CB4 In No Rush to Leave T.O.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CB4 In No Rush to Leave T.O.

Ahhh .... a refreshing read for a change. I won't be naive to think something still couldn't happen with respect to Bosh being dealt, but comments from him and Colangelo are definitely encouraging to read.

We're finally reaping the benefits of the Bargnani/Bosh combo that if we were to tear them apart now I think both would struggle on their own.

But the NBA rumour mill never stops. Before Bosh left for New York, the Raptors' all-star forward was asked if he expected to be traded. He said simply: “I doubt it.”

Asked if he wanted to be dealt, the pending free agent was more emphatic. “No, no, no, no,” he said.

Told of Bosh's comments, team president Bryan Colangelo said he wasn't surprised, adding his position regarding his team's most valuable player hasn't varied. “I have no intention to move him and have absolutely every intention to keep him long term,” he said.

Colangelo added he expects Raptors owner Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment Ltd. is prepared to become a tax team if it's required to maintain a competitive position in the NBA's Eastern Conference.

“They want to win and they're committed,” Colangelo said. “I'll leave it at that.”
    Source - Click here

There's light at the end of the tunnel! Finally a legitimate post that doesn't make every Raptors fan want to jump off a ledge!

Comment

If the teacher's fund is really prepared to become a tax team then Colangelo can pick up loads of talent at the deadline. The Raps have several expiring deals and several players with moderate-sized contracts like Turkoglu and Calderon, as well as young players like Weems and DDR.

Comment

Fax this to ESPN STAT! They'll have an article up within the hour citing sources that say Bosh wants out NOW.

Comment

Chisholm: Continued success by raps could keep bosh in to

It's nice to see that a lot of media outlets are beginning to realize that CB4 is not going anywhere before the deadline.

It's finally beginning to happen.

It may be just a trickle at the moment, but the U.S. basketball press is finally starting to acknowledge the idea that Chris Bosh won't be headed south next month, and a renegade few are even taking in the notion of him sticking in Canada for the next six years.

While some of the bigger outfits (*cough*ESPN*cough*) have thrown too much reputational weight behind their insistence that Bosh is desperate to leave one of North America's most cosmopolitan cities to simply give up the goat now, more and more basketball blogs are turning the other way. It couldn't have come at a better time, either, because the Raptors are playing some of the best basketball they've ever played – like, seriously ever.
          The rest of the article touches on why Raps fans should be optimistic for the future. A good article by Tim Chisholm.

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=308279

Comment

Brandon wrote: View Post
            If the teacher's fund is really prepared to become a tax team then Colangelo can pick up loads of talent at the deadline. The Raps have several expiring deals and several players with moderate-sized contracts like Turkoglu and Calderon, as well as young players like Weems and DDR.
            It's happened before! I still like Calderon (+parts) for Iggy!
            (Even though, Calderon is the Raps best PG - IMO)

MLSE was a tax-paying team in the years after the Raptors had their first playoff run with Vince Carter. The Raptors were willing to pay whatever it took to keep that team together and bring in more talent. Just because that didn’t work out as planned is no reason to believe the owners won’t do it again now.
            Chris Bosh: No, He’s Not Leaving the Raptors!

Spend Colangelo Spend! Give the Raps their chance to join the East's elite!
            The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

If the Suns are about to reload and they're over the whole Colangelo leaving thing then Nash and J-Rich are both guys who should be considered. Nash would bring the team to a new level and J-Rich would merely fill a hole. I'm not saying they should deal for both but one or the other would make some sense.

Comment

If the raps are looking to add pay roll and make a big move I really hope its not getting Nash or J-Rich.

Nash is playing as well as he ever has and I wouldn't say no to trade especially if it was financially motivated on the part of the Suns (ie we get him for next to nothing). As far as progressing as a team, I don't see how he addresses any of our weaknesses. J-rich is simply a more athletic Kapono, a perennial loser. I can't stand him.

I hope if Bry is going to go get someone, it is to fill a need and not just addition for additions sake. I feel the raps signed Hedo because they could, not because he was the best fit and I feel the same way about a potential Nash trade.

Iggy or Butler make us a contending squad, Nash makes us really really exciting. Either way I wouldn't be too upset, but it certainly looks like there are more chinks in the Eastern elite then previously thought.

Its funny how quickly the raps went from potential firesale to a major buyer in a sellers market. You gotta love the NBA!

Comment

Working...
                X