Slow starts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I agree that Lowry replacing Calderon, Fields replacing JJ/Butler and Valanciunas replacing Gray/Amir in the starting lineup should definitely improve the team's defense to start games, but I still don't see much offensive improvement (Lowry is better at creating his own shot, but Calderon is better feeding players, so it's a bit of a wash). Making Bargnani play inside more to start games (not settling for long jumpers) and seeing a more aggressive DeRozan, should hopefully help improve the team's 1st Quarter offense.

Regardless, I still expect to see the 2nd unit being counted on to makeup small deficits from the opening 6-10 minutes.
    I have not watched enough of Lowry to know if this is true but what drives me about Calderon in years past is too much holding the ball and no creation just waiting for guys to come off the screen. I'd like to see the ball pushed more (not necessarily by the dribble) and more movement of the ball of offense.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      I have not watched enough of Lowry to know if this is true but what drives me about Calderon in years past is too much holding the ball and no creation just waiting for guys to come off the screen. I'd like to see the ball pushed more (not necessarily by the dribble) and more movement of the ball of offense.
      +111111111111111111111
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        +1 Especially with the athleticism of the team, you've gotta take advantage.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
        X