This is the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is the year

This is the year for Bargnani to be traded.

From watching the preseason game, I can clearly see that Bargs have improved his defense but his offense has diminished and his stroke is not that smooth compare to his rookie campaign, possibly due to the fact he has gained 15IB of muscle over the summer or just sluggish in the preseason, god forbid he won't become the 2007-08 Bargs where he only scores 15ppg in that season with Bosh and O'neal on board. Give him till Midseason and we will see whether he will improve or not, if he does, that's great, makes the allstar, even better, if not, then Colangelo has to pull the trigger and trade him.

Here is two likely destination for him

TORONTO send Bargs + Calderon + Amir + 2013 2nd rounder
    ATLANTA send Josh Smith + Zaza Pachulia
    - We get Josh Smith who would compliment on DeRozan, Smith could play the 3 and 4, depends on Ed Davis' development, he would be perfect under Casey's system and become our franchise player when we sign him this offseason, he could potentially attract some FA this summer. Zaza would be a better backup than A.Gray but who knows.
    - Bargs is what the Hawks need at the PF spot, they don't have a natural PF, Smith was an undersized 4, more of a power 3, like Jeff Green. Bargs will provide the team with more spacing and some defense for the young Hawks. Calderon will be a great backup behind Teague while Amir, a solid backup behind Horford.

TORONTO send Bargs + Calderon + 2013 2nd rounder
    LA LAKERS send Paul Gasol + Steve Blake
    - We get Gasol, who I personally think he won't do that well with Nash and Howard on board and his aging fast, his skills will soon diminish after two season or so but by shedding two big contract for one contract sounds pretty good to me. Gasol will provide some key veteran leadership for this team and will provide some key mentorship for the young Valanciunas. S.Blake will be our 3rd string PG.
    - Bargs will do well as a Lakers, he will get a chance to play with 3 future hall of famer, basically the Lakers get a younger version of Gasol who can shoot the 3s from outside. Calderon will be able to backup Nash.

omg.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

How do you come up with this stuff? I zoned out after reading "From watching THE preseason game."

Quite the sample size

Comment

Sigh.... And people wonder why I think the trade proposal forum is dead...

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
          Sigh.... And people wonder why I think the trade proposal forum is dead...
          it ain't dead, this dudes keeping it alive. It just doesn't contain any good and/or realistic trade proposals

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
            it ain't dead, this dudes keeping it alive. It just doesn't contain any good and/or realistic trade proposals
            To be honest, I much rather it be dead than full of crappy trades that don't even work in the trade machine. At least let the trade proposal forum die peacefully and with some dignity :P

Comment

To be honest, I much rather it be dead than full of crappy trades that don't even work in the trade machine. At least let the trade proposal forum die peacefully and with some dignity :P
              +1 true these trades aren't good at all, no offense to the people that posts them

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                +1 true these trades aren't good at all, no offense to the people that posts them
                I wouldn't mind it if people posted bad trades once and a while, but this guy posts horrible trades that doesn't even work about once or twice every week. Frankly, we shouldn't be saying no offense since he's the one that's "offending" us with these idiotic trades....

Comment

If people stopped posting on these "bad trades" they would disappear into oblivion, and stop offending....D'oh! I just did it.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                    If people stopped posting on these "bad trades" they would disappear into oblivion, and stop offending....D'oh! I just did it.
                    lol you think tenforthewin will stop posting? Not on this universe... He actually believes his trades are amazing...

Comment

This is the year...

That we get Tenforthewin to stop posting!
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

lol you think tenforthewin will stop posting? Not on this universe... He actually believes his trades are amazing...
                        I think Puffer was referring to the people commenting on the trades, because if there is anything that works just as well as those trades it's the constant nagging about it. Those comments don't even work in the ESPN forum comment machine.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                          I think Puffer was referring to the people commenting on the trades, because if there is anything that works just as well as those trades it's the constant nagging about it. Those comments don't even work in the ESPN forum comment machine.
                          'Nagging' is too nice a word. How about 'Torture'?
                          Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Speaking of thoughtful, creative trade ideas...

How about this?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=9ho4da8

Boo ya!

Comment

madeupid25 wrote: View Post
                              Speaking of thoughtful, creative trade ideas...

How about this?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=9ho4da8

Boo ya!
                              I love how the trade machine says both teams get worse. I'm going to have to go back there and start playing. I wonder what the worse trade would look like. How many total games can you get both teams to decrease by?

Comment

Working...
                              X