Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Steve Nash: 'I was very close' to joining Raptors

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Steve Nash: 'I was very close' to joining Raptors

I know this is very "whatever" news right now since everyone is happy with getting Lowry over Nash, but I thought this was something a little bit interesting and decided to share.

http://www.portagedailygraphic.com/2...oining-raptors

Post Thanks / Like

Had we signed Nash. We still would've been able to pull off the Lowry trade I believe. Correct me If I'm mistaken.

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So basically we are the nice average looking girl whom he sprung for the hotter girl and then tells us "oh you know I was close to being with you but damn that hot b1tch offered to go home with me so I ditched you!!"

I hope you have fun Nash when Kobe chews you out to the media like he does all his team-mates, the Raptors are better off with Lowry.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hotshot wrote: View Post
    So basically we are the nice average looking girl whom he sprung for the hotter girl and then tells us "oh you know I was close to being with you but damn that hot b1tch offered to go home with me so I ditched you!!"

I hope you have fun Nash when Kobe chews you out to the media like he does all his team-mates, the Raptors are better off with Lowry.
    +1. Although, I really hope Nash wins a ring, and I have nothing but respect for the best Canadian player to ever play the game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    +1. Although, I really hope Nash wins a ring, and I have nothing but respect for the best Canadian player to ever play the game.
    Oh I agree with you, I hope Steve Nash does win a ring (even though When L.A got Howard they became my most hated team even more hated then Miami). But don't feed me B.S that you almost went there, because we all know that at the begining it was a financial decision (Raptors offered the most money) but when L.A made an offer it became a championship decision.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I agree with you, I hope Steve Nash does win a ring (even though When L.A got Howard they became my most hated team even more hated then Miami). But don't feed me B.S that you almost went there, because we all know that at the begining it was a financial decision (Raptors offered the most money) but when L.A made an offer it became a championship decision.
    Yeah. That actually says there wasn't a team that was really in his eyes that said "championship"...

Until the Lakers came up and offered for him.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

somebody call the waaaaaaah-mbulance!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote nubreed000 wrote: View Post
    somebody call the waaaaaaah-mbulance!
    I rather call your mother.

Post Thanks / Like

Not necessary Hotshot. Ease up bud.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Good article. Confirmed what most people thought. It was pretty hard for him to turn an offer from LA down. Lots of money, close to his kids and a very high likelihood of a ring. I don't blame him.

Post Thanks / Like

Nash is no idiot. This is all PR.

I have no problem with him taking his best shot at a title, but what does bother me is the fact that the Lakers can still outspend everyone else in the league despite the CBA. Might as well admit the fact that the NBA is more like European football than the NFL, and abandon the so-called salary cap.
    Last edited by KHD; Tue Oct 16th, 2012 at 10:56 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

PR release. read nothing into it.

Raptors Republic Starter pesterm1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I strongly disagree that the Lakers are the most hated. I also dont think they are more hated then MIAMI. What the lakers did this year is so much different than what MIAMI did(lots of lying and planing).
    I dont even think that many people hate the lakers as much as they hate Howard.

Post Thanks / Like

Due to the way Howard handled that whole saga I hope he never wins a championship in his lifetime. If that means Nash doesn't win one either so be it. These PR stories are just here to take the edge off that some people have since they feel burned for him not coming to play for the raptors. I just found it ironic that they had Wayne Gretzky record a video to entice him to come to Toronto when a lot of those same burned fans dislike gretz for going to LA and then burning the Leafs in the WCF that one year. Maybe they should have got Daryl Sittler to record the video instead.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KHD wrote: View Post
    Nash is no idiot. This is all PR.

I have no problem with him taking his best shot at a title, but what does bother me is the fact that the Lakers can still outspend everyone else in the league despite the CBA. Might as well admit the fact that the NBA is more like European football than the NFL, and abandon the so-called salary cap.
    Would it still bother you if the fabulously wealthy owners of the Raptors, who could buy the Lakers, Knicks, Yankees, and still have enough left over to buy ze Cleveland Browns, decided to spend as much or more on salaries as those teams?

In other words, are you a principled opponent of players getting lots of money, or are you just mad that the Buss family is willing to spend for winning teams, and your favourite team's owners are not?

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Brandon wrote: View Post
    Would it still bother you if the fabulously wealthy owners of the Raptors, who could buy the Lakers, Knicks, Yankees, and still have enough left over to buy ze Cleveland Browns, decided to spend as much or more on salaries as those teams?

In other words, are you a principled opponent of players getting lots of money, or are you just mad that the Buss family is willing to spend for winning teams, and your favourite team's owners are not?
    Don't forget about the Lakers $3-billion dollar tv contract.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/oct...rs-tv-20121007

(BTW, the click is worth it for the above article. Nuts.)

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

While I am a great admirer of Nash (for more than his basketball skills) I am quite pleased with the status quo. The bottom line is this is his life and while he made the Raptors a secondary choice he hasnt given up on helping Canada Basketball and his other endeavours here. With the Raptors as currently constituted imo Lowry will be a better fit for a longer period (major area being defense). I wouldnt be surprised if Nash joined the front office here after he retires.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    While I am a great admirer of Nash (for more than his basketball skills) I am quite pleased with the status quo. The bottom line is this is his life and while he made the Raptors a secondary choice he hasnt given up on helping Canada Basketball and his other endeavours here. With the Raptors as currently constituted imo Lowry will be a better fit for a longer period (major area being defense). I wouldnt be surprised if Nash joined the front office here after he retires.
    +1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Brandon wrote: View Post

No, i am not against players getting money. I just dislike the fact that NBA officials saying that the CBA is designed for financial fair play and league balance, when in reality its just a cash-grab, since the rich will still pay.

Look at Manchester City, PSG, Anzhi in soccer, and then consider LA and their TV deal. The Lakers will always be able to spend.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just saying we should drop the charade

Thread Information