Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptor Media Brain washing

It's all so comical...

Sherman Hamilton actually said "Ed Davis missed his rookie training camp 3 years ago and is still set back by it..."
    WTF - I actually laughed out loud
    Translation: Please be patient with Ed (and Colangelo) and try to make like this is is sophomore season.

I watched the game when I got home and when the Raptors fell behind early (20-10)... I could almost hear the panick in the voices of Matt and Sherman.
    Matt "...This real Madrid team has already got one exhibition game under its belt so they have a big advantage coming in tonight..."
    Sherm "... ya they fly out after this game and immediately start their season so the Raptors are in tough.."
    Translation: Holy crap the Raps look bad starting 4-15 from the field - LOL

David Amber (and others) on Landry Fields "...The name I keep hearing is Shane Battier.."
    Translation: the guy isn't a top three scorer on the team most nights but he does all the intangibles so don't rail on BC for his big price tag because Miami could not win Championship without Battier.

Kyle Lowry: suddenly at game time is injured for the week
    Duane Casey "... he will be fine if it was a playoff game we would let him play.."
    Translation: He is totally fine, they had no intention of playing him, They wanted to evaluate JL3 and let jose start against Real Madrid (since he is spanish). HOWEVER they still did want to get the extra ticket sales from those idiots (like me) who wanted to see Kyle Lowry 's raptor Debut so they announced it at the last second.

Jonas Injury is not real... at least not real enough to keep him out of the lineup.
    Translation: They are holding him back and creating the perception that he is behind on his conditioning and training. The stupid foot cast prop thingy fools only the naive. What they now have is the built in excuse for every missed a shot rebound, assignment or poor boxscore. AND TRUST ME THEY WILL USE IT!

I was a little pissed about not getting to see Kyle but more than anything as these clowns sputter their apologetic BC defending rhetoric its hilarious... like watching WWE commentators.
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

You don't actually believe there's a giant conspiracy in the works, do you?

Comment

BC is an alien.

Bargnani killed JFK.

MLSE is the Canadian front for the Knights Templar.

Sports announcers are notorious homers.

1 of these 4 things is true...

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        BC is an alien.
        He must wear those high collars to hide his gills....

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          You don't actually believe there's a giant conspiracy in the works, do you?
          uhhhh - no thats now how the post reads Moulder.

did you read it or just do the usual character assassination?

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
            uhhhh - no thats now how the post reads Moulder.

did you read it or just do the usual character assassination?
            Sadly, I read every word.

Faking injuries to establish pre-built excuses? Oliver Stone would be proud...

I suppose the idea that the world isn't THAT manipulable scares some people.
            Last edited by Nilanka; Tue Oct 9, 2012, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Sadly, I read every word.

Faking injuries to establish pre-built excuses? Oliver Stone would be proud...

I suppose the idea that the world isn't THAT manipulable scares some people.
              Faking injuries to establish pre-built excuses? = brilliant!

miss a couple weeks for training in exchange for vastly depreciated pressure. They have been playing the Jonas V story on Raptors TV all summer every day sometimes 2x a day.

he could not have possibly lived up to the expectation right away - he should be a good/great player but his development will go smoother if there is less pressure

Comment

I've been thinking the same thing about JV -- whether it is fake or not, they've set themselves up for some easy excuses down the road.

I think they replay the Jonas V story because there's nothing else for them to show. Probably has something to do with the required Canadian content % quota that all Canadian networks/radio stations etc are subject to.
                your pal,
                ebrian

Comment

No one is faking injuries. This team has run out excuses - no one (other than the real kool-aid drinkers) are buying it anymore. I am absolutely sick of the training camp excuses from this team year after year. 4 months into the season we are still hearing this garbage. If you are a professional athlete and can't get into proper shape (and learn the system) months into a season then you shouldn't be playing in the NBA cause you're either too lazy or too stupid or both.

Secondly, the Raptors media guys making excuses for this team is nothing new. It's been going on for years. They are paid by the team - they can't be too critical. I remember a couple years ago when Leo really started going after Bargnani (amongst other) for a few games in a row. Jack called a few games cause the games moved channels for a week or so and then, shockingly, Leo was back to usual self. It was clear what happened. The local beat guys can't be too negative or they will lose their already limited access to the team and the front office.

Comment

i love these threads
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

You guys are pretty unbelievable. It's the first pre season game and you are already in late march miss the playoffs criticism form. Lowry and JV were never going to play this game. Casey said multiple times last week that the goal was to have Lowry ready for October 31st. So to be upset because you failed to understand that he wasn't playing last night and then formulate a fake injury conspiracy based on that is kind of pathetic.

There was obviously a lot of bad minutes last night, but there was also lots of positives to be taken too.

Also my understanding was that Madrid is already in their regular season, not training camp and that was Sherm's point.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
                        No one is faking injuries. This team has run out excuses - no one (other than the real kool-aid drinkers) are buying it anymore. I am absolutely sick of the training camp excuses from this team year after year. 4 months into the season we are still hearing this garbage. If you are a professional athlete and can't get into proper shape (and learn the system) months into a season then you shouldn't be playing in the NBA cause you're either too lazy or too stupid or both.

Secondly, the Raptors media guys making excuses for this team is nothing new. It's been going on for years. They are paid by the team - they can't be too critical. I remember a couple years ago when Leo really started going after Bargnani (amongst other) for a few games in a row. Jack called a few games cause the games moved channels for a week or so and then, shockingly, Leo was back to usual self. It was clear what happened. The local beat guys can't be too negative or they will lose their already limited access to the team and the front office.
                        +1

Comment

Bargnani killed JFK.
                          Now we know that the "Magic Bullet Theory" isnt true, the bullet rebounded off the car...

Comment

BC is an alien.

Bargnani killed JFK.

MLSE is the Canadian front for the Knights Templar.

Sports announcers are notorious homers.

1 of these 4 things is true...
                            With all due respect to CT2010's voice of reason, this is easily the most appropriate response to this thread

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                              i love these threads
                              I know, right? Another year of bashing our entire franchise from within the "fans". Yup, I could see another season of dudes saying "how shitty we are", right down to the front office...but, now commentator conspiracies?!? Geesh. Hugs, anyone? *** Joke is, the season hasn't even started yet.
                              The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                              Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                              www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                              http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                              http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Working...
                              X