GM survey: few TO sightings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM survey: few TO sightings

GM survey is out...I wouldn't think too much of this. It's something most GMs likely respond to without really thinking much. Not surprisingly, Toronto pretty much is nowhere to be seen.
    -Kyle Lowry got a vote for underrated acquisition.
    -Valanciunas picked up some votes in different questions. I find it funny though, that he's voted international player most likely to have a breakout season, without getting one vote for ROY or for rookie "sleeper"(Ross got one vote there ). JV did get one vote for rookie who'll be the best in 5 years. That's nice to see.
    -Ross got votes for his athleticism, and even Acy got one there too.
    So yeah, just the rooks and Lowry being talked about.

http://www.nba.com/news/2012-13-gm-s...=iref:nbahpt6a

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    GM survey is out...I wouldn't think too much of this. It's something most GMs likely respond to without really thinking much. Not surprisingly, Toronto pretty much is nowhere to be seen.
    -Kyle Lowry got a vote for underrated acquisition.
    -Valanciunas picked up some votes in different questions. I find it funny though, that he's voted international player most likely to have a breakout season, without getting one vote for ROY or for rookie "sleeper"(Ross got one vote there ). JV did get one vote for rookie who'll be the best in 5 years. That's nice to see.
    -Ross got votes for his athleticism, and even Acy got one there too.
    So yeah, just the rooks and Lowry being talked about.

http://www.nba.com/news/2012-13-gm-s...=iref:nbahpt6a
    Not only do they not think long about it; I've read quite often that they don't fill these in themselves; probably intern number 3. One of those interns thought Kevin Durant was the best shooting guard and another one thinks Kirilenko is better than Nowitzki and Marc and Pau Gasol.

Always nice to see the Raptors vote for themselves a couple of times...

Popovich getting 80% on best coach is very high (for a guy who some might think was outcoached in their play-off loss to OKC last year).

Comment

Who are the 3.3% who think Atlanta will have a better record than Miami??? Or the 3.3% who chose Minnesota over OKC??? Or the 3.3% who chose the Clippers to win the Pacific over the Lakers....and so on.

Clearly, someone was drunk when completing this survey.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Who are the 3.3% who think Atlanta will have a better record than Miami??? Or the 3.3% who chose Minnesota over OKC??? Or the 3.3% who chose the Clippers to win the Pacific over the Lakers....and so on.

Clearly, someone was drunk when completing this survey.
        1/30 = 3.33%, so my guess is Atlanta voted to Atlanta, Minnesota voted Missesota, and the Clips chose the Clips lol

Comment

As I continue reading, someone chose Klay Thompson as a better pure shooter than Ray Allen??? Where do they find these guys?

Comment

Damn you unpaid intern #4!!!!!!

Comment

Which international player is most likely to have a breakout season in 2012-13?
              1. Jonas Valanciunas, Toronto -- 17.2%
              2. Ricky Rubio, Minnesota -- 13.8%
              3. Nikola Pekovic, Minnesota -- 13.8%
              4. Goran Dragic, Phoenix, Danilo Gallinari, Denver, Donatas Motiejunas, Houston, Kevin Seraphin, Washington, Alexey Shved, Minnesota, Mirza Teletovic, Brooklyn -- 6.9%
              Also receiving votes: Christian Eyenga, Orlando; Evan Fournier, Denver; Enes Kanter, Utah; Tiago Splitter, San Antonio; Jan Vesely, Washington
              Last year: Ricky Rubio -- 37.0%

all i cared about
              No Dissrespect...
              With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.. You hear me BC?

Comment

If I remember correctly, GMs can't vote for their own teams/players, which means Pat Riley somehow had to choose between Atlanta/Charlotte/Washington/Orlando... I'm sure he had a good chuckle over that one.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  As I continue reading, someone chose Klay Thompson as a better pure shooter than Ray Allen??? Where do they find these guys?
                  did you watch ray allen play last year?
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                    did you watch ray allen play last year?
                    Yeah, I did. He shot 46% from the field, 45% from beyond the arc, and 91% from the stripe....in 46 games averaging 34 minutes.

Thompson, on the other hand, shot 44%, 41%, and 87% respectively....in 66 games averaging 24 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                    X