Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Outlook on Terrence Ross?

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    ...Should've picked Royce White, Terrence Jones, Maurice Harkless, Andre Drummond, or Andrew Nicholsson...
    I noticed the wink, therefore I know you were not suggesting that you know more than the entire Raptors brain trust, nor were you suggesting that they didn't simply pick wrong, but ignored the 5 other guys that were a better choice.

I get it. These other guys thought you were serious. It's good to have a sense of humour. :-)

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I expect he will not be in Casey's 8-9 men rotation.

Lowry, DeRozan, Fields, Bargs, Val, Davis, Amir, Calderon

Questionable
    Lucas, Kleiza, Anderson, Ross

Benchwarmers or Sub for the Injured
    Gray, Acy, Magloire???

So, what will Ross stats be at the end of the season if he's not in the lineup, I just hope he scores at least 6ppg and finish something like 7.5ppg in his rookie season unless one of DeRozan or Fields is traded but we will see.

Should've picked Royce White, Terrence Jones, Maurice Harkless, Andre Drummond, or Andrew Nicholsson but then again if and only if we win the coin toss with the Warriors, we would be getting Barnes with Fields come off the bench.

I like Ross but he would probably flourish on another team where they desperately need a 2 guard. Maybe Colangelo will package him and Calderon for a star-caliber 3 when trade deadline comes around.
    Wow man. First of off. Give the guy a chance to do his thing. He is a great pickup. Secondly Royce is afraid to fly so how the heck will he get to his games! Thirdly, Barnes is not playing that well so far in preseason. Fields is killing it by trying hard and trying to earn his keeps. He is way, way better than Barnes! Drummond is a good player but he is not getting attacked like he would in a real game. Bigs don't want to get hurt in a pre season as they don't want to get hurt in a meaningless game.

Chill until things get going and then say all this if things don't work out this year!

Just my opinion by the way!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I expect he will not be in Casey's 8-9 men rotation.

Lowry, DeRozan, Fields, Bargs, Val, Davis, Amir, Calderon

Questionable
    Lucas, Kleiza, Anderson, Ross

Benchwarmers or Sub for the Injured
    Gray, Acy, Magloire???

So, what will Ross stats be at the end of the season if he's not in the lineup, I just hope he scores at least 6ppg and finish something like 7.5ppg in his rookie season unless one of DeRozan or Fields is traded but we will see.

Should've picked Royce White, Terrence Jones, Maurice Harkless, Andre Drummond, or Andrew Nicholsson but then again if and only if we win the coin toss with the Warriors, we would be getting Barnes with Fields come off the bench.

I like Ross but he would probably flourish on another team where they desperately need a 2 guard. Maybe Colangelo will package him and Calderon for a star-caliber 3 when trade deadline comes around.
    Toronto fans ladies and gentlemen !

Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i don't like picking on you because you try hard but this one is confusing me. i want to know where the phantom 1.5 ppg come from

Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You are correct Ross isn't the answer.... Allen Iverson is! lol

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This guy is such a troll. Have you guys noticed that he never replies after he makes his threads? he's trolling you guys big time. I take everything he says with a grain of salt.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RAPresenting wrote: View Post
    You are correct Ross isn't the answer.... Allen Iverson is! lol
    Lmfao

Post Thanks / Like

Tenforthewin threads are the not the answer.

Raptors Republic Starter torch19's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    More than decent D in my opinion, if things don't work out offensively, he has the potential to be a stopper, he works extremely hard on the defensive end, and has the athleticism to get up and put it on the stat sheet.
    I agree. He really chases people on the defensive side. I compared how Demar was guarding Rudy Fernandez & co. to how Ross was guarding them. Chasing those guys off screens must be really annoying and Real Madrid was very efficient at running those types of sets. Ross knows how to play defense, Demar is being forced to play D. The way they position themselves, the way they get around screens, the way they move their feet.

I've been impressed with his defense more than anything else. Right now, I don't see him doing much offensively except for spotting up and the occasional leak out
    Last edited by torch19; Mon Oct 22nd, 2012 at 12:19 AM.
    “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Post Thanks / Like

my only real issue at this point of the game is he needs to add some getting to the rim to his game. needs to work harder at getting to the free throw line. he's too one dimensional offensively. that's 1 more dimension than Demar had in his first year though.

otherwise his shooting and defense has been great. i really look forward to seeing him progress.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Tenforthewin threads are the not the answer.
    They are the question

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    They are the question
    Or simply questionable.

I enjoy your threads TenForTheWin so please continue!

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ross and DeRozan should just combine into one player...

Or at least try to learn from each other and incorporate aspects of each other's game in practice...
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
    Ross and DeRozan should just combine into one player...

Or at least try to learn from each other and incorporate aspects of each other's game in practice...
    If they did, they would create like T Mac or somethin.

Raptors Republic Rookie madeupid25's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I enjoy your threads TenForTheWin so please continue!

+ 1

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Top5Pick wrote: View Post
    Toronto fans ladies and gentlemen !
    Hey hey hey! Don't associate this guy with us Toronto fans! Tenforthewin is an outlier, so therefore shouldn't be included in the image of Toronto Raptors fans...

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    my only real issue at this point of the game is he needs to add some getting to the rim to his game. needs to work harder at getting to the free throw line. he's too one dimensional offensively. that's 1 more dimension than Demar had in his first year though.

otherwise his shooting and defense has been great. i really look forward to seeing him progress.
    Do you know what would be great? Let's just create a teleportation machine and put both Ross and Demar in it. And we get a good outside shooter and a good attacker

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information