Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: NBA Rookie Thread!

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Barnes is gonna be nice is GS. Damn coin flip!!

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

T Rob has the springs! Dwight Howard should know to box out.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

OH SNAP! Move bitch Get out the way!

Post Thanks / Like

Austin Rivers injury:

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

lillard played great yesterday and take a look at cousins stat line, i know not a rookie but a pretty good 8 minutes.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Anthony Davis may lead all big men in turnovers this year if he continues to bring the ball low whenever he gathers himself. He was stripped twice yesterday and he seemed to be a lot more rushed afterwards.

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

barnes 16 points on 8 shots with seven boards tonight. watched it streamed, boring game. warriors seem to like running plays for him but he doesn't force anything. made some nice plays and passes. goodluck to him

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    Nice Drummond highlight.

The immediate problem with Drummond is that teams will start fouling him as soon as winning matters. Drummond shot below 30% from the free throw line in college, summer league, and pre-season.

That's incredibly bad. Even with a 50% immediate improvement, his FT% would be lower than the lowest FT% of all players who took 100 FT attempts last season.

Although I was hoping the Raptors would pick him when he dropped to 8, I was and I am still unclear whether he was worth the gamble.

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

how can professional have lower than 50% from ft.... I cannot understand how, it's possible. Only thing which comes to my mind is that hes not talented at all. Just a body, which is thrown in to the court to absorb balls under the basket... you can do it even without talent, just work your ass off, and you will hit them...
    Last edited by RandomGuy; Fri Oct 26th, 2012 at 01:26 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    how can professional have lower than 50% from ft.... I cannot understand how, it's possible. Only thing which comes to my head is that hes not talented at all. Just a body, which is thrown in to the court to absorb balls under the basket... you can do it even without talent, just work your ass off, and you will hit them...
    I think it might be a symptom of the developmental structure for big (athletic) players. They are so much taller and stronger than their opponents that the coaches and trainers just focus on getting the most out of this mismatch with opposing players. These coaches get their positions, salary and sponsorshipdeals because of the results they produce, not because of how well they develop and prepare young players. The amount of players entering the nba without sound fundamentals is staggering; there is something seriously wrong when big prospect bigs have bad (terrible) shooting mechanics and not a semblance of a post game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    I think it might be a symptom of the developmental structure for big (athletic) players. They are so much taller and stronger than their opponents that the coaches and trainers just focus on getting the most out of this mismatch with opposing players. These coaches get their positions, salary and sponsorshipdeals because of the results they produce, not because of how well they develop and prepare young players. The amount of players entering the nba without sound fundamentals is staggering; there is something seriously wrong when big prospect bigs have bad (terrible) shooting mechanics and not a semblance of a post game.
    But big men who are physical tend to live on the free throw line. Shooting free throws should be at the top of the list if a coach is simply honing in on a skill set.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Garbo wrote: View Post
    But big men who are physical tend to live on the free throw line. Shooting free throws should be at the top of the list if a coach is simply honing in on a skill set.
    Agree. You would think that anyone gifted enough to play in the NBA would have the skill set to learn how to put the ball in the net in a free throw situation, where all conditions are optimum, in the sense that there is nothing varying. Always the same distance, height and angle on the shot. Find something that works with your physical structure and then repeat 10,000 times. Hard to believe it's not possible. A player like Shaq could have increased his career scoring average by 3 points a game, if he could have got his shot to 80% from 53% (http://www.basketball-reference.com/...onealsh01.html)

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

------

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    ------
    Is that Morse code for Air Ball?

Post Thanks / Like

Waiters and Kryie have zero chemistry but holy crap did Waiters outplay Beal last night. Dude is such a bulldog, i love it.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

.._.._.._..
    Last edited by stretch; Wed Oct 31st, 2012 at 01:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

wrong thread bud
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

why do the raptors have shit in game sound effects during games? like when im watching on tv i wanna be able to hear the dunk not just see it.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lillard is totally the real deal! Would have loved to draft the kid! Against the Lakers tonight, 23 points, 11 assists and 3 rebounds. The only bad thing was that he had 6 turnovers, but rookies usually have more turnovers. It's gonna be a tight race to see who get the ROY award, Lillard or Davis. Sorry Val, but these two are pretty stiff competition!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't agree with it but JV did not make the top 5 on the ESPN NBA rookies class rankings.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/players/rookies/rankings
    Last edited by stretch; Thu Nov 1st, 2012 at 08:56 PM.

Thread Information