NBA Rookie Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Rookie Thread!

So, I'm throwing this idea out there selfishly because I'm always logging on here looking for something like it. I don't know about you guys, but I'm always browsing through the NBA boxscores checking the rookie stat lines. MKG had a pretty impressive first two games, followed by a one pointer in his third contest. Bradley Beal had a great game last night shooting something like 8 of 11..

Anyways, if you spot some young gun having a huge night post it here. This could likely turn into the case for ROY thread midseason..

I find this years rookie class really interesting and I'm pumped to see how they reshape the NBA landscape!

i am liking waiters. he is putting up some pretty efficient scoring games. kyrie/waiters/thompson/zeller should be really good in a couple years.

aside from jv i am hoping mkg takes the roy and will be following the cats just to watch him.

Comment

Lillard has looked goods so far as well, not shooting real well from 3, but 14.5 and 6 in 29 minutes is a good start.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
        ...but 14.5 and 6 in 29 minutes is a good start.
        Well...those aren't Valanciunas type numbers, but they're pretty good. :-)

Comment

I like Ross and think he will be a solid player but I think we should of either swung for MKG (taken on tyrus horrrrible contract - given up LK or ED) -- or drafted Drummond... yeah we already have JV but having 2 of the best C prospects on the same team would of been amazing

this year will definitely be interesting - tracking MKG, Drummond and Harrison Barnes would be cool -- damn the Nets for tanking so hard in the last game of the season

Comment

I am really interested to see Sullinger this year. I think he is going to thrive in Boston. Great coach, KG, and a winning culture.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
              I am really interested to see Sullinger this year. I think he is going to thrive in Boston. Great coach, KG, and a winning culture.
              Agreed. We fell into a lame spot in the draft. High enough that we couldn't justify taking chances, but low enough that the real "sure things" were gone. In a deep draft like this, I bet it was fun to be in Boston's shoes, or even Detroit having Drummond fall to them.

I don't, however, wish that we would have drafted Drummond. I feel like we would have just hampered both of their developments due to the lack of minutes going around. Verdict is still out on Ross. He could explode.

Comment

Garbo wrote: View Post
                Agreed. We fell into a lame spot in the draft. High enough that we couldn't justify taking chances, but low enough that the real "sure things" were gone. In a deep draft like this, I bet it was fun to be in Boston's shoes, or even Detroit having Drummond fall to them.

I don't, however, wish that we would have drafted Drummond. I feel like we would have just hampered both of their developments due to the lack of minutes going around. Verdict is still out on Ross. He could explode.
                Yeah if it was not for that damn coin toss...

I really do feel good about Ross though. I was critical of the decision initially (as I was for the JV pick) but his defense has been very surprising, and he is another outside threat.

It is going to be fun comparing Drummond and JV though, two rising big men in the league.

Comment

Look guys, it's 2 games, but I do see where you guys are going.

Lamb was still available, Rivers was still available. Actually, Rivers has been very solid, I really like what I've been seeing from him. He can score in so many ways, it's hard to stay in front of a guy who can shoot, and penetrate in multiple ways.

Lamb I haven't seen to much of, so I won't make a comment.

During the draft, I was a huge supporter of trying to draft Rivers, because I felt he was a very confident player, and his skill-set could really allow him to be a contributor right away. I really liked Ross, although I wasn't too pleased when we drafted him, but Summer League proved me wrong. Now? I'm starting to fall towards "we should've taken Rivers."
                  Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                    Look guys, it's 2 games, but I do see where you guys are going.

Lamb was still available, Rivers was still available. Actually, Rivers has been very solid, I really like what I've been seeing from him. He can score in so many ways, it's hard to stay in front of a guy who can shoot, and penetrate in multiple ways.

Lamb I haven't seen to much of, so I won't make a comment.
                    During the draft, I was a huge supporter of trying to draft Rivers, because I felt he was a very confident player, and his skill-set could really allow him to be a contributor right away. I really liked Ross, although I wasn't too pleased when we drafted him, but Summer League proved me wrong. Now? I'm starting to fall towards "we should've taken Rivers."
                    Are you talking about his pre-season, because he has not been good at all. For a shooter he has not hit a single 3 in his 4 games, is shooting under 31% from the floor and even his free-throw shooting is just at 70%. He has been playing over 30 minutes a night and has been pedestrian. I am sure he will turn it around a bit, but right now he is looking like he will need a season or two to get it together. While I have not been super impressed with Ross, he has made 4 of his 7 three pointers and his length is picking up steals on the defensive end fairly well, it will take him some time as well, but he should turn out to be a keeper.
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

yeah i was wrong about a few rookies so far it seems, but Rivers hasn't really looked good at all.

it could be they wanted to play him at pg so he's still adjusting, but all the things that bugged me about him in college he's still doing.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Davis, Lillard, Sullinger, Leonard and Barnes have all been as good as advertised, i think Sully really benefits being on that team and system, but nonetheless he's been balling.

Haven't seen Robinson, Beal or MKG.

Waiters has been extremely hit or miss. He either single handedly saves the team or kills them.

Drummond and Henson have been better than i expected.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                          Are you talking about his pre-season, because he has not been good at all. For a shooter he has not hit a single 3 in his 4 games, is shooting under 31% from the floor and even his free-throw shooting is just at 70%. He has been playing over 30 minutes a night and has been pedestrian. I am sure he will turn it around a bit, but right now he is looking like he will need a season or two to get it together. While I have not been super impressed with Ross, he has made 4 of his 7 three pointers and his length is picking up steals on the defensive end fairly well, it will take him some time as well, but he should turn out to be a keeper.
                          Both aren't getting the amount of minutes that they can really use to go out there and show. I feel Rivers has a better offensive game.
                          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Rivers has been really depressing. 0-11 from 3 and 12-39 overall.
                            Royce white has a decent debut. Only 7 points 3 rebounds, hopefully he can do well. I like beal and mkg so far, there playing like expected. I think waiters is a bust, don't like him at all.

Comment

Waiters is either going to be a poor man's dwayne wade or ben gordon 2.0. we'll see.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                              X