
    uhhhh - no thats now how the post reads Moulder.

did you read it or just do the usual character assassination?
    Sadly, I read every word.

Faking injuries to establish pre-built excuses? Oliver Stone would be proud...

I suppose the idea that the world isn't THAT manipulable scares some people.
    Last edited by Nilanka; Tue Oct 9th, 2012 at 12:55 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Sadly, I read every word.

Faking injuries to establish pre-built excuses? Oliver Stone would be proud...

I suppose the idea that the world isn't THAT manipulable scares some people.
    Faking injuries to establish pre-built excuses? = brilliant!

miss a couple weeks for training in exchange for vastly depreciated pressure. They have been playing the Jonas V story on Raptors TV all summer every day sometimes 2x a day.

he could not have possibly lived up to the expectation right away - he should be a good/great player but his development will go smoother if there is less pressure

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been thinking the same thing about JV -- whether it is fake or not, they've set themselves up for some easy excuses down the road.

I think they replay the Jonas V story because there's nothing else for them to show. Probably has something to do with the required Canadian content % quota that all Canadian networks/radio stations etc are subject to.

Post Thanks / Like

No one is faking injuries. This team has run out excuses - no one (other than the real kool-aid drinkers) are buying it anymore. I am absolutely sick of the training camp excuses from this team year after year. 4 months into the season we are still hearing this garbage. If you are a professional athlete and can't get into proper shape (and learn the system) months into a season then you shouldn't be playing in the NBA cause you're either too lazy or too stupid or both.

Secondly, the Raptors media guys making excuses for this team is nothing new. It's been going on for years. They are paid by the team - they can't be too critical. I remember a couple years ago when Leo really started going after Bargnani (amongst other) for a few games in a row. Jack called a few games cause the games moved channels for a week or so and then, shockingly, Leo was back to usual self. It was clear what happened. The local beat guys can't be too negative or they will lose their already limited access to the team and the front office.

Post Thanks / Like

i love these threads
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys are pretty unbelievable. It's the first pre season game and you are already in late march miss the playoffs criticism form. Lowry and JV were never going to play this game. Casey said multiple times last week that the goal was to have Lowry ready for October 31st. So to be upset because you failed to understand that he wasn't playing last night and then formulate a fake injury conspiracy based on that is kind of pathetic.

There was obviously a lot of bad minutes last night, but there was also lots of positives to be taken too.

Also my understanding was that Madrid is already in their regular season, not training camp and that was Sherm's point.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    No one is faking injuries. This team has run out excuses - no one (other than the real kool-aid drinkers) are buying it anymore. I am absolutely sick of the training camp excuses from this team year after year. 4 months into the season we are still hearing this garbage. If you are a professional athlete and can't get into proper shape (and learn the system) months into a season then you shouldn't be playing in the NBA cause you're either too lazy or too stupid or both.

Secondly, the Raptors media guys making excuses for this team is nothing new. It's been going on for years. They are paid by the team - they can't be too critical. I remember a couple years ago when Leo really started going after Bargnani (amongst other) for a few games in a row. Jack called a few games cause the games moved channels for a week or so and then, shockingly, Leo was back to usual self. It was clear what happened. The local beat guys can't be too negative or they will lose their already limited access to the team and the front office.
    +1

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargnani killed JFK.
    Now we know that the "Magic Bullet Theory" isnt true, the bullet rebounded off the car...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

BC is an alien.

Bargnani killed JFK.

MLSE is the Canadian front for the Knights Templar.

Sports announcers are notorious homers.

1 of these 4 things is true...
    With all due respect to CT2010's voice of reason, this is easily the most appropriate response to this thread

Raptors Republic Starter GameBreaker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    i love these threads
    I know, right? Another year of bashing our entire franchise from within the "fans". Yup, I could see another season of dudes saying "how shitty we are", right down to the front office...but, now commentator conspiracies?!? Geesh. Hugs, anyone? *** Joke is, the season hasn't even started yet.
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Raptors Republic Starter GameBreaker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CT2010 wrote: View Post
    You guys are pretty unbelievable. It's the first pre season game and you are already in late march miss the playoffs criticism form. Lowry and JV were never going to play this game. Casey said multiple times last week that the goal was to have Lowry ready for October 31st. So to be upset because you failed to understand that he wasn't playing last night and then formulate a fake injury conspiracy based on that is kind of pathetic.

There was obviously a lot of bad minutes last night, but there was also lots of positives to be taken too.

Also my understanding was that Madrid is already in their regular season, not training camp and that was Sherm's point.
    THANK YOU!!! I swear cats have pre-written disses for the Raps. I just, for the life of me, can't understand why they have accounts on here to bash the franchise with senseless comments or uneducated assumptions with big words. Jus close the account, watch football/hockey/baseball, heck even golf if you hate the franchise, so much. It's so wack to read some comments. Real talk. Freedom of speech/expression, whatever, but this is a FAN site, no? Nothing but bashes, when we THINK we know what we're talking about. Anyways...GO RAPS!!! Lol.
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

+1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote CT2010 wrote: View Post

+1

I would only add that training camp started 7 days prior to the game last night and the preseason still has another 3 weeks to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    +1

I would only add that training camp started 7 days prior to the game last night and the preseason still has another 3 weeks to go.

Not only that, but these friendly matches - especially the ones against Eurpean teams - have a lot more to do with the NBA's global marketing initiatives and providing fans outside the team's hometown (ie: Halifax this year, Montreal and Vancouver in the past) an opportunity to see their team play in person. This wasn't exactly a primer for the start of the regular season... it's called a 'friendly' or an 'exhibition' match for a reason, and expectations should be altered accordingly.

Post Thanks / Like

These guys are the equivalent of the KC fans cheering for an injured Matt Cassel. True fans support the club, stand behind their GM and coach, and puts up with the garbage. There is a whole wide world out there to explore if the Raptors aren't doing it for you anymore. Try camping.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information