No announcement yet.

Outlook on Terrence Ross?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It frustrates me people are talking like this (saying they want Austin Rivers -- WTF?) only 3 games into the preseason. If you watched any Washington NCAA games last year you can tell this kid has the killer instinct on offense. People talk about his shooting and defending, but often forget about his athletic and finishing ability. He dunks HARD, and has an extraordinary leaping ability. He simply isn't very involved in the offense ATM, because he's not having plays run for him. That's expected for a rookie.

He has some Vince and T Mac in him. Not saying he'll be that good, but he can be.

Comment

T Ross will be huge off the bench for us

Comment

Being NBA ready is something that is appealing to me. Jonas has proven he's far more NBA ready than people thought, if anything the most NBA ready rookie in the league so far from watching GS, POR, CHA, and NO.

Terrence seems like a project right now, but can turn into a really good player, I just hope that once season starts, we'll see the offense more consistently. Defense has exceeded my expectations.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I think we haven't seen enough to really pass judgement on Ross. I mean, we've only seen him for a handful of sets really, and these were his first opportunities to play against NBA competition. We'll just have to wait and see, but so far, he's at least looking like he can play some decent D on the wing, which is nice.

Comment

Ross is not the Answer

I expect he will not be in Casey's 8-9 men rotation.

Lowry, DeRozan, Fields, Bargs, Val, Davis, Amir, Calderon

Questionable
            Lucas, Kleiza, Anderson, Ross

Benchwarmers or Sub for the Injured
            Gray, Acy, Magloire???

So, what will Ross stats be at the end of the season if he's not in the lineup, I just hope he scores at least 6ppg and finish something like 7.5ppg in his rookie season unless one of DeRozan or Fields is traded but we will see.

Should've picked Royce White, Terrence Jones, Maurice Harkless, Andre Drummond, or Andrew Nicholsson but then again if and only if we win the coin toss with the Warriors, we would be getting Barnes with Fields come off the bench.

I like Ross but he would probably flourish on another team where they desperately need a 2 guard. Maybe Colangelo will package him and Calderon for a star-caliber 3 when trade deadline comes around.

Comment

What the heck

It's only preseason ffs and he's been injured

Casey's gonna play him more in the last few games to get a good idea of where he should be, either if it's in the rotation or not

Calm down dude now is not the time to overreact
              TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post

Questionable

Gray, Acy, Magloire???

So, what will Ross stats be at the end of the season if he's not in the lineup, I just hope he scores at least 6ppg and finish something like 7.5ppg in his rookie season unless one of DeRozan or Fields is traded but we will see.

Should've picked Royce White, Terrence Jones, Maurice Harkless, Andre Drummond, or Andrew Nicholsson but then again if and only if we win the coin toss with the Warriors, we would be getting Barnes with Fields come off the bench.

I like Ross but he would probably flourish on another team where they desperately need a 2 guard. Maybe Colangelo will package him and Calderon for a star-caliber 3 when trade deadline comes around.
                I answered similarly in the other thread .. but the key thing you are missing is that DD and Fields cant shoot from distance .. so you will need to have someone in at the 2/3 playing consistent minutes who can actually shoot. Ross is the obvious answer to me .. with Jose getting some spot duty at 2 and LK some at 3/4

Comment

What in the drugs are you talking about?!?!

Can you imagine - Dwayne Casey to BriCo. 'yeah so this rookie hasn't worked out during a couple of minutes in a pre-season game...I know, I know you picked him 8th. I'm just saying let's just cut him now and see if we can move on this Adam Morrison kid, he was great during the pre-season!'

Look, sorry to hate on, that was rude. But it's like when people saw the first JV game, it's ok for the kid not to get it right away takes a bit of time. Now look, he has a decent game and throws down on Amare and he's our favorite again. I think it's important to stay grounded during the pre-season. Sure it gives us a little insight as to what we may be previewing, but the coaches care more about trying and implementing new systems while the cost of a win isn't as great. Just watch, our boy Ross will be back at it again in no time
                  i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

pillowmint wrote: View Post
                    What in the drugs are you talking about?!?!
                    Tenforthewin, change your name to tenforthebaggie, 'cause you must be smoking something illegal with thread ideas and trades that you've been coming up with lately.

Just saying.....
                    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Th0m79 wrote: View Post
                      I think we haven't seen enough to really pass judgement on Ross. I mean, we've only seen him for a handful of sets really, and these were his first opportunities to play against NBA competition. We'll just have to wait and see, but so far, he's at least looking like he can play some decent D on the wing, which is nice.
                      More than decent D in my opinion, if things don't work out offensively, he has the potential to be a stopper, he works extremely hard on the defensive end, and has the athleticism to get up and put it on the stat sheet.
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

...Should've picked Royce White, Terrence Jones, Maurice Harkless, Andre Drummond, or Andrew Nicholsson...
                        I noticed the wink, therefore I know you were not suggesting that you know more than the entire Raptors brain trust, nor were you suggesting that they didn't simply pick wrong, but ignored the 5 other guys that were a better choice.

I get it. These other guys thought you were serious. It's good to have a sense of humour. :-)

Comment

Questionable

Gray, Acy, Magloire???

Wow man. First of off. Give the guy a chance to do his thing. He is a great pickup. Secondly Royce is afraid to fly so how the heck will he get to his games! Thirdly, Barnes is not playing that well so far in preseason. Fields is killing it by trying hard and trying to earn his keeps. He is way, way better than Barnes! Drummond is a good player but he is not getting attacked like he would in a real game. Bigs don't want to get hurt in a pre season as they don't want to get hurt in a meaningless game.

Chill until things get going and then say all this if things don't work out this year!

Just my opinion by the way!

Comment

Questionable

Gray, Acy, Magloire???

Toronto fans ladies and gentlemen !

Comment

i don't like picking on you because you try hard but this one is confusing me. i want to know where the phantom 1.5 ppg come from

Comment

You are correct Ross isn't the answer.... Allen Iverson is! lol

Comment

Working...
                                X