Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME THREAD: Double Dose of Detroit! Part 1 @ Detroit (Valanciunas debut?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

minks77 wrote: View Post
    ...In fact it's really just glorified PRACTICE, yes, we talkin 'bout practice.

Ease up seen!
    True, true, true. People gotta get a grip.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Valanciunas will be in the rookie/sophomore game. Book it.
      Easy, no question about it
      Last edited by NoPropsneeded; Thu Oct 11, 2012, 06:22 PM.

Comment

I actually like what I've seen from Lucas so far. It's true he isn't a prototypical pass-first quarterback, but I like his veteran presence, his ability to create his own shot (as well as for others), and his outside shooting has been solid. He has taken a few ill-advised shots...but then again, who hasn't?

I wouldn't have any problem with Lucas playing 15-20 mpg if/when Calderon is traded. In a very young season so far, he's becoming my favourite roster sleeper.
        You're right that he's not a pass first pg, but he's a far cry from being a scorer like Bayless. JL3 imo cannot create his own shot...wasn't able to do it in Chicago and he's only taken horrible shots when he's tried to create for himself thus far in two preseason games. Just my opinion and I'm not ragging on the guy because of what I've seen in two maningless preseason games but just calling it as I see it. If we were to trade Calderon with the expectation that JL3 is the back up to Lowry I would be deeply, deeply disappointed.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
          I actually liked that play, it's 2 on 1, he's the scoring athletic guard running down with a rookie big man playing in his first game, the better play is to not pass and use V as distraction to not take a charge, and if you miss the likelihood is the 7 footer will get his hands on it for the putback.
          I guess I saw it as an opportunity to get his big man an easy bucket for running the floor so hard. Have to reward the bigs when they play hard.

Comment

torch19 wrote: View Post
            Bargnani and Calderon pick and roll defense .... yikes
            couple of days late with my comments to this but calderon got caught on every single pick, screen! I would have loved to be in the film room when they showed him at least 20 plays in one game where he couldn't get through the screen thus hurting the defense.

when contract negotiating come up and he puts up his 9 assist a game 12 pts they should put a highlight reel with all the baskets he gave up because he couldn't get through the screen and lol at whatever he is asking for.

Comment

The only problem with Lucas is he's a volume scorer. We just have to hope that when he's ice cold, Casey has the wisdom to pull him out of the game and leave him there. That was one of the biggest complaints I heard from friends who follow the Bulls closely. When he gets hot he can really light it up but on most nights if you leave him out too long he will single-handedly shoot your team out of the game.
              your pal,
              ebrian

Comment

I think eventually the team will realize JV's pick and roll game. If Jose and Amir have great PnR chemistry, imagine what JV could do. Any time he gets that ball close, he's going to try and explode for a dunk

Comment

Fuchan wrote: View Post
                  I think eventually the team will realize JV's pick and roll game. If Jose and Amir have great PnR chemistry, imagine what JV could do. Any time he gets that ball close, he's going to try and explode for a dunk
                  There were a few instances on Wednesday where Jonas could've been fed while rolling. It's almost as if his teammates weren't expecting him to free up so much space. That should change with more practice time together.

Comment

...It's almost as if his teammates weren't expecting him to free up so much space. That should change with more practice time together.
                    Big Plus One to that. It is so obvious when watching the game that anyone that looks for JV can boost their assist totals like crazy. His team mates will pick up on that by watching game tape.

Comment

Working...
                    X