Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bold Prediction

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bold Prediction

Bargs gets traded before anyone else.

The more i've seen of him since he came back from injury the more i think he's gone. The team will win under Casey's system but he doesn't fit it at all, and actually hinders it.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Colangelo is never trading his goldenchild. Just hope he shows up for the regular season.
    Last edited by why_you_mad_tho; Tue Oct 9th, 2012 at 04:05 PM.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Casey has gone on record saying that Bargnani is the only player guaranteed a spot in the starting lineup. I don't see Colangelo shipping him.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Because of one pre-season game?

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally feel that he will return to last seasons form if he can stay healthy. And I wouldn't want that guy traded away

Post Thanks / Like

In what way does he hinder the system?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Bargs gets traded before anyone else.

The more i've seen of him since he came back from injury the more i think he's gone. The team will win under Casey's system but he doesn't fit it at all, and actually hinders it.
    after on preseason game..... i also remenber last year he had bas preseason games too

Post Thanks / Like

If he can bring back J Smoove I'm all for it.

Raptors Republic Starter Fuchan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote IROR wrote: View Post
    If he can bring back J Smoove I'm all for it.
    Damn staight, that would be a dream scenario

Lowry, DeRozan, Smith, ED, and Val. That would be awesome.

When I pretend to be an armchair GM, I want to take it slow and steady, but whenever JS is involved, I always throw that out the window. Being a GM and resisting quick fixes must be hard

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Fuchan wrote: View Post
    Damn staight, that would be a dream scenario

Lowry, DeRozan, Smith, ED, and Val. That would be awesome.

When I pretend to be an armchair GM, I want to take it slow and steady, but whenever JS is involved, I always throw that out the window. Being a GM and resisting quick fixes must be hard
    That would be an interesting starting lineup with just 1 player (Lowry) capable of hitting anything consistent outside 18 feet.

Raptors Republic Starter Fuchan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    That would be an interesting starting lineup with just 1 player (Lowry) capable of hitting anything consistent outside 18 feet.

Your right, we would certainly miss Barg's 3 point magic. We still have T Ross, Fields, and JL3 for that. Nothing against Bargs, but Josh is a killer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Fuchan wrote: View Post
    Your right, we would certainly miss Barg's 3 point magic. We still have T Ross, Fields, and JL3 for that. Nothing against Bargs, but Josh is a killer
    I was just remarking on the starting lineup you proposed. DD and JV would be neutralized with limited space to attack or roll. ED would have a crowded key to fight rebounds for. Smith would likely be unaffected.

Any lineup with Smith at SF would need a deep threat PF in my opinion (Bargnani or whoever).

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, substitute Ross/Fields in there for some shooting and better D and you've got a lineup that would have the potential to be as good on D as the Ben Wallace Pistons.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tkfu wrote: View Post
    Man, substitute Ross/Fields in there for some shooting and better D and you've got a lineup that would have the potential to be as good on D as the Ben Wallace Pistons.
    D is a possibility.

But on O that starting lineup had 4 guys who could shoot the 3: Billups, Hamilton, Prince, and R. Wallace.

That was my only point: DD, SMith, ED, and JV can't shoot outside 18 feet consistently..... or at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Bold prediction indeed.

Although, he was really good defensively last night, and overall his shot was off, but he hit some significant shots. I was very shocked as well. Early on, the the team was pushing the issue to post Andrea, but throughout the course of the game, Derozan was the number one option.

Against a bigger, less agile team like Detroit, Andrea should have a dinner with dessert against a rookie Drummond, and Munroe. I look to see Andrea dominating them both offensively, while Demar could have a game where he settles more outside because of the inside protection. Not to mention, Andrea takes advantage of younger guys on him.

Demar's athleticism and slashing ability really bothered Real Madrid, because they didn't have the athletic ability or energy to match-up against Demar, Lucas, and Amir.
    Last edited by ReubenJRD; Tue Oct 9th, 2012 at 07:46 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Agreed, they would need more outside threats if they want to trade for J.Smoove. I can't see a team being successful with little to no outside shooters.. Ross, JL3 and Lowry wouldn't cut it IMO

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i have and always will stand by "bargs is our best chance of 2 points" everytime he has the ball. unless he really doesn't fit in there is no way he is getting traded. 7 footers are getting massive money right now. he would be sent to the bench and unleashed on reserves before he was traded.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

D is a possibility.

But on O that starting lineup had 4 guys who could shoot the 3: Billups, Hamilton, Prince, and R. Wallace.

That was my only point: DD, SMith, ED, and JV can't shoot outside 18 feet consistently..... or at all.
    If you're gonna call Rip Hamilton a 3 point threat, then DeMar is too. Rip shot 26% from 3 in their championship season, and made 18 all year. DeMar shot 26% last season, and made 24. Given the shortened season, that's twice as many per game. Sheed was a a little better, but not much: 31% and 22 threes made on the season.

Post Thanks / Like

If you're gonna call Rip Hamilton a 3 point threat, then DeMar is too. Rip shot 26% from 3 in their championship season, and made 18 all year. DeMar shot 26% last season, and made 24. Given the shortened season, that's twice as many per game. Sheed was a a little better, but not much: 31% and 22 threes made on the season.
    I don't think percentages are such a concern from a players prospective. I think it's whether a guy is capable of hitting from the outside over the efficiency. Rip was 'capable' of hitting outside shots, Sheed was 'capable' of hitting outside shots.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes. Lets look at a group who played together for the better part of 6 seasons and only look at one season. That makes perfect sense. But even if we roll in the cherry picked season, there are still 4 guys in the starting lineup who hit over 30% of the 3 pointers attempted. In this hypothetical Raptor lineup, how many guys are going to hit over 30% of their threes? One? Yes, that is what I was saying originally.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information