Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playoff Watch Thread - Can the Raptors make it?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
    I want another Atlantic Division title banner! LOL!
    Positive thoughts man, positive thoughts!

Side note: It's nice to see Raps fan excited and optimistic for the future. Here's hoping it lasts!

Comment

With Boston winning Monday in Washington and the Dinos losing last night, the Raps find themselves 5.5 games behind the C**tics for the Atlantic Division lead. Boston plays the Heat tonight at home while the Raps are at home to the lowly Nets. I'm guessing the Raps will not gain any ground tonight.

Code:
      Atlantic	W	L	PCT	  GB	  CONF   DIV   HOME	ROAD   L 10   STREAK
      Boston(3)	30	16	0.652  0.0	  20-10   8-1   13-8	17-8	   4-6	    W 1
      Toronto(5)	26	23	0.531  5.5	  18-16   4-3   17-6	9-17	   7-3	    L 1

Comment

Will it happen? No.
        Will it happen in 2-3 years? Most likely, yes.

Boston just has our number. They're like the old, crafty guys down at the Y. They know how to play and they'll whip your arse without any reservations.

Comment

Boston beats Miami tonight (02/03/10) and the Raps win against the Nets. No change, still 5.5 games back.

Comment

The chances of the Raps winning the Atlantic are very slim. Maybe if we acquire a player (by the trade deadline) who would ultimately improve our team defense, then I can see us challenging the Celtics for the top spot.

Comment

d.C wrote: View Post
              The chances of the Raps winning the Atlantic are very slim. Maybe if we acquire a player (by the trade deadline) who would ultimately improve our team defense, then I can see us challenging the Celtics for the top spot.
              Got to agree!

Although Boston is stumbling quite a bit recently! Still they have handled the Raptors easily and dispatched them with disdain in each and every meeting.

Raps are rolling all the same!
              Twitter:@coachclement

The best way to predict your future is to create it - Peter Drucker

Comment

Nothing's impossible... Boston still has some tough games ahead:

CLE x2
                DEN x2
                HOU x2
                @LAL
                @POR
                @DAL
                SAN
                UTA
                and... @TOR

Comment

Let's look at this again AFTER the trade deadline!

If Boston's injury woes continue and Bryan Colangelo pulls off a "big" trade, Then maybe the Raptors do have a shot at 1st in the Division.
                  The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

We don't need a trade right now... this team is headed in the right direction.
                    As Oak once said... "if it ain't broke... don't break it"
                    Last edited by photoman; Wed Feb 10, 2010, 12:30 PM.

Comment

I don't want them to fix it, I want them to add more horse power.

Comment

4 behind Boston and 4.5 behind Atlanta
                        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Vacation is About End

Okay boys and girls.

We are approaching the start of the real regular season.

I must admit it was nice of the Raptors to spot the Celtics a 4 game lead. Now, its time to get down to business and take the Atlantic Division crown. Time to separate the men from the boys.

Time for the Raptors to kick some butt and some more butt.
                          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Let's get ready to RUMBLE!!!!

Comment

With Boston losing yesterday in Denver (great game) the Dinos are 4.5 back of the C**tics. Perhaps even more interesting is that the Dinos are only 3.5 games behind Atlanta for the 4th seed!

Home court is a REAL possibility! Can the Raps take it up a notch and catch the Hawks?! I hope CB4 doesn't miss any more games.

...And whoever unstickied this thread is in TROUBLE!

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post

...And whoever unstickied this thread is in TROUBLE!
                                Sorry, my bad brother. I think I did it by mistake on Saturday when I was doing a little clean-up.

Comment

Working...
                                X