Raps gets no respect!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    I cant stand Skip and Stephen A., although i always find myself watching First take.
    same here. They act like two kids fighting over a video game! No Respect!

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Agreed. Raps haven't really done anything that warrants respect. Start winning games, and winning games often. Then the fame will follow.
      Start winning games and then they will start to make calls against them so the other teams can win. I go back to when Blue Jays won 2 titles and then the next year the Expose was best team in the League and Blue Jays was leading the American League. Just how much money and viewers do you think they would have lost on an all Canadian World Series? Just saying!

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
        Just how much money and viewers do you think they would have lost on an all Canadian World Series? Just saying!
        Are you saying that it was more profitable for MLB to cancel an entire season, than have 2 Canadian teams in the World Series?

Comment

Agreed. Raps haven't really done anything that warrants respect. Start winning games, and winning games often. Then the fame will follow.
          And have exciting players. Nobody watches the Spurs.

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
            And have exciting players. Nobody watches the Spurs.
            People may not care to watch the Spurs, but everyone respects them

Comment

People may not care to watch the Spurs, but everyone respects them
              It's funny how we tend to not let go of the "old stories" we tell ourselves. The Spurs played a very different style of game last year and were much more fun to watch. Hard to imagine, but last year they were #1 Offensive Rating, #2 PPG. Who'd have ever thought, and they seem to be scoring in bunches again this preseason.

Comment

They have incredible ball movement tho

Comment

Are you saying that it was more profitable for MLB to cancel an entire season, than have 2 Canadian teams in the World Series?
                  Actually it was not an entire season that was cancelled. It was the last half of the season if I'm not mistaken. Also yes it is more profitable because in my opinion, they make millions of dollars on tv viewing. What american in their right mind will watch two Canadian teams in the World series. No american income coming in the american ballparks, american cities, etc.

Thirdly, Can you tell me of any time in any professional sports history where they cancelled a season after half way through it?

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
                    Actually it was not an entire season that was cancelled. It was the last half of the season if I'm not mistaken. Also yes it is more profitable because in my opinion, they make millions of dollars on tv viewing. What american in their right mind will watch two Canadian teams in the World series. No american income coming in the american ballparks, american cities, etc.

Thirdly, Can you tell me of any time in any professional sports history where they cancelled a season after half way through it?
                    So.....zero revenue (in a cancelled season) is better than limited revenue (in an all-Canadian World Series)?

Comment

Don't have insider access, but Hollinger ranks Toronto 12th in the East (with a 33-49 record):
                      http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/previ...aptors-outlook

His Eastern rankings (so far):

1) Miami
                      2) Indiana
                      3) Boston
                      4) Brooklyn
                      5) Philly
                      6) Atlanta
                      7) NY
                      8) Chicago
                      9) Milwaukee
                      10) Washington
                      11) Cleveland
                      12) Toronto

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Don't have insider access, but Hollinger ranks Toronto 12th in the East (with a 33-49 record):
                        http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/previ...aptors-outlook

His Eastern rankings (so far):

1) Miami
                        2) Indiana
                        3) Boston
                        4) Brooklyn
                        5) Philly
                        6) Atlanta
                        7) NY
                        8) Chicago
                        9) Milwaukee
                        10) Washington
                        11) Cleveland
                        12) Toronto
                        Seems par for the course. I'd be shocked to see any American predictions that gives the Raptors the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

Working...
                        X