Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sportsnet Raptors Preview

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Fuchan wrote: View Post
    It is a huge advantage, but it makes getting a higher seed all that much more important
    i think the finals should be as fairly set up as possible. they battled 3 rounds to get there, let the best team win

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If it were up to me I'd shorten preseason by 2 games, regular season by 8 but stretched over the same time period. I'd switch the 1st round to 5 games and the finals 2/2/1/1/1.

I think a season with less games would improve the on court product by increasing the value of each game and by reducing wear and tear on the players. That being said, I think lottery slots should be determined by a playoff of sorts, say a 3 round, one n done system with the winners getting first pick. Seeding would be teams with the closest records vs each other unlike playoffs where it's the most dissimilar teams facing off.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote minks77 wrote: View Post
    If it were up to me I'd shorten preseason by 2 games, regular season by 8 but stretched over the same time period. I'd switch the 1st round to 5 games and the finals 2/2/1/1/1.

I think a season with less games would improve the on court product by increasing the value of each game and by reducing wear and tear on the players. That being said, I think lottery slots should be determined by a playoff of sorts, say a 3 round, one n done system with the winners getting first pick. Seeding would be teams with the closest records vs each other unlike playoffs where it's the most dissimilar teams facing off.
    I agree about shortening the season, but the lottery playoff round is just bullshit, the shitty teams wouldnt win anything and they would be shitty for much longer because they couldnt get a high pick, IMO get rid of the lottery and just do a NFL style draft

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information