Thread: Toronto/Denver/Chicago

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Toronto/Denver/Chicago

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=9slh7y2

Toronto Sends: Calderon, Bargnani, Davis
    Toronto Receives: Deng, Faried, $10M TPE (Denver)

Rational:
    The Raps get their stud SF. Assuming Memphis makes Gay untouchable, the only stud SF that I see on the market potentially is Deng (Iggy just got traded to Denver, JSmoove is more of a 4, Batum just got resigned by Portland). I love Faried's game. He's only 6'7 but is tenacious. Can easily give you a double/double and is only in his second year so his young (22) and in a rookie contract. The $10M TPE could also be used to help land a SG in case DeMar signs an offer sheet with another team in the off season, and Toronto doesn't match.

Chicago Sends: Deng, $3.2M TPE
    Chicago Receives: Calderon, Brewer, Davis

Rational:
    The Bulls are nearing luxury tax territory, and even if they considered amnestying Boozer they would have to owe him his salary still (and I doubt Reinsdorf would want to pay a guy to go away). Rose may be out for the year, and they have depth issues (they lost Asik, Brewer, and Korver this year). This trade nets them a starting caliber point guard, a young PF that gives them depth and a wing that Thibs would probably love to have on his team.

Denver Sends: Faried, Brewer, $10M TPE
    Denver Receives: Bargnani, $3.2M TPE (Chicago)

Rational:
    Bargnani's market is probably thin in the league. He needs to play with a center who is defensively stellar (ie, has great weak side defense and plays back to the basket)...

I considered only three teams that would work for Bargnani:
    - LAL with Howard - however they already have Gasol and no assets to give back in a trade.
    - Philly with Bynum, however I don't see any assets that I like plus they are in our division.
    - Denver who has both McGee and Iggy (for rebounding/defense). I actually think Denver would be a perfect spot for Andrea. He gets to play with Gallo.. would be a good complement to McGee who is a great weak-side defender. I think Denver would have the perfect blend of offense and defense with Andrea.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Barring some areas, in my opinion this is a good Trade. The only parts that I disagree with is that Toronto I think is getting a little too much and Denver isn't getting enough. The change that I would make is let Denver keep it's $10M TPE which I think makes it fair for all teams. Overall though, good job.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
    Barring some areas, in my opinion this is a good Trade. The only parts that I disagree with is that Toronto I think is getting a little too much and Denver isn't getting enough. The change that I would make is let Denver keep it's $10M TPE which I think makes it fair for all teams. Overall though, good job.
    Thanks! The TPE is needed or else Denver would have to unload an additional $5M+ salary in order to be able to do that trade. (Bargnani = $10M, Brewer+Faried = $4.5M)

The only thing I'm still unsure of is if the package would be good enough for Deng. Chicago already has two PF's in Boozer and Gibson, so Davis doesn't really offer much.

I'd be willing to swap Davis with Ross to give Chicago two wings (Ross + Brewer) with Calderon, plus throw in one or both 2nd round picks. Fields can then backup DeMar at the SG spot. Ross would be enticing (rookie with promise, can shoot from the outside and has a defensive IQ). Big gamble to trade a lottery pick but Deng is a sure thing, IMO. By including Ross instead of Davis though, we'd still have a logjam at PF with Davis, Amir, Faried, and Acy (not to mention Kleiza).

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Wonder if it'll work if the $10M TPE is sent to Chicago and the 3.2 to Denver as you've posted with Toronto receiving nothing. I say this 'cause getting Deng and a bright prospect like Faried for Jose. Andrea and Davis is fair enough a deal for Toronto and any more would be a little too much.

As far as Chicago's PF log jam is concerned, yes Boozer and Gibson would handle PF duties but Davis in my opinion could still fit in as he can play Centre and back up Noah. I wouldn't give up an untried Ross.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if Denver would really trade Faried for Bargs. Isn't Denver really high on Faried as their future PF? I'm not apposed to the trade, but I think Denver needs more motivation to trade Faried...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    Not sure if Denver would really trade Faried for Bargs. Isn't Denver really high on Faried as their future PF? I'm not apposed to the trade, but I think Denver needs more motivation to trade Faried...
    Bargnani is an enigma.. can never figure out what his worth is in the league. Denver is high on Faried, but they are playoff contenders.. would they want to ride their chances on such a young player, or would they want a more veteran guy that has a tonne of offensive skill?

To sweeten the pot, I'd consider doing a trade like this instead:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8jh7a8g

Same idea as before except:

Toronto: Deng, Faried, $10M TPE (Denver)
    Chicago: Calderon, DeRozan, Koufos
    Denver: Bargnani, Davis, $3M TPE (Chicago), 2nd rounder from Toronto.

Denver would get more depth at PF this way and an extra pick. Chicago would gain depth at PG, SG and Center with that trade, and save a lot of cash next season.