Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bold Prediction

Bargs gets traded before anyone else.

The more i've seen of him since he came back from injury the more i think he's gone. The team will win under Casey's system but he doesn't fit it at all, and actually hinders it.
    @sweatpantsjer

Colangelo is never trading his goldenchild. Just hope he shows up for the regular season.
    Last edited by why_you_mad_tho; Tue Oct 9, 2012, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Casey has gone on record saying that Bargnani is the only player guaranteed a spot in the starting lineup. I don't see Colangelo shipping him.

Comment

Because of one pre-season game?

Comment

I personally feel that he will return to last seasons form if he can stay healthy. And I wouldn't want that guy traded away

Comment

In what way does he hinder the system?

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
              Bargs gets traded before anyone else.

The more i've seen of him since he came back from injury the more i think he's gone. The team will win under Casey's system but he doesn't fit it at all, and actually hinders it.
              after on preseason game..... i also remenber last year he had bas preseason games too

Comment

If he can bring back J Smoove I'm all for it.

Comment

IROR wrote: View Post
                  If he can bring back J Smoove I'm all for it.
                  Damn staight, that would be a dream scenario

Lowry, DeRozan, Smith, ED, and Val. That would be awesome.

When I pretend to be an armchair GM, I want to take it slow and steady, but whenever JS is involved, I always throw that out the window. Being a GM and resisting quick fixes must be hard

Comment

Fuchan wrote: View Post
                    Damn staight, that would be a dream scenario

Lowry, DeRozan, Smith, ED, and Val. That would be awesome.

When I pretend to be an armchair GM, I want to take it slow and steady, but whenever JS is involved, I always throw that out the window. Being a GM and resisting quick fixes must be hard
                    That would be an interesting starting lineup with just 1 player (Lowry) capable of hitting anything consistent outside 18 feet.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      That would be an interesting starting lineup with just 1 player (Lowry) capable of hitting anything consistent outside 18 feet.

Your right, we would certainly miss Barg's 3 point magic. We still have T Ross, Fields, and JL3 for that. Nothing against Bargs, but Josh is a killer

Comment

Fuchan wrote: View Post
                        Your right, we would certainly miss Barg's 3 point magic. We still have T Ross, Fields, and JL3 for that. Nothing against Bargs, but Josh is a killer
                        I was just remarking on the starting lineup you proposed. DD and JV would be neutralized with limited space to attack or roll. ED would have a crowded key to fight rebounds for. Smith would likely be unaffected.

Any lineup with Smith at SF would need a deep threat PF in my opinion (Bargnani or whoever).

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Man, substitute Ross/Fields in there for some shooting and better D and you've got a lineup that would have the potential to be as good on D as the Ben Wallace Pistons.

Comment

tkfu wrote: View Post
                            Man, substitute Ross/Fields in there for some shooting and better D and you've got a lineup that would have the potential to be as good on D as the Ben Wallace Pistons.
                            D is a possibility.

But on O that starting lineup had 4 guys who could shoot the 3: Billups, Hamilton, Prince, and R. Wallace.

That was my only point: DD, SMith, ED, and JV can't shoot outside 18 feet consistently..... or at all.

Comment

Bold prediction indeed.

Although, he was really good defensively last night, and overall his shot was off, but he hit some significant shots. I was very shocked as well. Early on, the the team was pushing the issue to post Andrea, but throughout the course of the game, Derozan was the number one option.

Against a bigger, less agile team like Detroit, Andrea should have a dinner with dessert against a rookie Drummond, and Munroe. I look to see Andrea dominating them both offensively, while Demar could have a game where he settles more outside because of the inside protection. Not to mention, Andrea takes advantage of younger guys on him.

Demar's athleticism and slashing ability really bothered Real Madrid, because they didn't have the athletic ability or energy to match-up against Demar, Lucas, and Amir.
                              Last edited by ReubenJRD; Tue Oct 9, 2012, 07:46 PM.
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                              X