X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors/Bulls/Mavericks

To Bulls: Jose Calderon, Amir Johnson, Vince Carter

To Raptors: Carlos Boozer, Rodrique Beanbois

To Mavericks: Marco Jaric, two future 2nd rounders(from Raptors)

WHY?

BULLS: In terms of talent, they give up the most for a variety of players that may not compare talent wise but a) in Jose they get a solid starting caliber PG and for exactly a year, the time that Rose will be out for. b) Flexibility at the end of season. Carlos Boozer is a good player but I'll be very surprised if they are not looking to get rid of his Contract.

RAPTORS: With Boozer on board, will instantly turn into contenders. Bargnani can be turned into the starting centre for now and when Jonas is ready to start, he(Bargs) can be traded and I think a deal that includes a 1 st rounder is not unreasonable to expect, So in effect they get Boozer, Beanbois and a 1 st rounder for Jose, Andrea,Amir and two 2 nd rounders. There should be other pieces too but the ones mentioned should be the most significant. Since Lucas is proving that he can ably handle the back up PG duties, Beanbois can be the third stringer.

MAVS: May give up a little more talent wise but a) Jaric's acquisition bolsters the PG position and being versatile he can be used as a SG/SF too. b) They'd rather have two future 2 nd rounders than Vince Carter.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

There were times last season that Boozer was benched in favour of Asik and Gibson. I don't like Boozer's contract, so no, I wouldn't do that deal. It wrecks our financial flexibility.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
      There were times last season that Boozer was benched in favour of Asik and Gibson. I don't like Boozer's contract, so no, I wouldn't do that deal. It wrecks our financial flexibility.
      With due respect to your opinion and very true observation of last year, it(last year) was one of Boozer's about 10 highly successful years in the NBA. The fact is, he simply hasn't been a good fit in Chicago. He may not be the Boozer of Cleveland and Utah but I think he still has a lot left in him. Injury is and has been a concern his entire career and it's a risk a team would have to take. It could hamper our future flexibility if we fail or make the deal look like a masterful one if we succeed.
      Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
        With due respect to your opinion and very true observation of last year, it(last year) was one of Boozer's about 10 highly successful years in the NBA. The fact is, he simply hasn't been a good fit in Chicago. He may not be the Boozer of Cleveland and Utah but I think he still has a lot left in him. Injury is and has been a concern his entire career and it's a risk a team would have to take. It could hamper our future flexibility if we fail or make the deal look like a masterful one if we succeed.
        I would rather have 20 point scoring, continuing to improve defensively, young Bargnani over, 'does he have anything left' Boozer.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
          I would rather have 20 point scoring, continuing to improve defensively, young Bargnani over, 'does he have anything left' Boozer.
          So would I. Bargnani is not part of my proposed deal. I suggested that he(Bargs) could be used as a trading chip when Jonas is ready. In other words, when Jonas and Boozer make a successful front court duo. If they do, Bargnani due to his ability to put up 20 a night and his improving defence becomes attractive to other GM's. Raps. can easily acquire a 1st rounder along with a couple of other valuable assets for him.
          Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
            So would I. Bargnani is not part of my proposed deal. I suggested that he(Bargs) could be used as a trading chip when Jonas is ready. In other words, when Jonas and Boozer make a successful front court duo. If they do, Bargnani due to his ability to put up 20 a night and his improving defence becomes attractive to other GM's. Raps. can easily acquire a 1st rounder along with a couple of other valuable assets for him.
            If Boozer didn't fit in Chicago, what makes you think he will fit in Toronto? Uptempo offense, defensive culture. Boozer's been in that kind of system for the last 2 years now, minus the fact their offense has been more half-court, yet he still doesn't fit great. The reason I made the comment to Bargnani > Boozer, is they can develop into a better front-court duo, because their skill-sets allow each other to play off of one another.

All in all - in my opinion of course - near minded trade. An older guy with possibly decent numbers 1-2 years going, hampers the financial flexibility, terrible contract that is extremely unattractive to GM's IF the trade is unsuccessful.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I actually wouldn't want to give up amir, and I think someone will wants Jose's expiring contract pretty soon (Knicks, Heat, guess the lakers are out)

Comment

Fuchan wrote: View Post
                I actually wouldn't want to give up amir, and I think someone will wants Jose's expiring contract pretty soon (Knicks, Heat, guess the lakers are out)
                Regarding Jose's expiring Contract, that seems to be the plan. BC has made it clear that he is looking.
                Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Boozer would be expecting starter minutes in any trade or else he'd become disgruntled. Andrea isn't really much of a spark plug as he needs to warm up before he gets going, so I don't see him as a 6th man.

So trading for Boozer would be great for Chicago, but I think would create issues in TO.

The other problem is that Boozer is already 30 years old.. we are a few years away from taking on vets with big contracts I think. I'd prefer to spend my money on a stud SF.

Now if you said Deng instead of Boozer, I'd be all over it.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Boozer would be expecting starter minutes in any trade or else he'd become disgruntled. Andrea isn't really much of a spark plug as he needs to warm up before he gets going, so I don't see him as a 6th man.

So trading for Boozer would be great for Chicago, but I think would create issues in TO.

The other problem is that Boozer is already 30 years old.. we are a few years away from taking on vets with big contracts I think. I'd prefer to spend my money on a stud SF.

Now if you said Deng instead of Boozer, I'd be all over it.
                    I consider Boozer a starter and a good one too. I think the Chicago system doesn't suit him, therefore the drop in his production. It is my opinion though.

Will it work out in Toronto? No guarantees. In fact no Trade is a guaranteed success for the involved team/s. Even someone as shrewd as BC can't guarantee success. Hedo and J O Neal are examples.

As far as Deng is concerned, I posted as I did 'cause we've had enough of the Gay, Iggy, Deng proposals in my opinion. Just went with something different. But for a bit of an attitude problem, I've always liked Boozer. I think the past two years are causing people to forget what he's capable of and quickly give up on him.
                    Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Raps run like bandits. Boozer will be a great backup for Andrea, solid veteran presence and a decent rebounder, lockerroom presence. Beaubois is an instant upgrade at the backup PG, he can play some 2 too any some given nights. Sweet deal! The Bulls got fleeced by the Raps just like how we fleeced them when we traded Antonio Davis + JYD for Jalen Rose and Donyell Marshall.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                        Raps run like bandits. Boozer will be a great backup for Andrea, solid veteran presence and a decent rebounder, lockerroom presence. Beaubois is an instant upgrade at the backup PG, he can play some 2 too any some given nights. Sweet deal! The Bulls got fleeced by the Raps just like how we fleeced them when we traded Antonio Davis + JYD for Jalen Rose and Donyell Marshall.
                        Funny how Antonio returned to the Raps., enabling flexibility that resulted in BC agreeing to be GM here. I remember all the hype surrounding BC's arrival which he lived up to for a while. Let's hope it's now the beginning of a bright new era for our Raptors.
                        Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

there are few players in the league i'd like less than boozer
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                          X