Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: GAME THREAD: Double Dose of Detroit! Part 1 @ Detroit (Valanciunas debut?)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote akashsingh wrote: View Post
    +1, fucking nightmare offensively.
    +2

Please get rid of him so Acy can play.

Post Thanks / Like

I noticed that Drummond had a pretty decent night...

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    I noticed that Drummond had a pretty decent night...
    He did. I'm not sure he's gonna get that type of burn throughout the first bit of the season though, if at all this year. He played the last half of the 4th at least while Monroe was on the bench. 12-7-2blk-2stl Looks real good on my Dynasty team though, keep it up AD!

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

eh it was a good game. We pretty much played our bench the entire time and JLIII was lighting it up. I expect us to pummel the pistons when they come to T Dot.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If lowry was there it would've been a whole different story. i think K Low will really improve this team by leaps and bounds with his D, Shooting, insane drives and court vision. Can't wait to see him play

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Raptor_11;155750]I missed Val's first bucket was it any nice?[/QUOTE

not to shabby. caught it high and was still able to put up a soft bank shot

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So far it seems that: Knight & Drummond > Val & Ross.

How depressing.

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

nice to get a glimpse of Val tonight. Plenty of rolls to the bucket with a hand in the air but got the ball rarely (he was even open for a few of those). He kept the defender on him. Looking forward to more

Post Thanks / Like

Derozan was really good tonight. That dunk attempt on Munroe was a good sign that he's looking to kill you. Also, he had one sexy dunk off the euro step.

He's improved in a significant amount of things from my eye. His handle, defense on passing lanes, stronger, and aggressive mindset. He's really getting the calls.

Valanciunas impressed me with his length. I'm surprised not many people talked about his defense tonight, he worked extremely hard, and guys were starting to guess themselves when going at JV.

Calderon and Lucas were really nice too, both different styles, but both really work well together.

Bargnani seriously got on my nerves too much tonight. He doesn't use a single amount of his legs on jump-shots and free-throws, he's obviously out of shape.

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargnani and Calderon pick and roll defense .... yikes
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't let it bug you too much, he took the whole summer off to heal his calf and apparently ate all the carbonara in Rome. Its only training camp/preseason, aka time to get in shape. If he's still outta shape by hallowe'en then be annoyed.

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it was Bargnani's 2nd season when he came in relatively bigger than the previous season. I remember telling myself "he's fat". Overall, he didn't have a very good season.

I have a bad feeling about this year. He looks slower and flat footed. Either that, or he's just not trying because it's preseason.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Post Thanks / Like

Quote torch19 wrote: View Post
    I think it was Bargnani's 2nd season when he came in relatively bigger than the previous season. I remember telling myself "he's fat". Overall, he didn't have a very good season.

I have a bad feeling about this year. He looks slower and flat footed. Either that, or he's just not trying because it's preseason.
    Well, he's never had a great pre-season, but we'll see how he does come season tip-off vs. Indiana. That's where it's extremely important.

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Loved the sequence where Vala blocked Monroe without leaving his feet then busted his tail all the way down the court and cleared the lane for that vicious DeMar throw down. Brought a tear to my eye, when was the last time a raptor big was capable of that? Camby? Can't wait for KLow to get back in the mix for this team to gel.

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post

How depressing.
    I'm giving it one more year. If next time around Detroit again drafts the guy I want I'm officially becoming a Pistons fan.

Time to dust off the Grant Hill throwback.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post

How depressing.
    "So far" as in 1 preseason game? In that case, John Lucas looks better than Wade.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    I'm giving it one more year. If next time around Detroit again drafts the guy I want I'm officially becoming a Pistons fan.

Time to dust off the Grant Hill throwback.
    If there are a lot of guys you want in the draft, you should probably dust off one of these: http://blogs.westword.com/latestword...986%20home.jpg

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Vykis wrote: View Post
    If there are a lot of guys you want in the draft, you should probably dust off one of these: http://blogs.westword.com/latestword...986%20home.jpg
    I'm not sure what that means. The last 2 years when it's been the Raps turn to pick we passed on the guy I wanted at the position and Detroit took them. If they drafted Quincy Miller in the 2nd round it would've been game over.

Post Thanks / Like

couple things i noticed,

Ross: heck of a shooter and defender but needs to move without the ball more on offense. he's effectively taking himself out of the game by just standing around.
    DD: good hustle, tenacity. still can't defend worth a lick.
    flying V: moved around really well. couple nice blocks. he won't win rookie of the year much less be in the rookie/soph game but at the end of the day he's going to do some nice things and help the team win. i like what i saw in the 12 minutes or whatever he played.
    JL3: my dude. making jose more and more irrelevant.
    bargs: awful. was a complete pylon on defense.
    davis: c'mon man PULL IT TOGETHER
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    couple things i noticed,

Ross: heck of a shooter and defender but needs to move without the ball more on offense. he's effectively taking himself out of the game by just standing around.
    DD: good hustle, tenacity. still can't defend worth a lick.
    flying V: moved around really well. couple nice blocks. he won't win rookie of the year much less be in the rookie/soph game but at the end of the day he's going to do some nice things and help the team win. i like what i saw in the 12 minutes or whatever he played.
    JL3: my dude. making jose more and more irrelevant.
    bargs: awful. was a complete pylon on defense.
    davis: c'mon man PULL IT TOGETHER
    Valanciunas will be in the rookie/sophomore game. Book it.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information