Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GT: Match de basket entre les Raptors de Toronto et les Knicks de New York, svp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stretch wrote: View Post
    I think Casey wanted to send a message to a division rival with this one, playing starters right to the end and some of the bench players hardly got an minutes (Ross and Gray). Was Ed Davis injured? Too bad it wasn't the regular season with this effort.
    Both Ed and Terence had some injury issues. Casey said in an interview on Thursday that Ed landed on his butt and it was pretty sore. Maybe a bruised muscle) but nothing too serious. Better to let it heal, with a nice 5 day stretch now, then have him go out there and aggravate it,

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
      I think Casey wanted to send a message to a division rival with this one, playing starters right to the end and some of the bench players hardly got an minutes (Ross and Gray). Was Ed Davis injured? Too bad it wasn't the regular season with this effort.
      NY played their starters pretty big minutes as well. Felt like a regular seaason game

Comment

Without Lucas' shooting getting the offense revved up, I think this game would have gone differently. Andrea played better than the first few games but is it me, or is there a lack of understanding on defense when he and Jonas are on the floor together? More than once I've seen them both mid-key while the opposing team's guard passes behind them to the center/pf they SHOULD be guarding. I think they need to talk (in whatever language) to know who's guarding who.

Kleiza was pretty much useless... I expected more. And I think T-Ross is gonna take as long as DeMar to really find his place in the league. I expect him to turn into a Danny Granger type at best.
        Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

Comment

Quel superbe match devant 22 114 partisans! Magnifique. NOW. Lowry. WOW. He was amazing. Same for the other newcomers, JV, Lucas and Fields. Those guys really impressed me. Lowry plays with a lot of heart and he's really talented. Fields is a complete player and Lucas is a heck of a shooter. As for JV, 10 rebounds, and he could score more if he was not afraid to go strong inside. Looking forward to the season. Les Raptors ont définitivement des chances de se rendre en séries!

Comment

Our point guard trio out played, out worked the Knicks trio...

One guy who really seemed to impress me a lot last night, was Fields. Great defense on Carmelo Anthony, a guy like Melo is going to score his points, but making it hard can take the flow out of the offense.

6 points, 5 assists, 5 rebounds, 2 steals. Really impressed, it was a 6 million dollar effort.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
              but the 5th preseason game is enough to proclaim "he's back"? This due to 7 rebounds and a couple blocks?
              +1, that dude is seriously biased.

Comment

Fields D was pretty solid. Not all of melo's points came when he was being guarded by Fields. Alan Anderson was on him a bit too. I love how Fields tied Amare in Rebounds and beat Felton in assists. Knicks looked horrible though.
                Last edited by Pill; Sat Oct 20, 2012, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Totally agree with you guys. Yesterday Bargs really did not impress me at all. He was soft. He was taking bad shots and he was not looking for his teammates. 20 and 7 is good. But look at his FG%.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                    Totally agree with you guys. Yesterday Bargs really did not impress me at all. He was soft. He was taking bad shots and he was not looking for his teammates. 20 and 7 is good. But look at his FG%.
                    Are you kidding me? he was playing some impressive D and had some nice blocks.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                      The impressive part though, was he was fairly solid on the boards and defensively, he looked much more aggressive and into the games than we've seen an pre-season. Offensively, 20 shots to get 20 points or so may not be great, but Andrea is still getting the legs under him. To finally have him be so involved in this game makes things look well. This is what this team is capable of doing, and probably even better.
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Funny thing is, he grabbed the 7 boards through the first 3 quarters (game high for both teams at the time)... he grabbed nothing in the 4th

Bargs was setting mean screens and performing pretty well on defense... give him a pass, it is preseason after all.
                        TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          I thought Fields' defense on Melo was really impressive. Every shot was heavily contested. Melo expended a lot of energy scoring his 24 pts (on 20 shots).
                          I didnot know but am definitely not surprised in the least....apparently Fields & Melo were not on the best of terms in NY. I suppose we can speculate but my money is on the Jeremy Lin/DAntoni situation (Lin & Fields were good buds).

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knick...3w4LYUzgzxvZaP

Comment

• Stoudemire is out 2-3 weeks with a bum knee.

I was watching the game Friday thinking the best thing for the Knicks and worst for everyone else would be if one of Melo or Stoudemire were injured. Those 2 guys are oil and water.

Comment

• I can't believe how far the Knicks went to get Melo, he is the biggest locker room cancer ever. On the other hand, I don't like the Knicks, so I'm not complaining

Comment

• They would have one of the most complete teams in the NBA if they did not trade for him and they probably could have kept Lin

Comment

Working...
                                X