Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm calling it now: sometime before the trade deadline, Jose's ending up in Dallas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm calling it now: sometime before the trade deadline, Jose's ending up in Dallas

Why?

Delonte West just got suspended for 'conduct detrimental to the team', reportedly due to a locker room blowup over nothing after a preseason game, which probably means his bipolar disorder is acting up again. Dallas is gonna want some extra stability at the PG position, because West was basically their only backup (Beaubois is more of an off guard), and Collison is even less of a starting-caliber NBA PG than Jose is.

Only problem is that Dallas doesn't have $10 mil in salary that they can send back that the raps would actually want, so a 3rd team would probably have to get involved. So I don't have a good suggestion of how exactly this ends up going down.

Thoughts?

It's possible. I could even see Jose just remaining here until his contract expires. We would have a nice chunk of money at the end of the season and a solid PG rotation for when we make the playoffs . Maybe then we'd resign Jose to a cheap deal and he can finish his career with the raps in the same way Jamal Magloire is doing now.

If we trade Jose we are one PG injury from sucking... again.

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
      ...If we trade Jose we are one PG injury from sucking... again.
      And then there goes the pick. If something solid doesn't come back...and by that I mean a piece the Raps would like to keep...then just hold onto him and enjoy the cap space next summer.

Comment

Collison is a pretty good guard. I don't see them wanting Jose, regardless of what's happened with West.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
          Collison is a pretty good guard. I don't see them wanting Jose, regardless of what's happened with West.
          Collison WAS a good guard (in his rookie year), and has been steadily declining ever since. It doesn't seem too far-fetched to think that Cuban may not be 100% confident in his abilities, especially when compared to players like Kidd, Barea and Terry that he's used to.

Comment

Collison was the second best if not the best pacers player throughout the playoffs
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Collison was the second best if not the best pacers player throughout the playoffs
              That doesn't really explain why they feel Hill is the better option going forward.

Comment

i think its more of a money thing than they want to get rid of him because of talent or whatever
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Not even close to true, Hill took over and started all 11 Indiana playoff games and played very well, Collison had a couple very good games, but had a few less than stellar ones as well. If your best player put up 9 points and 3 assists no way you get out of the first round.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I don't know. I really see Jose Calderon being a Raptor all the way through this season.

If a deal were to happen, BC will only take it if it's working towards the financial flexibility and or we are acquiring an asset, key piece i.e. Rudy Gay.
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

The only sure thing is that Jose will start the season as a Toronto Raptor. If the team starts well and is a surprise team in the East then Colangelo will want to bottle that lightning for as long as he can (if his job is not on the line his reputation certainly is) and may even try to sign him. If it's the same old results we've become accustomed to then Jose is expendible.

Comment

considering DeRozan will most likely be testing the free agent market at the end of the season (according too hoopshhype), you know BC will consider packaging calderon with DeRozan too net a star 3 guard ( ie gay, harden) nearing the trade deadline. It seems this is inevitable, and possibly the best way the raps can land their star 3 guard.

Comment

What does Dallas have that a) the Raptors want (no 1st round pick to offer, no desirable contracts) and b) fits what the Raptors are trying to do long term?

The only way Jose ends up in Dallas is via a buyout or a third team is brought in to the mix.

Comment

codean wrote: View Post
                            considering DeRozan will most likely be testing the free agent market at the end of the season (according too hoopshhype), you know BC will consider packaging calderon with DeRozan too net a star 3 guard ( ie gay, harden) nearing the trade deadline. It seems this is inevitable, and possibly the best way the raps can land their star 3 guard.
                            Every RFA tests the market. Hibbert signed with Portland. Gordon signed with Phoenix. DeRozan can test all he wants but at the end of the day the Raptors have the right to match any contract unless they renounce his rights.

Comment

Can you explain how Calderon+DeRozan nets a player like Rudy Gay or James Harden? This sounds interesting to me.

Why stop there.. let's package Alan Anderson and Amir Johnson for Lebron James.
                              your pal,
                              ebrian

Comment

Working...
                              X