Raptor Media Brain washing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CT2010 wrote: View Post
    You guys are pretty unbelievable. It's the first pre season game and you are already in late march miss the playoffs criticism form. Lowry and JV were never going to play this game. Casey said multiple times last week that the goal was to have Lowry ready for October 31st. So to be upset because you failed to understand that he wasn't playing last night and then formulate a fake injury conspiracy based on that is kind of pathetic.

There was obviously a lot of bad minutes last night, but there was also lots of positives to be taken too.

Also my understanding was that Madrid is already in their regular season, not training camp and that was Sherm's point.
    THANK YOU!!! I swear cats have pre-written disses for the Raps. I just, for the life of me, can't understand why they have accounts on here to bash the franchise with senseless comments or uneducated assumptions with big words. Jus close the account, watch football/hockey/baseball, heck even golf if you hate the franchise, so much. It's so wack to read some comments. Real talk. Freedom of speech/expression, whatever, but this is a FAN site, no? Nothing but bashes, when we THINK we know what we're talking about. Anyways...GO RAPS!!! Lol.
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

+1

Comment

CT2010 wrote: View Post
        You guys are pretty unbelievable. It's the first pre season game and you are already in late march miss the playoffs criticism form. Lowry and JV were never going to play this game. Casey said multiple times last week that the goal was to have Lowry ready for October 31st. So to be upset because you failed to understand that he wasn't playing last night and then formulate a fake injury conspiracy based on that is kind of pathetic.

There was obviously a lot of bad minutes last night, but there was also lots of positives to be taken too.

Also my understanding was that Madrid is already in their regular season, not training camp and that was Sherm's point.
        +1

I would only add that training camp started 7 days prior to the game last night and the preseason still has another 3 weeks to go.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          +1

I would only add that training camp started 7 days prior to the game last night and the preseason still has another 3 weeks to go.

Not only that, but these friendly matches - especially the ones against Eurpean teams - have a lot more to do with the NBA's global marketing initiatives and providing fans outside the team's hometown (ie: Halifax this year, Montreal and Vancouver in the past) an opportunity to see their team play in person. This wasn't exactly a primer for the start of the regular season... it's called a 'friendly' or an 'exhibition' match for a reason, and expectations should be altered accordingly.

Comment

These guys are the equivalent of the KC fans cheering for an injured Matt Cassel. True fans support the club, stand behind their GM and coach, and puts up with the garbage. There is a whole wide world out there to explore if the Raptors aren't doing it for you anymore. Try camping.
            Welp, that sucked.

Comment

I was with you until that last point. That's goin waaaay to deep

Man these Raptor commentators really piss me off sometimes, Sherman and Paul Jones seem so dishonest in what they spurt out of their mouths, I'll agree on that. Bunch of nonsense..

Comment

They're just hired to fluff up the team. Nobody wants to hire a guy who is going to badmouth your organization. (On the other hand, if the organization was being ran the correct way, there would be no need to badmouth)

Comment

Tesla wrote: View Post

Man these Raptor commentators really piss me off sometimes, Sherman and Paul Jones seem so dishonest in what they spurt out of their mouths, I'll agree on that. Bunch of nonsense..
                  At least they aren't the Boston Celtics commentators.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                    Good point. I'm quite thankful to finally have satellite because streaming Celtics games was unbearable.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                      I wouldn't worry about Tommy anymore, seems he's been replaced.... guess who?

Comment

I'm in friggin Italy and even I knew KLow wasn't playing, they said earlier in the week, around the intra squad scrimmage, he'd be out a full week and it was widely reported.

As for the Raptors media guys covering for the team think about what you are saying. THE RAPTORS MEDIA GUYS. They are not impartial observers, they are representatives of the team! Sherm, Jack, Devlin et al are all banked by MLSE to represent the Toronto Raptors and you wonder why what you hear is so obviously a sell job?

Not the sharpest knife huh?

And for the record true fans shit all over the team. Nowhere in the definition of "fan" in the dictionary does it say you have to be a mindless zombie believing everything the org shovels your way.
                        LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Tesla wrote: View Post

yes that is my point. Most people want to believe so they buy in.

One other thing about this thread I think everyone on here is an avid raptor fan - watches every game - just don't want to be treated as stupid by certain media.
                          "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

Nice thing about streaming is you often get the OTHER teams broadcasters. They are, of course, just as shilly but it's easier to take the shill about a team you know less about. Can't believe in this day and age of PVRs allowing us to FFWD/RWND change angles, control our own replays that we cannot just turn off the announcers and listen to the game itself. It'd be even better if it allowed us to turn off in-arena music.
                            LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post

And for the record true fans shit all over the team. Nowhere in the definition of "fan" in the dictionary does it say you have to be a mindless zombie believing everything the org shovels your way.
                              Since you speak of "definition of "fan" in the dictionary", to clarify, courtesy of dictionary dot com:

Fan
                              noun
                              an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport, pastime, celebrity, etc.: a baseball fan; a great fan of Charlie Chaplin.
                              Origin:
                              1885–90, Americanism ; short for fanatic

Synonyms
                              supporter, enthusiast, partisan, booster, addict.

"For the record", "nowhere in the definition of "fan" in the dictionary does it say" "true fans shit all over the team".

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                                Since you speak of "definition of "fan" in the dictionary", to clarify, courtesy of dictionary dot com:

Fan
                                noun
                                an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport, pastime, celebrity, etc.: a baseball fan; a great fan of Charlie Chaplin.
                                Origin:
                                1885–90, Americanism ; short for fanatic

Synonyms
                                supporter, enthusiast, partisan, booster, addict.

"For the record", "nowhere in the definition of "fan" in the dictionary does it say" "true fans shit all over the team".
                                I suppose he should have looked up the definition of "fan" before telling us what the definition of "fan" is. Typical. I agree that you don't have to believe every thing the organization shovels your way, but being a fan is supporting the team ANYWAY.

Comment

Working...
                                X