Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: GT: Match de basket entre les Raptors de Toronto et les Knicks de New York, svp?

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Only 3 more steals and 5 blocks to make the classic 5-5-5-5-5 statline

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
    Only 3 more steals and 5 blocks to make the classic 5-5-5-5-5 statline

For Fields I mean

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    The title is "Knicks @ Craptors - PS Game 3: A look at Landry" from Knicks fan forum. It goes on and on. They do really mock the Raptors, especially the entries before the game starts.

http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=13102
    IT is always fun reading other fans. I found this funnY:

This is where we are going to win games.

on nights where another teams starting 5 gives our starting 5 trouble, our second unit will beat almost any other teams 2 unit

Our second unit is just too deep, versatile and experienced.
    and this:

I'm going to say you must recognize our Point Guard Trio.

No more...

Hoping Duhon or another player pans out.

Hoping they can learn the system.

Having one guy do one good thing, and the other doing another.

I mean Im looking for reasons why we don't have the best PG Trio in the league. All these dudes can ball.

Where is our weakness? Is it athleticism? Defense?

We get guys involved, move the rock, and knock down open shots. And their D can compete with anyone.

Health... speed? What don't we have? Im looking for something.
    I would take the Raps 3 point guard ANY DAY OF THE WEEK over Knicks 3.

Lowry is one of the biggest steals of the offseason. Great job by Toronto on getting him for nothing.

Raptors Republic All-Star Craiger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    You can't really believe that the first four pre-season games were any kind of a serious look at an NBA veterans actual capability. These guys know how to preserve their energy. It's a long season.
    but the 5th preseason game is enough to proclaim "he's back"? This due to 7 rebounds and a couple blocks?

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post

That is all.
    I didn't know Chandler was dating Emmanuel Lewis...
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought Fields' defense on Melo was really impressive. Every shot was heavily contested. Melo expended a lot of energy scoring his 24 pts (on 20 shots).
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah and that was with Melo getting every all star call they could throw at him. Melo is one of the few players in the NBA I hate watching. He plays the game the wrong way. An amazing talent that has an even bigger ego. Good thing he has all those pylons wearing the same uni as him.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I thought Fields' defense on Melo was really impressive. Every shot was heavily contested. Melo expended a lot of energy scoring his 24 pts (on 20 shots).
    Fields was playing like the 6 million man last night, no doubt.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Casey wanted to send a message to a division rival with this one, playing starters right to the end and some of the bench players hardly got an minutes (Ross and Gray). Was Ed Davis injured? Too bad it wasn't the regular season with this effort.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    IT is always fun reading other fans. I found this funnY:
    "This is where we are going to win games.

on nights where another teams starting 5 gives our starting 5 trouble, our second unit will beat almost any other teams 2 unit

Our second unit is just too deep, versatile and experienced."

and this

"I would take the Raps 3 point guard ANY DAY OF THE WEEK over Knicks 3.
    I was going to post the same quotes. Hilarious.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Casey wanted to send a message to a division rival with this one, playing starters right to the end and some of the bench players hardly got an minutes (Ross and Gray). Was Ed Davis injured? Too bad it wasn't the regular season with this effort.
    Both Ed and Terence had some injury issues. Casey said in an interview on Thursday that Ed landed on his butt and it was pretty sore. Maybe a bruised muscle) but nothing too serious. Better to let it heal, with a nice 5 day stretch now, then have him go out there and aggravate it,

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

NY played their starters pretty big minutes as well. Felt like a regular seaason game

Raptors Republic Rookie ScottBaird's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Without Lucas' shooting getting the offense revved up, I think this game would have gone differently. Andrea played better than the first few games but is it me, or is there a lack of understanding on defense when he and Jonas are on the floor together? More than once I've seen them both mid-key while the opposing team's guard passes behind them to the center/pf they SHOULD be guarding. I think they need to talk (in whatever language) to know who's guarding who.

Kleiza was pretty much useless... I expected more. And I think T-Ross is gonna take as long as DeMar to really find his place in the league. I expect him to turn into a Danny Granger type at best.
    Don't hate me because I'm an optimist.

Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quel superbe match devant 22 114 partisans! Magnifique. NOW. Lowry. WOW. He was amazing. Same for the other newcomers, JV, Lucas and Fields. Those guys really impressed me. Lowry plays with a lot of heart and he's really talented. Fields is a complete player and Lucas is a heck of a shooter. As for JV, 10 rebounds, and he could score more if he was not afraid to go strong inside. Looking forward to the season. Les Raptors ont définitivement des chances de se rendre en séries!

Post Thanks / Like

Our point guard trio out played, out worked the Knicks trio...

One guy who really seemed to impress me a lot last night, was Fields. Great defense on Carmelo Anthony, a guy like Melo is going to score his points, but making it hard can take the flow out of the offense.

6 points, 5 assists, 5 rebounds, 2 steals. Really impressed, it was a 6 million dollar effort.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craiger wrote: View Post
    but the 5th preseason game is enough to proclaim "he's back"? This due to 7 rebounds and a couple blocks?
    +1, that dude is seriously biased.

Post Thanks / Like

Fields D was pretty solid. Not all of melo's points came when he was being guarded by Fields. Alan Anderson was on him a bit too. I love how Fields tied Amare in Rebounds and beat Felton in assists. Knicks looked horrible though.
    Last edited by Pill; Sat Oct 20th, 2012 at 02:29 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Totally agree with you guys. Yesterday Bargs really did not impress me at all. He was soft. He was taking bad shots and he was not looking for his teammates. 20 and 7 is good. But look at his FG%.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Totally agree with you guys. Yesterday Bargs really did not impress me at all. He was soft. He was taking bad shots and he was not looking for his teammates. 20 and 7 is good. But look at his FG%.
    Are you kidding me? he was playing some impressive D and had some nice blocks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    The impressive part though, was he was fairly solid on the boards and defensively, he looked much more aggressive and into the games than we've seen an pre-season. Offensively, 20 shots to get 20 points or so may not be great, but Andrea is still getting the legs under him. To finally have him be so involved in this game makes things look well. This is what this team is capable of doing, and probably even better.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information